1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 1/21/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

No, you're right, but..idk we are one year(lol give or take) removed from a WCF game 7, he's not gonna be super trusting to any rookies/young players.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Times like that I miss Beverley!

lw17, hakeem94, shvedsucks and 5 others like this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Good news is not to many teams have a future hall of fame big(if stays healthy n on this pace) so we still good

lw17 and s3ts like this.
  4. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Hmmm, so what's more sustainable: hoping to shoot 40% from 3 every game or hustling your lazy, overpaid ass for rebounds?

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

I see it from the defensive end, they got inside on us shooting over us at will. Those pocket in between shots were too easy for them to get. Our guys had to rush to make up the deficit. It’s not like the sixers got lucky, we just couldn’t stop them no matter what. So that’s the small ball effect. The tipping point for me is that D’Antoni instead doubling down on this BS. All we did from that point is praying for homerun. Yeah, there are things to talk about besides oh well bad game happens to any team on any given night.

6. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Old-ass Chris Paul is just there sitting with his iPad and laughing with opponent players..,

lw17, ak99999 and s3ts like this.
  7. SORF

SORF Member

Watching GSW/Lakers. We have one all star playing for us right now with mostly scrub players. Our other two starters are barely hitting. And GSW has a starting five of All-stars...sheesh. Harden deserves better than what he is playing with.

We will continue to lose until we get some bigs that can defend the rim or shoot in the paint.

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets have 6 NBA-level players on the active roster right now, and only three NBA starter-quality players. Morey needs to get the House situation resolved and make a trade or two.

ak99999 likes this.
  9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

1. Give Clark more playing time. Clark wont make stupid mistakes like Ennis.

2. Embiid was destroying us in the post, and MDA played 5 midgets against? Lmao

3. MDA never call timeout even Harden too tired to walk. We only got 2pts in 5 mins, sorry no timeout.

Yes we are shorthanded, but its not saying you can be stupid like this.

lw17, ak99999 and deb4rockets like this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I understand that in the playoffs .

But the regular season is so long .... and we are so injured lol .

I think most other coaches would have used this "opportunity" of Clint being out to give good minutes to the young 7 footer you just signed and who has looked serviceable at times this season .

MDA bucks the trend and goes small / a few minutes of nene to try and get us through games . Obviously we had farried tonight so we used him .

Im cool with playing farried . He's got the potential to play like Harrell for us . But it's kinda sad hartenstein didn't really get a chance , especially since I think he's played OK

lw17 and HP3 like this.
  11. T-Mac+921

T-Mac+921 Member

Yeah I watched the whole game. I also watched Harden push the ball a few times in the first half with teammates open ahead of him but he didn't pass it.
    Had PJ wide open for a couple of 3s and didn't pass it. Was getting double teamed like crazy , instead of making the Hockey pass he's trying to beat the double team over and over and over

It's obvious most of this forum only care about Hardens numbers and him winning MVP. I could care less if it means us losing.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmm, but how is that Dantoni''s fault? Our roster is paper thin right now with Clint being our only reliable big man. We have no one else. But I feel more of what your talking about is more of a perimeter defending issue which I definitely agree with. Honestly though, i feel this is more about roster construction than scheme tbh.

DVauthrin and s3ts like this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Once they got up on us by 30 I thought about how happy and excited I got on our last nail biting adrenaline rush game, and how different I felt tonight. Watching that game to the end was about as much fun as going to the dentist.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

You can’t coach effort, and we play with it on most nights. Game just got out of reach and the refs definitely weren’t doing us any favors. We are undermanned right now, but we’ll be alright once we get our heavy hitters back. We are a lot more reliant on the 3 ball with our depth depleted, so we have to hope for good shooting nights from at least EG and 1 other player every game.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

1. Gary cant make a shot, would have made the doubles worse.
    2. We have no one else ...god your so.....\
    3 .......
    LOL did you see what happend when Harden did defer, everyone was horrible outside of Harden and no that's not Harden icing his teammates, that's Harden trying to win the game cause no one else can make a play.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Not saying it's coach's fault. He does have options though, for example he could have put in Clark or Faried earlier, but he didn't. I agreed with Coach that Nene was bad defensively against Embiid. But what about stick Clark and maybe Faried in at the same time. Why the heck we have Tucker as the center. I feel you are dismissing stuff too easy.

17. T-Mac+921

T-Mac+921 Member

Yo most of you people know squat about basketball for real. Only losers stop passing the ball to wide open teammates cause they missed some shots.

Cause Harden never misses or shoot 3/19

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

okay let me try to see if i can counter your solutions

1. Problem with this one is Clark can't shoot, like at all. U will probably rage about this move, but then again everyone was bricking this game.

2. Like i mention a bunch of times, we have ole man nene, garbage ass chriss, and undersized Faried. MDA's choice is pretty limited on who he can send out, ole man nene and undersized faried not gonna do much against Embid (a massive center). Granted small ball did jack sht, I honestly don't think our bigs will do much

3. I agree, MDA being late for calling timeout is a bad thing. Honestly should have called earlier time outs to stop the momentum. It also didn't help that the refs were pretty one sided.

It's hard to fault MDA beside not having good time outs, his roster is pretty shtty. I don't think even Popovich could do much with this roster.

We have too many streaky players, too many injured players, and too many useless players. Kinda sad to see Harden stuck with this group.

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Ugh, that really is a sore spot for me. Mr. 40 million dollar man.

lw17, BasketMAD and BigShasta like this.
  20. T-Mac+921

T-Mac+921 Member