1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 11/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

How is nobody blaming Parsons, Dwight and garcia? Oh wait team lost so it must be Lin

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Panic. Panic. PANIC!
    Haha. This team is terrible right now. Don't see a quick fix.
    Don't be fooled by stats. Dwight is grabbing boards but his inability to hit free throws (exception tonight) and his lack of go-to move is not what we were hoping for when we committed 22 mil a year for this guy.
    If Terrence jones is getting double doubles for us then we're playing him too much cuz we can't be a contender and have him facing off against Randolph and Duncan and griffin and lee and dirk and you get the point.
    Some members have seriously overrated our players but it's becoming evident than parsons isn't as great as we thought he was. I remember last year seeing people saying Asik+ parsons is better than having bosh in a trade.
    Having said that I still think Asik will get traded for someone, and we will get a bottom 3 seed and lose in the first round.
    /rant

3. yummyhawtsauce

No down screens to free lin up either, really telling that he was not going to get the ball.

4. areyouserious

areyouserious Member

He can hedge to give his guards a bit of time to recover, then run back to his man. This team needs to watch tape from good defensive teams to see how to defend the p&r.

5. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Did you watch the game? James was hot and in the zone. Nobody can stop him. I don't think the game was lost due to James hot shooting. It is largely due to bad coaching.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Had a foul to give, we take time off the clock and give them FTs...and Bev is hitting what % of his FTs again?

Playing the FT game is much better than giving them a shot at a 3 pointer to tie the game.

7. DocRock

DocRock Member

Not in the 3rd week of an 82 game season, in the first game of a back to back, coming off a double overtime with the entire team suffering from the flu and their star out with injury.

8. figment

figment Member

Not sure if srs

Harden didn't play tonight.

9. Remii

Remii Member

And zero turnovers... Anderson only scored over double digits twice before this game (11, 13) but then goes off for 36 like Jordan against the Rockets. I know he's a lil taller than Jermey but 36....

10. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

Parsons pathetic regular time end game will not earn him big bucks, ditto with his pass to a fallen Jones outside the line. shaqtin a fool boiiii lol

11. Reach

Reach Member

You're the worst kind of Lin fan there is. Absolutely the worst. Bashing on every single Rockets player outside of Lin while crying foul whenever your boy is criticized. Get off this site and go to jeremylin.net, you'll find lots of people like yourself there.

1 person likes this.
  12. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

How is reducing Harden's minutes relevant to saving energy to play at both ends? That doesn't make any sense to me, Harden's lack of effort on the defensive end doesn't result from lack of energy or too many minutes played, it's a mental issue, he just refuses to play D cause he needs to man up on offense.

13. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Plus, his crazy experiment on TT and PB starting. Totally unnecessary and killed whatever chemistry we had last season.

14. steady

steady Member

That's what I see too.

15. Nook

Nook Member

He doesn't trust him? He played 50 minutes tonight.

16. LoLin

LoLin Member

What do you want Lin to do? He's already putting his hand in Anderson's face when he took the jumpers. Just give Anderson the credit he deserves and let's move on.

17. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

I still feel good about the Rockets this season with Howard Harden and Lin playing so great the others just need to step up their games. I have no doubt Parsons, Cisco, Casspi and Asik will get it 2gether. We will win A championship this year has been funky with TT experiment injuries and illness

18. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

First time i ever saw a scrub score a triple double.

19. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Harden/Lin Backcourt. Mchale you must make this work.

20. lid1013

lid1013 Member

Honestly...I doubt he ever has another 30 pt game for the rest of his game. Gotta give it to em though. He couldn't miss tonight.