1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 11/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Chandler's response isn't what I expected, but I guess I can see the merit. The minute Bev tightened up on Tony is the same minute they started kicking it out to their guys on the perimeter and lighting us up that way. I didn't realize it until Worrell and Bull pointed it out, but there was a period of time in the 4th where the Spurs were scoring on nearly every possession -- and Belinelli was responsible for ALL of it. Had Danny Green or someone else caught fire from the perimeter, we would have been in big trouble. Spurs have a lot of damn weapons when firing on all cylinders.

2. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Do you remember who started it?

How do you mean I am not correct? was Harden the answer in Clipers game, Dallas game, Lakers game? Clearly not? How come? I'll tell you, you can put the whole tim on your back only once in a while no matter who you are.

And his man always play like MJ. If he is to play a good defence then he wouldnt need putting whole team on his back. We have no trouble scoring even our second unit scores best in NBA, instead let Harden play defence.
    No man is the answer, basketball is a team game.

3. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

I mean he should be scoring within the flow of offense -not force things, play some decent defense etc. we clearly dont need Harden to score, we are best scoring team in nba even without Harden, we need him to play defense....

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Looks like beef between the two Relativity Sports guys. Dan Fegan better settle this.

5. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

I think that's why Casspi signed with Fegan, to be the tiebreaker

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Amazingskills, just stop.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You have to pick your poison against the Spurs, or really any elite offensive team, there's no way to stop Tony Parker and Tim Duncan and the 3 point shooters. We targeted their 3 point shooters, Belinelli got hot against our bench + Harden brigade, but other than that, their offense outside of their main 2 was anemic.

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I think you mean Bellinelli. He made a backdoor cut from the corner three on the left side and Manu saw him and passed him the ball from right side from 3pt line for an easy layup.

Bellinelli had at least two, if not three instances where he had it too easy to score, courtesy of Harden's non existing effort on D. I know he's hurt, but it didn't seem Spurs felt sorry for him and exploited that. If Parsons was on Bellinelli from the start, it wouldn't help as Manu would be doing the same job on Harden.

9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I know what you mean man, but give the guys a bit more time to figure it out and Harden to heal. When he's healthy, he will let his guy score for 25, but he will score 40 on him.

From your post it seems like you'd prefer Tony Allen to Harden for our team since we have so much scoring options...

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There was one, there was a 2nd one where he tried to help on a penetration leaving Belinelli open for 3, the coaches got angry at him on that one (they do the same thing to Lin, it seems they're really against perimeter players helping out Dwight, better off just living or dying by the Dwight)

11. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

How many of you understand now better what I was talking about? Whats the use of Harden puting the team on his back in one game when we lose another couple of games because of him...

With Tony Allen in the lineup we wouldnt lose last night...

But I agree - HarDen is the answer

12. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

is this game posted somewhere i can watch it?

13. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

So its clear now Harden is not the answer...