1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 1/14/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

:D:D:D
    do you even play bro?
    not all the 3pt are created the same... they may even be from the same spot of the floor but some of them may be bad shots...

Rox_fan_here likes this.
  2. Rockets4Life13

Way to move the topic of conversation. It's irrelevant whether or not they have the talent.

Lebron is known to be (maybe) the smartest player ever, think he wouldn't tell his team to play moreyball only, if it's so good?

I

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Loved the effort. These guys might lose a lot of games, but it won’t be from a lack of effort. Christian Wood gets every single ounce he can out of his ability, and it’s all from hard work. He’s an awkward and gangly dude, and it ain’t pretty, but that guy grinds and it’s nice to see.

B-Bob and D-rock like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

You know what its fine man, agree to disagre.

ROCK3TM4N and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You and I have a different definition of pretty.

joshuaao, Denovo and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Rockets4Life13

Again, stop insulting, start reading, old fart.

Moreyball =/= using the 3pt line.

Get that in your head.

Amel likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

8. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

It's all good man, we all know you are a HardenOnlyFan. I wouldn't expect anything less from you at this point...

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well lucky for you we have lot of games to test your theory that the juggernaut Rockets of the last few years were taking bad shots vis a vis this crew.

So far so good

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

But Im not though, Im still here man. I'lll be rooting for Brooklyn to lose after this year like everyone else.

ROCK3TM4N and raining threes like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No it's just whatever goal post you move it to Euclid - " I mean the midrange shots that go IN!"

Heard it before.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

One of the most meaningful wins I have seen. Great game. A lot of heart was on display tonight.

B-Bob, Joe Rocket, bro2044 and 10 others like this.
  13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Couple of thoughts:

- Sterling Brown has been great all season. This was clearly his best game, but even before today he's been outplaying Nwaba, Eric Gordon, and others off the bench and has earned more court time.

- The emergence of Tate has made House expendable. Really crafty player with a nice left hand. If he can develop a mid range jumper and consistency near the basket (he misses too many gimmes right now, but that's correctable and will come in time), he'll be in this league a long time.

- KJ Martin has shown enough in this game alone to justify getting him more time on the court. He was clearly the most athletic player on the court, and his ability to finish near the rim was impressive. He has a lot of polish to his game.

- Really like what Cousins brings to the court even when he's not scoring. There is an attitude and confidence to his game.

- I liked when both Cousins and Wood were on the floor at the same time. Hoping we see more of that going forward.

If I'm Silas, my roster for the next couple of games is:

Starters: Wall, Oladipo, House, PJ, Wood. After a PJ trade I would bring Cousins into the starting lineup and shift Wood to PF.
    Bench priority: 1) Tate, 2) Sterling Brown, 3) Gordon, 4) Jones, 5) McLemore, 6) Martin, 7) Nwaba.

Trade deadline players you should probably look to move: PJ (wish we could keep him honestly, but at his age he is going to want to go to a contender and get paid, and I think he's earned as much), House, and Nwaba. Oladipo is a mystery right now and I'm still not sure what the Front Office's rationale is around getting him (maybe they really do see him as a building block for the future?)

Amel, Joe Rocket, Rashmon and 3 others like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

This team is not going to be a top team in the league this season, and I think we all know we're in pseudo-rebuild mode here. But another encouraging feeling from tonights game was the play of the rookies.

The Spurs have been in the middle of the pack for a few years with all of their picks, whereas we havent had a first round pick since 2015 and none of our draft picks over the past decade are actually on the team. They have had the ability to draft first rounders every year, and yet in the game it felt like we had the better group of young talent - Tate, Brown, Martin, and Jones all played well and could be solid players for this team for many years. A team with a strong group of role players who can put up points alongside a stockpile of picks really has the potential to accelerate what was looking like a 5 yr+ rebuild just yesterday.

Uprising, Joe Rocket and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This is not a fluky win. The first team to get 50 rebounds usually wins, the Rockets got 49.

Joe Rocket, Bo6 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

a true leader

Bo6, dragonwill, gatsby and 5 others like this.
  20. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

That be some high praise:

[​IMG]

Tim MacMahon
    @espn_macmahon

Stephen Silas just now: "He's like how Anthony Mason used to be." #greatminds

[​IMG]

Tim MacMahon
    @espn_macmahon
    Jae'Sean Tate gets compared to PJ Tucker a lot because he's a defensive-minded dude with a linebacker frame. But he reminds me a little of Anthony Mason as a strong southpaw playmaking forward.
    7:14 PM · Jan 14, 2021

M
    an, mason, Oakley, Ewing. What a meat grinder that front court was to behold.

Joe Rocket likes this.