1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 1/2/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

While Harden is bad at defense unfortunately you picked the play to showcase it. You did however show that Dwight is just as lazy and that's been my point. It's not just one guy. In order for our defense to be this bad it has to be more than half the team that's lazy on D. First Dwight doesn't call pick and then after Harden gets pick Dwight doesn't even bother trying to stop Leonard.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jones -37
    Harden -31

Brewer was ok, some others were ok, just close game until the 3rd, they blew it open and it was not pretty.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, I watched the first half, and things were going decently. Looks like it completely fell off the rails.

Just a bad season. It is what it is.

4. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Look what Harden is doing for guarding P&R. He simply put his two hands on his thighs, rather than stretching up his hands and intervening the dribbling of Leonard.

He didn't inspect where did the pick/Roll would come. So easily getting blocked by Aldridge. normally when Guards are depending Pick/Roll, they look around and analysis where the pick/roll would come, and chose from up or down side to surround the Big Buy. He just got total blocked!!!

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

In the previous game it was -24 Jones, -17 Lawson, with Lawson sharing a lot of minutes with Jones, Lawson was neither good nor bad, he was just the unlucky recipient of Jones, this time the coach tried putting Harden with Jones.

Lineups including Jones are bad because Jones is bad.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Turned it off halfway through the 3rd. I like this team best when I don't watch them. :)

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well there is truth to that, but Harden was also just terrible defensively. Actually it's something he has in common with Lawson and Jones. When you have multiple defensive sieves playing together, it often won't end well.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Aww, you missed KJ and Harrell getting a bit of burn. They didn't look great or anything, but it was nice that they got some playing time.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm done watching them aside from the Cavs game that I have tickets for.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Haven't watched in weeks... It's to sad

1 person likes this.
  11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I just froze my Ballstreams account indefinitely. Should've done it sooner.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Every game right before it starts I start to think this is the game we turn it around. Tonight I did not get that feeling.

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Honestly that's really bad defensive scheming. Dwight should be showing on that one, and the weakside help should be watching Dwight's backside. The jazz ran that stupid play on us for years and we still get burned by it today sigh.

14. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Joe Ingles career night on Monday.

15. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Defense is bad all around.

All the switching has players just leaving their own man to go to another guy without talking.

Doesnt help when the coaching philosophy is to go for steals leaving everyone outta place.

As soon a pick comes we switch, bigs end up at the perimeter and gaurds are getting destroyed on the boards.

Patty Mills and Danny Green only shoot 3s but we are leaving them wide open.

When is the last time they even had a gameplan to take away something?

Make more than 5 passes against HOU defense and they look like they barely made it out of a tornado.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both Kawhi and Green outscored Harden, he could not even score that night

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

Haren selfish AF. Always grabs the closes PF next to him just so someone else would take his guard duty of chasing around smalls. haren prefers to stand and pretend to guard big,. if big scores haren feels no guilt, becaus ebigger guy scored what can he do right. though he willingly takes on bigger guys so he'd have even more excuses not to play D. that lazzy F

18. roksoer

roksoer Member

YFW Ariza has the ball with 3.9 seconds left on the shot clock.
    YFW Someone is posting up TJones.

GO!

19. chandlerbang21

Watch the highlights frommthe game. Green was open way to much when guarded by harden. Jb was in a bad situation because he couldnt put james on leonard or parker. Sad that the "superstar" is such a liability

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Nobody is excused from this train wreck. Rockets culture is just bad and no matter who you bring in, with this coaching staff, our street ball offense and no defense, Harden on the team we will continue to be quitters. It's no coincidence our comeback against LAC was without his lazy ass.