1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 11/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

im just playing devils advocate. The first two plays weren't good, but it happens, people score on drives LOL. Alot of his shots had nothing to do with Lin at all, and the ones on Lin were either contested well or picked off by the sixers. Lin still put in the ******* effort.

2. ILoveWhiteGirls

Sonofagun, this game was both exciting and a nightmare at the same time. But we need to learn how to close these scrub teams out!!!!

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Leave up to the Rockets to F up a great offensive performance by Lin and a dominate defensive outing by Howard. Jones also had a good all around game. Looks like that 4 position is on lock. But we know Mchale, LOL dude make a few mistakes and back to the bench.

4. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

I think given how Lin struggled a bit with his defense last night, fans need to ease up on Harden a bit. When he puts no effort in, he deserves to be slammed. However, if he puts in effort but just doesn't do a good job, he should get some slack. It's not easy being the primary option on offense AND running around on defense. Especially when you're playing 40+ minutes a game.

5. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I am upset we haven't played a real good game yet, but I am not too worried. Not that I am saying we are the heat, but weren't the 9-7 or around 500 when they does got together? On top of all that Lin, Harden, and basically parsons are in their 2nd season as starters.

I wish we could at least look like we had more initiative on offense rather than so much ISO, but I am confident we will get it together.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Its amazing how no name mutha jokers have career nights against us. Anderson won't perform like that again for the rest of the year. Watch and see..LOL

7. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

I like Mchale but the way he's coaching this team is sub par ridiculous,doesn't know how to use his fouls when needed and doesn't know how to draw plays in crunch time,he was out coach by a rookie nba coach for Christ sake!Our team is actually deep but we need a coach that can maximize their talents,this is a long gruesome 82 games.Now we know that we have two premier scorers but we need also an assistant defensive coach that can device a defensive plan the whole night.Dwight need to accept his limitations,he is not a premier post up player he's moves were flat footed he made Hawes like an elite defensive center.

8. qiankun

qiankun Contributing Member

He should be able to do that on a daily basis now since he is playing for Yao's team in China :cool:

9. ILoveWhiteGirls

Why did we get rid of wafer? I bet he could hold down anderson.

10. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Locker-room cancer. Poor defense. Pissed off Adelman and got into his doghouse.

#3350 TheBornLoser, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  11. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

I agree with you totally. Just sad.

12. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Only reason CP ever sniffed the hardwood his rookie year was because of his defense.

WTF happened?

13. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

Mcfail should be fired before things get worse...by worse, I mean before his foolishness makes Our starters injured, now harden is down, maybe Lin is the next...we could have won this game before regulation easily as exactly what u said!!!!
    Mchale's incapabllity put the whole team in danger...and his insistence on the 8 to 9 rotation is a ridiculous joke to me now!!!

14. landryfans

landryfans Member

I dont think so, I watched the whole game, never saw any play Lin was lack of effort or awareness on Defense.

You cant say that to Harden,

15. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

sad to say but if Harden was out there, Anderson might have gotten 50

16. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

I think as long as Harden shows effort - effective or not, we should try to understand a bit. Not say we shouldn't hold him accountable though. Just maybe give him a little slack. However, recently he put in ZERO effort into defense. And that's definitely a problem. The dude didn't even try.

17. meteor0love

meteor0love Member

Agreed. However, the difference is JLin actually admit that he played crappy defense and that he will make it up against the NYK.

Anyway, i hope the rockets win tonight.

Btw, the ball movement was easy on the eyes from last night's game.

18. meteor0love

meteor0love Member

JH could be top 5 if he has those qualities.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Jeff Van Gundy part 2.