1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/28/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I believe so.

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tony Parker could sit out 'a while' with a hamstring injury <a href="http://t.co/qUvMQOXSQy">http://t.co/qUvMQOXSQy</a> <a href="http://t.co/DY5Aio6UfI">pic.twitter.com/DY5Aio6UfI</a></p>&mdash; Sports Illustrated (@SInow) <a href="https://twitter.com/SInow/status/548886898710544385">December 27, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

We should win this game. Spurs have trouble with our team since we are much more athletic than team and we have Spurs killer in Harden and Terry.

Danny Green has been hot from deep lately and Duncan is still very good.

Should be a good game nontheless. The next few games can be pretty up and down with the new pieces we added. Last night showed how special this team is.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Spurs are in a bad place right now. Without Kawhi and TP, they should be no match for the Rockets. They are severely outmanned without those two guys.

If the Rockets play D and don't turn the ball over a crazy number of times, it will be very hard for them to lose this one.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Spurs role players have been more dangerous. Parker's health isn't 100% and looks a little chubby.

6. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

I will be there rooting on our Rockets!!!!

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You can never rule out Duncan either.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We own them.

9. elainas

elainas Member

C'mon remember how Atlanta with back door cuts, and 2 on 2 kill us, spurs bench do that all the time do not calm down yet

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Has anyone else noticed the home crowd has been a lot better since Root Sports started up? Think the distribution throughout the city has helped build quite a bit of excitement.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great to hear that you will be representing the Red Nation in Spurs territory.
    They have caused us a lot of pain over so many years. I hope that we will knock them out of the playoffs this year.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think it has something to do with the holidays, but I hope that you are right.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

stay humble stay hungry

14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Harden always shows up big vs the Spurs. I expect a win.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

They are still World Championship. Never underestimate a Champion. Rockets better bring their "A" game.

16. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

So what is the plan for our starting line-up? I have to say that I like Smith off the bench, so he can create some plays with our second unit. We can use the offense when Harden and/or D12 are on the bench. However, I thought I read that he signed because he was going to be a starter?

Either way, I like the addition. Our line-up tomorrow would look pretty nice as:

Beverley
    Harden
    Ariza
    Smith
    Howard

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Josh Smith should start. D-Mo should be able to punish Splitter, Diaw or Baynes off the bench. Could be a big game for him.

Call me crazy, but if his head is screwed on, I think D-Mo can post up TD and have some success.

18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I really hope we play healthy teams soon, don't really wanna hear any excuses about guys being out. I don't care, win is a win and this definitely will be one that we should win. The Wiz on a back-to-back is gonna be much tougher so I can accept a loss if we at least beat the Spurs.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah that's true but what do you think about Conley? Did you know that he might not make the all star game this year? He has improved both his offensive and defensive efficiency all while leading the Griz into having one of the best records in the loaded west. Conley deserves more praise than what he gets. What do you think about Conley?

20. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

You are not crazy his talent and dominance is obviuos...

I believe DMO can postup anyone in this league with success, the only thing is will coach/tammates provide him with touches...

I think rockets are either hidding him (from trade suitors) or preventing his development in order to extend him for much less than he is worth...Either that or they are afraid of Dwight leaving after next year if DMO is allowed to shine and to become the main post player of the rockets...