1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 2/13/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Now why would I give a damn about a dumb SOF’s opinion?

scurry along

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

There was literally no data in your post...

[​IMG]

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rocket's games scream "youth" and "poor coaching." This is an incompatible combination. Perhaps this is by design, but tanking needs to end soon or it will become a well "established" pattern.

#883 solid, Feb 14, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  4. MystikArkitect

This. Everything is reps and knowledge. Nothing about the Rockets screams "inability". When the team looks like it's trying on defense they actually look competent and the last few games against teams trying to position in the playoffs I hear the other broadcast say "we're in a bigger fight here than we thought" or something of that nature. Missed bunnies, rushed 3s, missed rotations, etc. All fixable and will come with time. Love that Jalen has been reeling back the hero mode ****. Playing more within a structure and less reliant on trying difficult shots. Dont care if he or Jabari miss. I just want to see them take a good shot. Sengun looked pretty bad yesterday and he struggles a LOT against Jokic/Embiid/Nurkic types that don't let him do his post stuff. Hopefully with a real PG next season we can mitigate this some.

This team needs Scoot or Wemby in the absolute worst way.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's interesting namely because the overall state of the Rockets would be very concerning that includes Jabari to the average fan.

6. MystikArkitect

Bingo. If you can't make Jabari work something is really wrong in your organization.

solid likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think it is Stone's design.....and he is letting Silas fall for it.

DD

solid likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A solid post, Solid. The coaching worries me the most. We have a player who doesn't play much, Usman Garuba, who was developed by Real Madrid as a teenager (starting at age 12 in one of the lower leagues) and was getting an increasing role there with their professional team. Even playing in the Olympics. His dream was to play in the NBA.

He barely got to play against the 76ers, but in his 9 minutes grabs 2 offensive boards, has 2 steals, and was 2-3 from the field, hitting his only 3. Right after that trey, late in the game, Silas pulls him back to the bench. Puts in Kaminsky, who had just got fitted for his uniform. As far as I'm concerned, that was a sadistic thing to do to that kid. Those minutes, such as they are, mean everything to those young players.

I can't wait to see the back of Silas as our coach.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

why didn’t Jahlil Okafor, Marvin Bagley, Adam Morrison workout? All top picks.

Jabari will join that list soon .

10. MystikArkitect

Untalented, lazy and irrelevant. He won't. Irrational hatred of a 19 Y.O. kid is really weird.

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

not hate when he just isn’t that guy. Sometimes you draft flops, if we did a re draft… Jabari is in the 18-22 range.

12. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Agreed.
    There's nothing wrong with tanking by playing young players IF you're following a good "pathway" out of it to success!
    If "bad coaching" is part of your tanking equation you're actually hurting and maybe even ruining your initial pieces (players) while waiting to accumulate others!

Nick Saban has said (early on) he doesn't worry about winning as much as he worries about his players practicing and building the skills that he knows will translate into wins down the line.

Bad coaching doesn't teach those skills and even allows incorrect practices to flourish and go unchecked which will NEVER lead to consistent winning down the line!

This is my problem with Silas' Rockets.
    Even when they win it's just Jalen (or KPJ) going off or one of the vets (EG) playing well, not a cohesive offensive or defensive game that can be easily replicated!

But they also need a "Popovich" or a "Spoelstra" just as much if not more!

solid likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Frankly it's kind of amazing that he's so adept at driving to the cup that even though he's a bad 3 point shooter, even though every defense is giving him 10 ft of space he still gets around them on drives. Also he pump fakes like that guy standing in the paint is supposed to jump or something lol

14. TimDuncanDonaut

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

@Clutch?
    We don't have a game thread.

:eek:

WestendMassive likes this.
  16. marky :)

marky :) Member

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Do you want there to be a game thread , or

...is it a better bet for us all just to pretend like whatever happens in OKC in a few minutes just didn't happen?

My parents say "Blue Bloods" is good....

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I prefer a game thread. I'm waiting for the actual game to start on LP, but I'm not adverse to a little Rockets fantasy.

Your parents need to broaden their viewing!

;-)