1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/7/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 6, 2012.

1. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

I'm more pissed about only getting 1 minute of D-Mo.

2. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Ahhhhh a nice good old a$$-kicking tonight. At least Harden played well. We gotta cut this road game losing streak tomorrow.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Glad we got this over with

4. HardLin

HardLin Member

Rockets lost by 22... and the game wasn't even that close.

5. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

He'd better pick up the phone and call his recruits to demand a trade or something :)

Good game by Harden, stats-wise.

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Sampson threw in towel with 12 minutes left in quarter. Oh well atleast harden is out if his slump

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

On the road against a championship contender. Mama said there'd be days like this. We're still .500, pretty good for the youngest team in the league.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Rough loss, but these will be common as the youngest team in the league faces off against seasoned contenders.

9. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

whats frustrating is that Duncan and Ginobili were fairly well contained. Although no starters played in the 4th.

Silver lining is they should be fresh for tomorrow vs Dallas!

10. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

D-Mo was waiting for 3-4 minutes at the scorer's table to get in, but the game didn't stop until 1:30 left.

11. thekad

thekad Member

Thank god Aldrich got minutes. Center of the future right there.

12. MONON

MONON Member

Good pt for those 4. I liked what I saw from them especially TJ. This is a learning process against 1 of the elite.

13. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Thought the lineups sucked tonight. Lin absoultely destroyed by Parker, needed Douglas in the game more. Would have liked to see them go small with Lin, Douglas, and Harden w/ Parsons struggling tonight.

14. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

The Spurs 3rd line got some playing time. Toney Douglas was -27 before garbage time.

15. split41

split41 Member

So close.

16. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

This was a freshman vs varsity game.

The Spurs have great chemistry & deep experience, excellent execution & defense, one of the best coaches & one of the best, if not the best PG/PF (C) combos in the league. They are simply just a much better team all around.

I’m glad Sampson matched Lin’s minutes with Parker’s minutes. It is the best way for him to learn how to play against elite PGs. But, I’m still questioning whether or not the Harden-Lin roles are limiting Lin’s opportunities to optimize his game on the offensive end… he still shows he’s affective when the game allows him to run, and so far the last-option-catch-and-shoot scenarios just does not seem to fit him yet.

Our team has plenty of areas to improve on, but this was a great learning opportunity for the Rocket's young crew, who will only get better as the season progresses.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hard to believe it was 66-58 at one point.

18. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

People notice how Harden after he scored 11 in a row, passed up an opportunity when I think it was Morris offering him the ball. He said no like someone else needs to do something...let's swing it...who knows?

I have see Harden do this many times to players this season trying to be a leader, which, I do like. Harden played great tonight. He is trying to let his team get confidence. He could have easily scored more tonight. He is a smart player, and never takes too many shots.

Harden loves SA!! Too bad the Rockets team hasn't loved SA as much

19. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

This team should start Morris instead of Patterson, and play more T. Jones or C. Aldrich whenever Asik is on the bench.

How disgusting was this game? All but two players who played at least 10 minutes were -10 or worse in +/-. This is what happens when you don't adjust your lineup to the opposition.

20. teebone21

teebone21 Member

They played bench almost more than starters