1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 3/6/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2017.

1. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

I caught onto Kawhi's travels early in the season. His footwork is not this holy grail the media is making you believe (comparing it to Kobe). Refs still don't call it, especially at the end of games where it's pretty obvious, to me at least. They admit their mistakes AND still don't fix it. It's getting really annoying, but what can you do? So much incompetence.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

A couple of pages to go to hit 100. Don't quit now guys

Let's b**** about something or someone

Maybe Jeff Biglydick and why we couldn't get stops down the stretch

hakeem94, BigShasta and J.R. like this.
  3. touring_low

touring_low Member

Man, kill this thread already. [​IMG] .

4. Voltik

Voltik Member

The l2m report is ridiculous based on those pics. I can maybe understand refs missing it but not a freaking report done the next day. No wonder these refs can never make correct calls, cause whoever trains them has no freaking clue about correctly officiating games.

5. WestendMassive

Do you really expect the NBA to destroy their new marketing opportunity? That block is now Kawhi's signature play for 2016, and has all the talking heads saying he's as good as Lebron. The NBA is not about to say Harden was fouled by Lee beforehand, which allowed the block to happen, that would take away their credibility to pump up Kawhi.

slothy420, ImMikeV, Rox11 and 2 others like this.
  6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So I literally avoided rockets section entirely after that game because it was going to be chaos. After some time thinking about that game and all the terrible officiating ect, I come to the conclusion that the Rockets are in fact the better team.

Sure they put themselves into the position to lose however

- Terrible officiating, terrible calls on Khawi
    - Terrible offense from role players, Lou was bad, Dekker was bad, Ariza was bad
    - Ryno had to leave the game
    - Parker, Lee and company played out of there minds with threes and offensive rebounding

And we only lost by 2.....

The game was extremely winnable, I think we are a bad matchup for them especially if we pickup another big

deb4rockets5, rhee and BigShasta like this.
  7. Zergling

Zergling Member

He's done this before and I don't like Harden trying to drive in for a layup at end of games. The refs WILL NOT call anything near the buzzer. He needs to go for the jump shot which would be harder to block.

hakeem94 and Little Bit like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

then people will just complain how come harden doesn't just drive the ball to the basket and to stop settling for a jumper. If the shot is missed it's a lose lose situation no matter what he does.

You live with the results when the ball is in your best players hands. It's always easy to just criticize after the fact.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Last 2 Minute report isn't about fixing mistakes. They don't care about actually correcting calls for the future. They just care about fans thinking that they care.

mfastx likes this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Being down 2 on the road, the best thing Harden could've done there is go for the win. Shoot the three or find an open shooter for three.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

that would be what you would do. doesn't mean its the best thing. other coaches have there own philosophy.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Take the stage, dear friend.

13. goldoil

goldoil Member

Fixed games are nothing new, not all but some are fixed.

Read "The Fix Is In: The Showbiz Manipulations of the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and NASCAR".

Blatantly not making calls on a particular team.

Not trying to totally excuse the Rockets' play but the officiating towards the end seemed on purpose.

#1953 goldoil, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Don't blame the officiating. I normally follow the officiating really closely and would readily dish blame to them any chance I get, but we lost this game ourselves. Had a terrible patch of turnovers which were nothing but carelessness and indifference, had no momentum on offense whatsoever after the 1st quarter.

Our team relies EXTREMELY heavily on James. Ariza and EGO are too streaky. We need a Millsap or Horford player to really succeed.