1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 3/22/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davidzhou

Davidzhou Member

go ahead, i believe we can win the game

2. Davidzhou

Davidzhou Member

that is a good idea, but ad don't think so, maybe

3. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Because it's the NBE which stands for national basketball entertainment. You can thank dictator stern for that. It's not about playoff match up anymore like back in the days. It's more of a ohhh and ahh show to brain wash the young audience to play like dwade. Noboday want to see tim vs yao. I can see why the center position is dying nowadays....mucho triste

4. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

hopefully we are able to pull this one off

5. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

We can handle Spurs very well..we have been winning over there several time, and this time will mark another winning one.

6. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Tony Parker is going to light Aaron Brooks up so badly.

I really hope Yao goes ape on the Spurs. Artest, again, is going to be the reason why we win or lose. We can expect Yao to show, as he is consistent, but Artest will either play well or play poorly.

Yao + Artest = 50 points = win.

7. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

YAo 25pts = Win :D

8. chasingu

chasingu Member

it recalls my memory of the rockets-lakers game in last season, the last win in our historic 22 in a row. they are so similar as both tip off in the afternoon, the teams are tied the record before the games. and as Gasol was out in the game in last season, while we were out of Yao, this time, we have to play without Landry and Tracy, and the Spurs also lost Ginobili, the best sixth-man of the league.

last time, Alston got 31 points, including 8 big threes, leading the team roll past the lakers. this time, who will be the leader?

last time, we won and possessed the sole position of the 1st place of the west. can we step onto the leading position of the division, copying the history again?

NOTE: i posted it as a new thread by the title of "about the rockets-spurs game", but someone told me to post it here, so i do

9. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Go Rockets, go go go...

10. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I agree here.

11. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Biggest game of the year, I seriously cant sleep

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I think my favorite game this season was against the Cavs...and if we dont play like that..

then riding on my four game predicting winning streak...

HOU 85
    SA 93

13. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

contain parker and hope that the spurs have an off shooting night from behind the three point line. We're also going to have to compete hard on the glass to come away with the win.

14. NorCal Texan

NorCal Texan Member

Rockets on top of the division and will be the 2nd seed today. Can't wait for the game. Go Rockets!!!

15. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

As of now, and it's pretty late now, ABC WILL NOT BE PICKING THIS GAME UP
    but it will still be shown on locally, even though yahoo doesn't say it

"Today’s game time was moved from noon to 2:30 when it was dropped from the ABC schedule in favor of today’s game between the Detroit Pistons and Miami Heat. It will be televised locally on Fox Sports-Houston."
    -Chronicle

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if ron and shane can just stay at home with the spurs shooters (mason/finley) then the rockets will have a good chance to win. of course, staying at home means not being able to help on parker or duncan too much. i dont think yao needs too much help on duncan. parker is who worries me. i hope lowry sees a lot of minutes today in order to slow parker one on one.

low scoring affair.

87-83

ROX WIN!!

17. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Parkers going to be real pumped up. And D. Bavetta or h/o you spell his name is officiating... :mad:

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Counting down the hours. We need win this one after Portland tossed the Bucks last night.

We have some difficult games to win in order for ust to keep pace with the West.

I don't care how we end up, just as long as we MAKE the playoffs and don't face the Jazz. I can't handle that team or anything regarding the entire state of Utah for a long, long time.

19. trance112

trance112 Member

ima be at the game in my rox jersey with a friend.
    left side behind basket. :D

hope rox beat the spurms...lol

20. ThaShark316_28

Spurs win, 89-78.

45-26.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.