1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/7/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 6, 2012.

1. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Edits my bads* I have seen ^

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I just wish for once the Rockets quit having Ppatt start...not because of this one game...just in general...he just doesnt do what a true PF should do...plays outside a lot...doesnt finish with contact...just not a true PF..he is a SF playing PF minutes...

Start Asik-C, TJones-PF, Parsons-SF, Harden and Lin
    Bench: Smith, PPatt, Morris, Delfino, and Douglas

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not only stat wise, he kept them close and within range. Just that when he went out it got out of hand completely.

4. valorita

valorita Member

we got dismantled by a well run spurs
    things we can learn from this game:
    -team defense needs to improve. our defense breaks down even with a simple pass or two.
    -watch them move the ball with good passes without high turnovers
    -we need a better pg/pf and we'll be set (and lin/patterson is NOT the answer!)

5. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

lin needs to do more shooting practise, he can't be shooting the ball like this and expects to still hold the starting position although tony is pretty much garbage on the long run

6. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Linnnnnnnn... sobb

7. lfw

lfw Rookie

Harden was fine carrying the starters but when he had to carry the bench that's when the Rockets were really getting killed.

8. SK34

SK34 Member

Now people can stop hating on me for not liking Lin. Its not my fault his game doesn't make me wanna respect him. I know he can play the game but eh...you get what I mean. Whenever I play ball, I can't really shoot the ball great therefore I attack the basket whenever I get the chance or touch the ball as I also play of the ball. He can attack the basket whenever he gets the chance and stop settling for 3s which he can't shoot.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Seriously TJones in just 8 min scored 9 points 3 rebounds and 2 assists...

10. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Every time we made a run the Spurs hit back harder, and it was always to close the qtr.

We had like what 6 rebounds in the second half mid way though the 4th tonight. When it was close at half in rebounding. The Spurs are super deep much credit to them. The Spurs always have these "Battier" players that play the "perfect role." Always.

Well tough loss, but we had this a game at one point. Harden needs to know when the team isn't shooting good, and he is to take over. He will learn this in time.

Lin needs to start hitting the open 3 from the corner, which is, the easiest shot from three there is. Lin needs to step up, and well the team needs to understand that Harden is doing what he can. He isn't putting it all up, and being a ball hog. He is a facilitator, and this is the greatness of Harden.

I just hope the team starts to understand, and gain the confidence that James is giving to them right now because he knows he can't do it alone.

11. mesta

mesta Member

Please watch the highlight in the forum, Howard was not even trying to guard Greg Smith. He was just standing there like a ho ho was

12. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Harden played great, Asik was sick, Parsons has a sore shoulder and I don't know what Patterson's and Lin's problems were. If Asik and Parson's were healthy it would have been respectable but the Spurs are just too cohesive and a great passing team.

13. torocan

torocan Member

We were severely out-classed across the board.

Our total lack of defense showed up hard in this game. Our shots weren't falling which made it worse.

Personally, before this game I thought we'd be lucky to get ONE out of our 4 game match ups against the Spurs this season. I'm standing by that.

Their offense is just too good. They exploit all of our defensive weaknesses with killer outside shooting, superior post play, and the best passing game in the NBA.

Their Defense is top 10 defense, with a superior rim defenders in Duncan and Green. They out-rebounded us 50-37. The biggest imbalance in rebounding we've had all season. And they blocked 7 of our shots.

Their bench is crazy strong. The best Bench in the NBA.

On the bright side, this is a film game. Our young players will look at it, study it, and hopefully apply more time to developing their defensive skills.

That said, don't count on any overnight changes. Defensive schemes take a lot of time to implement. And individual defensive instincts takes YEARS to develop for most players.

Youngest team in the NBA, with the most new players. Tonight it showed. In spades. They thrashed us from top to bottom, starters, 2nd unit, and even their 3rd stringers.

Get used to more games like this. There's a lot of development curve to go.

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

eh. This is really only the second bad game we've had all season (this and the Thunder game). All the others have been pretty close and well contested. Noone other than Harden seemed remotely interested in playing aggressive. Asik, Lin, Patterson, and Parsons were all crap but its one game and they'll hopefully regroup tomorrow.

Dallas game should be winnabe at home.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Wanna get better...young players should watch what the spurs bench players did...movement without the ball...setting of screens...thats how an efficient offense runs...im talking about their bench..

16. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

garbage minutes against 3rd string. Also his final bucket was with 10 seconds left and pretty much uncontested. Not trying to take anything away from him but the circumstances show that those points were insignificant.

But I think he should start getting more minutes and showing what he can do.

17. torocan

torocan Member

What I wonder is what was up with this. This was posted prior to the game.

Is there something that they're NOT telling us? Can anyone who went to the game confirm this?

18. lfw

lfw Rookie

Lin still needs to shoot those 3's occasionally or else the remaining of his driving lanes are going to dry up. On the pick and roll, the defending big is just laying back waiting to him him at the paint. Lin's shooting woes is killing his offensive game.

19. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

I've said this before, but I'd like to see the runs that the Rockets have gone on on teams, such as an 11-2 run, etc. Compare Lin, and TD with Harden on the floor with either of them, respectively.

I think it'd show that Harden scores those runs by himself with Lin on the court at times, and yes there have been exceptions. TD though has been on serious runs with Harden on the court with him, and both of them playing the D, and the O end GREAT!! The points are even more in bunches bc TD is a better shooter than LIN right now!

Didn't mean to reply on Tjones though. Just was reading, and clicked yours as you were asking a stat trend. Tjones though garbage time, and PP, and Asik have earned their due, and minutes this year. Tjones needs to step it up if he wants to get Mooks mins.

20. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Me too. Ask coach what he was thinking.