1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 11/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

McHale should give it a go as well. Its early in the season, where you want to get a feel for it as well as, for the players as well to feel the pressure and working their chemistry out. We should go deep now, rather than later.

As for the lost, I just dont understand why we need to repeat the same mistake we had towards end of quarter.

We could very well conclude that, we are going to run into similar scenario, many times thru out the season, hence the coaching staffs need to prepare the team during game time situation.

These are young team, and coming into building chemistry. I wont wholly blame on the players alone. The coachingstaff need to prepare them on what to do, how and when. They need to take into consideration hack-a-howard situation.

Players need to know, when to run the clock, playing important defense during the last seconds, when to fault and halt the game. These are game situation where they need to briefed and debriefed over and over again. They need to practice on how to make plays (screens) to open up shots for end of game situation.

In the last two games, when players (garcia, beverly, lin, parson) were taking 3pointers, they were not properly screened, rather making tough shots. Even the last 3pointer from Lin could had been well executed with a screen, since we had time. If I'm not mistaken, there was 2 more seconds after the shot.

These game situations are important to be discussed and practiced.

Kinda sad, we should have nailed this game. Cheers all.

2. rabbyi

rabbyi Member

The only thing I can say is LIN did great job tonight , and 76ers got luck

3. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

you do know Lin is much smaller than Anderson.

4. ILoveWhiteGirls

Jeremy Lin is just another:

[​IMG]

5. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

Its okay, atleast Lin did, he said, he didnt play defense well today. Tomorrow will come out and play better.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, on the one hand, I can't believe we lost to such a crappy team. On the other hand, after being a Rockets fan my whole life, it doesn't surprise me at all that we played down to the level of competition and collapsed down the stretch like we always do.

Was unable to watch the game due to a test and a date, but I certainly won't be watching it on DVR. Looks like Lin had a great game, as did Dwight. Parsons seemed to play well. Garcia sucked apparently.

I guess the story was same as usual: no defense. Our coaching staff sucks man this defense is embarrassing.

It seems like we started to miss Harden's scoring in the 4th. Hope he plays next game.

7. New

Watch his postgame interviews. He does not give out a consistent message. What he is saying during postgame is different from what he is doing on the court. He complains about ball being sticky while doing nothing about it on the court. He needs to bench the player whoever is not following his plan, even that man is Harden (who frankly has not earned a superstar status yet). That's called discipline.

While I hope Mchale proves me wrong, but right now I have near-zero confidence of him leading us to CONTEND.

8. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

No they don't.

9. lfw

lfw Rookie

Bev had 9 rebounds and 5 assists. You had them switched around.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think he does:eek:

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

She deserved the win.

12. New

You are changing the concept. The coach should know better than to play his only player maker 40+ minutes.

I for one do not expect either him or Harden to play good defense if we play them 43+ minutes in the regular time.

I have been complaining Mchale's management of players' minutes since the middle of last season.

13. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Lin is not a closer. Sorry. Been playing well lately just not the type of guy to close out a game. And I don't wanna hear "he was tired"... Gotta suck it up and get it done.

No worries though. Still early in the season and looks like T Jones is holding it down at the PF spot. Let's get Harden back and see how it looks.

14. fchowd0311

Who's you people?

15. Nook

Nook Member

Where do you cut off rotation minutes? 20? I usually view 20 minutes as a rotation player. I would have to check but not sure Miami and/or Dallas qualify.

16. fchowd0311

would hit??

17. Cloudx9

Cloudx9 Member

Hey Van Exel was an all star.

18. fchowd0311

Go find Lin's TS% in the final 5 minutes of a game. Also watch tape of his stint with the Knicks.

19. lfw

lfw Rookie

Make sure you bob and weave to get inside.

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Play07
    prediction

jones starts get double double and 2+ blocks, Lin plays 30+ mins goes for 25-30pts

knicks – jones another double double 2+ blocks, lin builds off his confidence from last game in philly drops 30+ in MSG on TNT we beat knicks bad, media goes back in linsanity mode and clutchfans site crashes temporary after the game.

<---- like I said before tip off, just wasn't expecting a L tho, u still there ?