1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 11/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2013.

1. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

indeed. Which is why McHale drew up plays for Parsons and Garcia to end regulation and OT. :rolleyes:

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Personal opinion.....he's been the closer all his life (including some games at the NBA level) and have delivered. Not sure what you are talking about. Obviously, the landscape changes when you have two max players on your team....they may not be the best but are paid to do that plain and simple.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Beverley was the one who slowed him down.

4. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

You do know Beverley is smaller than Lin and still plays hard on defense. Wroten is a slightly better player than Anderson and they are both around the same height. Thats why Beverley played him for most of the game. The only reason Anderson is starting is because they do not have a real SG on their roster.

5. nodomo

nodomo New Member

McHale is a horrible coach. They always preach to players to not make the same mistakes twice. Tonight, McHale made the same mistake again.

Against the Raptors, McHale allowed Rudy Gay to shoot the 3 to tie the game instead of fouling to give up only 2 FTs. McHale said the decision was because he felt the Raptors were shooting poorly all game so he took a chance. It almost backfired and cost them the game.

Tonight, the same situation happened and McHale made the same mistake again by allowing Anderson to shoot the 3 to tie the game. We all know Anderson was hot as heck, so why not foul to give up two FTs but preserve the lead and the ball?

6. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Thought I feel awful about the loss this game goes to show a lot of our offensive woes were primarily due to the Twin Tower line up. It just kept getting us off rhythm I would say. Once James comes back I'm sure things can be tweaked and the rockets will go back to being more like the team we remember from last year.

7. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

so what? he's james anderson, got waived and was avging 7 pts a game. he has no business dropping 36 on 85% shooting, like thats an MJ scoring game

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

How is the 185lb 6 foot 1 Bev not a mismatch for the 205lb 6 foot 6 Wroten?

9. klutch sidy

klutch sidy Member

Does anyone think we maybe need to slow the game down? I think we go up and down the court so often that we just take some possessions for granted. i think trying to outscore the other team is a horrible game plan with only one player is hitting 3's and the rest are just chucking shots cold.

Just my opinion

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Guys noticed something different tonight? Without the TT lineup, Houston did not have to play catch up basketball...sucks it was still a loss though.

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

This is not two years ago with the Knicks. Look I like the guy and think he has talent, he is just not a closer. Few guys in the NBA are. It's not a knock against him. It's a attitude that those players have.

12. New

Emm... Then you are right if we just count the average. Both Miami and Dallas almost qualify as 9 if you do not count a player's absence from the game due to injury.

In our case, only Cassipi, Garcia and Lin has quality minutes. We have a sharp drop at the minutes played between the 8th player and the 9th. (from 22.6 to 12.2. For the other team, the gap is much smaller.

13. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Especially, in the beginning of the fourth with the 10 point lead....

14. New

Bev was doing a OK defense job, definitely below his normal level. Philly just got hot.

BTW: I am still scratching my head to understand why they are doing well so far in this season.... Anyone want to share their insights?

15. Calamity.12

Calamity.12 Member

Ugh, this loss hurts so much I can't sleep.

I honestly don't know if we can single players out for blame on this one, there were more than enough bone-headed plays to go around.

My thoughts overall

- We can't do a 7 man rotation the next time someone is out. The level of fatigue for our starters is just ridiculous

- Our defense is not a problem isolated to a player or even set of players. It's stunning how pervasive this issue is and the complete lack of defense was pretty much the only reason this game was close. I don't have high hopes on this improving dramatically over this season. Does anyone know why this seemed like less of an issue last year?

- Is this our final rotation (i.e. starters, key bench guys?). We need some sense of familiarity and I feel like we essentially have these guys playing pick up games at this point.

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

He scored 34 but gave up 36.
    He had 12 assists but 8 turnovers.
    And his team gave up a 10 point 4th quarter lead during which he was largely ineffective, ending in an embarrassing loss.

That does NOT add up to a fantastic game to me.

17. New

I think that is the time when you we Harden.... Unfortunately he is out.... Harden's ability to force a play is money!

18. bws

bws Member

AB can still do some playmaking. He needed to play in the 4th to give Lin more adequate rest. McHale played Lin too many minutes in the 1st half and certainly didn't give him enough rest in the 4th.

19. Calamity.12

Calamity.12 Member

Also, does anyone remember the discussions about our crazy depth in the preseason... man that did not work out...

20. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

MCW didn't play. Also didn't know Lin was going up against Anderson. Lin performed the exact opposite of my expectation, I thought he would struggle offensively and do better on defense. I was wrong, he turned Anderson into a Rockets killer. I was tweeting this game and my gut feeling early on was that Lin's poor defense was going to contribute to a lose, I just didn't think it would really happen. I'm still stunned we lost to a MCW-less Sixers team. And the incompetence of McHale to show any kind of strategy or draw any play out of timeout is SLOWLY pushing me toward the "fire ******" thread. I always said, we give him too much credit for wins.