1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 10/23/2015 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2015.

1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

The game got away from is in the middle to late part of the third with a lot of our guys still out there. Some poor shot selection and sloppy play. That said there is certsinly no reason to panic or care. Pre season is useless

1 person likes this.
  2. GottaHaveHeart

Team seems complacent resting on their laurels from last year. Team needs to show up. Right now we just look good on paper and leaders on this Team need to lead, especially on "D".
    Season can get pretty ugly quick if slow outta gate with Milkhair coaching style, combust Ty, and egos from our two studs, imo

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden, Capela, Jones, and Ariza played through 3 quarters. Lawson played only the 1st half, his back tighten up on him.

Spurs played their starters and rotational guys for 3 quarters as well. They blew things wide open in the 3rd. The 1st half was very competitive, we took the lead a few times but the Spurs went on a run to take the lead back and went up 3 before the half. (58-55)

1 person likes this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I quit watching at the half .... Did Green ever miss ?! Last I recall he was 6-6 from 3 .... all of them w i d e o p e n.

5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Good and competitive for the most part. The Rockets got pretty cold and the Spurs didn't.

Can't really think too hard on this. They will need to clean up the rotation and defense before the season starts. Not too worried. They will have a good year

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No the astros are more like the Clippers in the nba.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is the true voice of reason and reality!

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Some serious warning signs:
    - all around defense - Harden is back to his old ways, Beverley has lost his touch, TJ gets abused
    - Beverley playing PG - off the ball he's solid and his 3pt shot is good
    - complacent play - we have the talent, but due to injuries and a feeling of superiority or something we are just not bringing the effort.
    - offense - we still have no solid offensive sets. Just watch how easy the Spurs get their shots and how hard we worked to get ours.
    - injuries - we are seriously ****ed if D-Mo does not come back, Dwight is limited and any of our other 6-7 key players

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Rockets lost big. In a meaningless game mind you.

But it made someone's night. Glad your Friday was good man.

10. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Wooo calm down lol

11. anchel

anchel Member

Rockets look basically uncoached (surprise).

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

P-R-E-S-E-A-S-O-N

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yes, still warning signs for me though. Still high expectations for regular season, but I'll not get too high on how we come out of the gates.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Let's get this party started, right?

Go Rockets!

#434 Roc Paint, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It was a MEANINGLESS preseason game - who cares? There was literally NOTHING to be learned from watching that game.

Some of the guys are not even on our roster, and many that are the 11-15th played - and again - who cares.

Let's get to the real season....PLEASE !

DD

16. rocketsmetalspd

Amen! Let's get this season started on good note by winning on Wednesday.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I liked the way Ty played throughout the preseason. He was probably the 2nd or 3rd consistent player behind Ariza and maybe Brewer. Played in control, didn't turn it over too much, and moved the ball well. Wish I would've seen more but I liked what I saw.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is preseason, you dont want players getting playing hard d and risking injury. Every team can have an ugly season and the Spurs have way bigger problems with LMA struggling to fit in the system andmore than half the team is ready to retire already.