1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 12/10/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2007.

1. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

I agree with you. It seems YAO losing his cool and no confidence on the team and system. all mental , mental problem

2. drankcity

drankcity Member

and everybody was predicting another 50 point blow out...........so much for that..............what goes around comes around and the rockets got ****ed in the ass by two teams that we should man handling! man this team pisses me off!

3. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

This is what I posted:

Where did I mention a reason for Yao sucking? I specifically mentioned Yao's involvement in the offense in terms of the teams success. You really don't bring anything productive when responding if you resort to labeling.

4. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

The truth hurts?. :D

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I figured you were but there is reason to be frustrated with T-Mac and this team right now.

At one point during the 3rd quarter, I couldn't believe how pathetic the Rockets were playing.

It wasn't just the lack of energy. It was the fact that they looked like they didn't know how to play basketball, individually and as a team. I don't know how a decent team like the Rockets could sink to that level.

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Why do you think he was'nt getting the ball?. because he wasnt even trying to establish position. he was getting pushed off by the 6ers bigs like a rag doll. yao needs to bulldoze hes way. you're 7-6 300 pounds, use some force.

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

It's called being overrated. you have two washedup players in francis and james. you have two borderline supposed superstars who have the mental strength of a bunch of chimps and another group of scrubs.

This team is OVERRATED.

8. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

This Rockets team cannot blow anyone out. That includes a girl's high school basketball team. Yao will still be shooting fadeaways against a 5' 0" girl. TMac would be chucking from 30'. And the girls would outhussle the Rockets down the court for easy layups.

9. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

yeah man i feel you ive been let down too many times sometimes you just got to laugh because do u really think these players are on that plane thinking about this game they are probably thinking what club to go to or what ho*s to hit up u know this team just doesnt care since the beginning i new adleman was a horrible hire but anyways to quote r. wallace "BOTH TEAMS PLAYED GREAT" im out

10. BrooksBall

Maybe, but no team should play as poorly as the Rockets did for 3 quarters tonight, not even the worst team in the league.

11. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Why do I think that Yao has managed to piss off his teammates with his recent comments? One play stood out. Right before the half, Bonzi had a wide open Yao under the basket and instead of a quick pass, he penetrated and lost the ball off his own foot.

I think this team is in a state of chaos and sadly we don't have a leader type who can get this team back on track. Yes, we need to make some personnel changes fast or this season is just going to get worse.

12. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

You know why our offense doesn't work? Bc T-mac is lazy and stands around until the ball gets to him, and when the ball gets to him, everyone stands around. He's even lazy on defense, stands around. Hardly any hustle. But, of course he is too good of a player to hustle, its not his job..right...Yao may appear lazy but he is just physically limited. I would prefer to get rid of T-mac this year especially since yao's contract is much better than t-macs(if im not mistaken). Especially now since we can see which are the weak teams and get a good lottery pick plus promising players plus our own picks. See how that works with Yao, and if that doesn't work, trade Yao as well. I would prefer to have 1 big time player to draw attention. But if need be, just rebuild with young guys and make other trades for proven winners that aren't necessarily the best talent but have great heart.

If you want a quick fix, trade for Kobe. But, of course now that they are winning, who knows if they or kobe will accept a trade. IMO, kobe would jump on board for the chance to play with yao. No one has ever been untradeble to me since Hakeem, i just want what is best for our city's pro basketball team. I want championships even if the team is filled with flopping, crazy, psychotic , gang bangers.

13. Glacier

Glacier Member

I agree that our two "star players" suck. But I blame more on Adelman's cluelessness. In offensive end, he doesn't know how to deal with Yao's slow pace and lack of a decent PG. Defensively, he's a rookie while JVG is a master.
    Adelman is just not a suitable coach for current Rocket team. I can't imagine that Rockets would be this bad if JVG stayed in Houston.

Maybe we should be more patient since we have a new coach, new players and a new system. But it's painful to see the team you fan is losing in an extremely ugly fashion!

:(

14. kwng

kwng Member

I don't think it's his cool. He is always cool. He is not focusing I think. It's a mental thing. Rockets need to hire a professional in psychology and motivation to fire these guys up. Another possible reason is that he is unable to thoroughly follow Adelman offense hence disrupting his confidence which affected his shots. PERHAPS THESE GUYS ARE NOT ABLE TO EFFECTIVELY LEARN ADELMAN OFFENSE AND THUS THE LOSS IN CONFIDENCE. ADELMAN
    ALSO DID NOT FOCUS ON DEFENSE. HENCE, A LACK OF CONFIDENT AND DISARRAY ROCKETS.

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Thats why i would trade mcgrady for a inferior talent like iverson. atleast AI would steppup if he sees hes teammates are spiraling out of control he would stepuup to the plate. yao and tracy would just be content.

16. BrooksBall

I don't know if that was meant to be a joke but it was hilarious.

I definitely agree that, as a Rockets fan, I just want to see a true championship-caliber team, regardless of what players it takes to get to that level.

17. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Adelman. Why under JVG Yao had no problem establishing position in the post yet with Adelman he is often at the high post or rolling out of the paint after he passes out? Why is there no repost? Why is tracy chucking more than usual? I saw a play in Toronto where Yao had humphries pinned on his back in the post and was motioned by McGrady to move out. So many questions and I only come up with one answer. Adelman allows it.

18. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

None of your posts make sense. You are claming that Mcgrady and Yao suck, and we should trade mcgrady for another guard. Mental fruicake? This whole situation is obviously the coaches fault. We have the opposite problem from last year. Last year, we had good team chemistry, but lacked a bench and supporting cast. This year, we have horrible team chemistry. McGrady showed that he can be a great team player last year, and obviously there is something that isn't letting him do that.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

those who want to trade Yao just dont know about basketball....im not chinese. im not a YOF. Im just smart enough to know that you need a big man to even be taken seriously in this league

20. BrooksBall

I think that is a solid argument and the Nets are a perfect example.