1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 12/10/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

I missed Rafer, both defensively and in running the offense. Anyone else feel the same way?

2. moo

moo Member

I don't know if you guys heard it when Matt said the bench players seemed to be running the ball much more smoothly with T-Mac out of the game. He also questioned earlier whether he was really hurt until they saw the replay of him twisting his ankle. I've always thought Matt is a nice guy and a good analysist and I think he made the right call this time too.

What I think is the Rockets major problem this season is that TMac can't work in RA's system. Admittedly he's a hell of an individual player and his scoring abilities is second to none in the league(bar maybe Kobe.). BUT, he's not suitable to play in a system which places teamwork above individual performances. Sure he can pass the ball very well but he just doesn't quite get the spirit of the system which requires you always have the team and the win on your mind.

We all blame JVG for his stagnant offense, but it could just have been that he was trying to make the best of what he had to work with. That type of offense suited TMac and Yao best.

I don't know exactly where this team is going right now but I sense there's a big trade waiting to happen soon. I just hope things work out as soon as possible and we can at least make it to the playoffs. :(

3. Winrockets

Winrockets Member

Can I call him a quitter? :(

4. Fuse

Fuse Member

Yao deserves his fair share of the blame, but on the flip side, that doesn't excuse T-mac for his behavior either just because things aren't going his way. It's not the first time T-mac has either been nonchalant or lacksidasical when we lose. He just flat out quit this time, and there is no excuse for that.

Sometimes, being unselfish doesn't mean passing the ball to other people just so that you're not the one to take the blame. I think the mental toughness to be able to carry your team and be held accountable for your team's fortunes is also a way to be unselfish.

5. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Adelman has set a bad precedent in turning this offense too Tracy centric. There is no balance. There is no purpose in getting Yao the ball like under JVG and he is too frequently forgotten. I mean he only had two shot attempts after the first quarter! Had only five shot attempts in the first half in Toronto! Yao used to put the opposing player in foul trouble. Were 22 games into the season and it has not happened yet. Adelman's undisciplined system bails out the other team.

6. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

can someone please dig up the Random Trade Thread again?

7. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

there is no positive side when you have such bad loss.
    How do you know Sixers just relax and let ROX bench had a run, meaningless, 30 points lead...

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Yao=7-6 layups missing stiff. 3-11 from the field. enough said.

McGrady=A soft imposter. starts the game on fire then reverts to hes laid back passive self. its travesty for tracy to have that much talent and no drive. ure 5-5 in the first quarter and you stop being aggressive?. you fruit cacke.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

If Rafer makes that much difference this team really is sorry. I believe that he is not the issue at all. You could see this coming before he got hurt. This team is in trouble with a capital "T." AND they are about to play three of the top teams in the league. How does 11-14 sound to you? Past time for a major summit in Rocketland.

10. Sextuple Double

.......so I'm going to espn.com to check the box score thinking we should be coming out of halftime by now kicking their asses all over the court, and WTF do I see!!?? The game started at 7 and we got our asses handed to us by the pu pu platter of the East. WTF happened!!??

11. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

T-Mac is a twat.

12. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Either adelman or T-Mac should go!

13. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Me too!

but some fans say "we want Francis", so what's the next chant?

"we want James" or

"we want Head"?

14. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

hilltopper can we please get the post-game interviews??

15. Fuse

Fuse Member

He sure can make hollywood passes, but in doing so he disrupts the flow of the offense.

You also make a good point about JVG, but there is no denying that he was incredibly lacking in terms of flexibility on the offensive side of the ball.

16. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT THIS YEARS TEAM IS WE MIGHT HAVE ANOTHER DRAFT PARTY AT THE TOYOTA CENTER WITH DOLLAR HOTDOGS COME ON DERRICK ROSE :eek: :eek: :eek:

17. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

You YOF have every excuse. Yao had more shots then mcgrady. he sucked tonight. 3-11 vfrom the field. atleast tracy went 5-8. despite being just as pathetic as yao.

18. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

Morey refused to answer any questions and left the locker room

Something BIG will happen!!!!!!!!!!

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

or yao.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lObRhoWcqaw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lObRhoWcqaw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>