1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 1/21/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I won't even be able to stomach that game. I'd rather get my tooth drilled with no Novocaine than watch that smug bunch of jerks and their arrogance. Nope, I won't watch it.

lw17 likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Problem with that is that(well I guess at that point it didnt matter but whatever) Gary causes bad spacing, no one respects his jumper at all and if they even remotely do, he cant put it on the floor. Tucker at center gives us our best offensive boost...cause we are clearly inept defensively.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not saying Harden doesnt care about scoring, but if you think he cares about it at the expense of the team, you are completely wrong.

4. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

There’s a lot of names in here that I don’t usually see..........hmmmmm and from like years ago..... have you guys been trolling the team for years? Just waiting on a bad game to pounce lol.... that’s funny..... sad but still funny tho

Remlap and J.R. like this.
  5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

A double team on Embid would have been nice tonight.

lw17 and jboslett like this.
  6. T-Mac+921

T-Mac+921 Member

Ok. I'll live with a wide open missed shot. At least I know he's putting us in a position to win. When he's forcing things with 2 guys on him. I know we're not gonna win.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL! and when CP3 comes back we will still have 5 midgets against the bigs, cause that's how MDA rolls.

8. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

@T-Mac+921

Your Skip Bayless hot take on Harden and his passing/getting others involved is Darwin level award winning stupidity. Again leave, it's best for us all.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

That's what I am talking about. Throwing the defense away whatsoever, when in fact we are losing on that side. Defensively, Clark, Faried and Nene might be able to hold down a few possessions to give us a chance to sink a few threes. Anyways, it went ugly too quickly to my liking.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

@tinman @Zboy Please take care of this t-mac fan.

Tracy McGrady fans are the worst.

PS Tracy McGrady is a loser. Neither Tracy nor his fans should tell James Harden how to play basketball.

lw17, hakeem94, adw and 9 others like this.
  11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

if Harden had that selfish gene that Kobe produced, Harden would probably score 95 points a night.

Harden's greatness just looks selfish compared to his teammates.

lw17 likes this.
  12. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

The truth is i have never seen harden this phased.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well he doesn't really have any comptent bigs outside of Capela. nene is too old, we just got faried (but he's undersized) and harenstein/chriss (garbage/inexperienced)

The roster is really limiting MDA to change up his strat.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'd rather Harden heave a contested 3 over two defenders then see another brick laid by Tucker/Green/Ennis/Rivers, to be quite honest. At least with Harden, you know it has a chance of going in.

15. T-Mac+921

T-Mac+921 Member

I do think he cares about it to the detriment of the team. It also helps that he has the excuse of injuries. Just wait till the injured guys come back and Harden struggles adjusting because he still wants sexy numbers.

16. JW86

JW86 Member

What happened to the days when Morey was able to get great players around Yao and Tracy?

BasketMAD likes this.
  17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

What we are seeing out of harden is the same situation that MDA faced when he coached Steve Nash in Phoenix almost 15 years ago.

The only problem with people on this forum is mostly everybody too young to remember the failures of Phoenix suns' small ball with Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, and Amar'e stoudamire. Nash was put up crazy numbers, time after time but his role players fizzed out late in the games, and teams like San antonio would out rebound the suns.

lw17 likes this.
  18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Rockets other than Harden tonight: 5 of 29 from 3. What's our season 3-point shooting average, outside of Harden? Anybody know?

Remlap, hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

Oh I remember those days. Although they had much better role players than we do.

20. T-Mac+921

T-Mac+921 Member

In fact Harden is just like Kobe. Just doesn't have his tenacity.