1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 11/6/2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apps

Apps Member

This is looking to be an interesting and unique game if you ask me.

I predict that the Rockets will come out very strong offensively for the first three quarters, wear themselves out for the fourth, and due to perhaps a couple to a few players playing deficiently and below their abilities, the team will eventually be unable to keep up their offensive onslaught and the overall defensive liability of the team as a whole will become as clear as day for all fans and the coaching staff to see.

L. 0-5.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Do we have Hakeem back for this one? Oh, and will Robinson play?

3. moose

moose Member

Whose going? I'll be there in section 209 in my retro Rockets hoodie.

4. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

5. RV6

RV6 Member

“I know… my strengths,” Yao said. “I know… my weakness. I think I know how to help this team. From missing the whole year last year, this team has new teammates and a new style of play. I try to fit in there. That’s confusing.”

“We’re just not really close to being there in how to play with him,” Adelman said. “We’re almost to the point where you have to have certain people on the court with him to take advantage of him. We’re a work in progress right now.”

We’ll figure that out,” Shane Battier(notes) said. “It’s not like we’re going to go through the season (asking) ‘What are we, what’s our go-to play?’ It’s a matter of getting to that point.”

About JT possibly being traded:

He is caught in a numbers crunch,” Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. “He’s worked hard. He worked hard all summer long. It’s just a situation, there’s not much anybody can do about it. There (are) just so many spots on the team. If something happens, we all still like him. He’s a good player, a good kid, works his tail off.”

Brooks and his extension:

Brooks had during training camp described his frustration with going into the final season of his contract, but said that just having the meeting to talk about his position made him feel better about the situation.

“We talked about it,” Brooks said. “They explained their reasoning. I’m cool with that. I’ll move on.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkBQ2z1CEdBPLjFHUo9ymxKRPKB4?slug=teamreports-2010-nba-hou

Is this from a posted interview since the last game? I havent heard/read these exact quotes, so i figured they were new..

6. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

don't win. we have the best chance on next draft's #1 pick.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

okay Pistons won... we have to win this next game... we are the only team left in the NBA without a win.

8. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

This made me very sad. :(

9. amaru

amaru Member

:eek:...

10. Felece

Felece Member

Please rest Yao on this one... We dont have lowry too. If we dont have Yao for the T-Wolves I have a feeling It'll be layup drills. With this spurs team atleast we can TRY to hang with them without Yao since they're old

11. RV6

RV6 Member

whaaat. You need Yao against Blair because he's been killing us. Wolves have Love and Darko inside...Hill can handle Love and Miller hopefully will be ready to just keep Darko off the boards. Wolves are more likely to run on us than the spurs also.

12. dd89

dd89 Member

The comeback will be so sweet. Just be patient.

13. Gakatron

Gakatron Member

How did we pull this start to the year after a trip to China?... 2 of our opponents so far are yet to lose, even the Warriors have only dropped one game and the 4 teams we have played are a combined 18-3 and now we come up against a team away that is 3-1... so 21-4 our first 5 opponents. ouch!

14. rocketsmetalspd

"Just Win Baby"..Al Davis line. :grin:

15. metalshred

metalshred Member

This prediction is accurate.

16. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Gotta get this win, being the only team left without one, not a good look. I hope Yao has a big game, in the limited time of course, but hopefully it will be motivating.
    Oh, the chaos that will continue on here if we lose. Oh geez.

Everything is going to be fine, just go back inside, have yourself a 40, just party. :grin:

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Tonight is a battle between the Traditional Classy Benchmark organization and the New-age Classy Benchmark organization. Morey vs Buford. Adelman vs Popovich. Ish Smith(Wake Forest) vs. Duncan(Wake Forest). The Spurs have only lost one single game so far this season, and they lost that one to a Trevor Ariza-inspired red-hot Hornets team with Trevor Ariza in it. (Side note: Chris Paul did a fantastic job too...he had a last-minute runner that silenced the crowed like a mofo..it was lyk...*yayayayyayayyayooooooboooooayayayayay*..*banks runner in off the glass* *the arena turns into a graveyard* :p)

The Spurs likes to play their games in their typical fashion, getting around twenty points evenly from each of its balanced big three and finding three others to contribute as well.(Jefferson, Hill and Anderson etc etc) The Rockets will need to find a way to limit those other contributions, and if they do, will have a good chance to win this game because the Spurs aren’t the defensive juggernaut they once were. If the Rockets get some stops, they’ll have enough open looks of their own to win the game.

Matchups

At point guard, there is the usual battle between friends/foes/rivals Parker and Brooks and that battle looks to remain active for a very long time come. I fully expect Brooks to match Parker’s scoring numbers – but his all around game, defense, and ability to break a defense to pieces has never been a match for Parker.

On the wings, Jefferson and Ginobili will take on Martin and Budinger(yea noticed I left out Shane Battier? Well thats cos we are not going to realize he is in the game because chances are we'll only be concentrating on the opponent's basket all the time.) The Spurs have more scoring punch, and Ginobili is as good an all around wing player as there is in the league. Still, if Budinger can hit his open shots, and Martin/Lee makes Ginobili work a little, this shouldn’t be a tremendous advantage for the Rockets.

Up front, Duncan is a monster, and he’s starting at center next to DeJuan Blair until import Tiago Splitter fights his way through a calf strain. Duncan is fundamental and tough, and Blair is energetic and aggressive on the boards, if undersized. This should be a good battle between them and Yao/Scola, but I expect the Hornets to hold the scoring edge, and the Spurs to hold the rebounding edge.

That leaves the benches. Right now, as with Rick Adelman, I don’t know what the best rotation is. We’ll probably see the bench continue to be 6 deep until he settles on his rotation, and we’ll have to hope it continues to produce as it has the previous two games. (32 points a game off the bench? That’s a huge change from previous seasons when getting a score of points from the bench was a coup.)

Anyways, stick around to talk up the game. Oh, and not to depress you, but I have the recap tonight. My track record of recaps and games isn’t particularly shiny.

Other News:

Tony Parker signed an extension recently that will make him a Spur through the 2011-12 season, meaning he and CP3 could both be free agents in the summer of 2012- the same season that Raymond Felton comes off the books for the Knicks. Food for thought. ;)

Bobby Simmons was released today by the Spurs and in the process the Spurs signed Chris Quinn. Things not looking so bright for Garett Temple. On the other hand, if Chris "why-the-#$@$@#@-am-i-still-able-to-stay-in-the-nba" Quinn gets any courttime...Brooks should be looking to break a season record for most points scored.

Im gonna go check my NBA 2K Simulation now..hehe

18. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Member

Section 115. Black and Red Ariza jersey.

Better be a win, i spent a grip on tickets.

19. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

Jordan Hill matches up quite well with Timmy.

20. plates300

plates300 Member

Need to have Hill on the floor when Blair is on the floor. Blair is way too quick for Scola/Yao when it comes to rebounding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.