1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 1/15/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2024.

1. SamsonCorletwo

I always keep being patient on Jalen but I am not surprised if he go to the other team in the next twenty days

2. Strawberry Gum

He just spasms like a flying carpet and gets all the calls he wants. You don't have to be in shape to play like that.

plegus likes this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Worst commentary team

Deckard likes this.
  4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Calvin Murphy look like he wants to jump off a bridge.

maypk likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

Awful game. Missed 3 threes in a row to start the game yet managed to take the lead 17-15. It was all downhill from there. Alpi's been a walking turnover but if you replay them again you'll see them giving more contact than what Tate was giving Embiid aka the foul mercenary. The best flop was Jabari just casually putting the ball in front of him in a drive and Bev steps into the ball with his chest. Ese goes back 5ft. Offensive foul on Jabari. Apparently the basketball weighs as much as a 40lb kettlebell.

No excuses just amused.

6. Jags

Jags Member

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Rockets are lucky to be within 19. Without so many TOs they could be within 10 but they look rattled, especially Alpi. He's gotta start cooking.

I'm sorry JG lovers, but he was complete dog meat in the 1st half. He'll get 7-8 mins in Q3 to turn it around and if he doesn't, Udoka should sit him the rest of the game.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  8. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pablo is surrounded by better talent and used at a higher rate (higher option) … Poole looked like an All Star with warriors pre-Draymond punch …

We have kids that still growing into their bodies and sharping skills …24-26 is when I expect to see true results

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Jalen has two points? Lol

10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

send a message ime. bench jalen to start the 2nd half. he is playing like a sorry replacement level player for basically this entire season.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The water’s cold! What is Jalen Green doing? We desperately need some offense, which is supposed to be his bag, and the guy has 2 points. Two! I’m not happy with the guy.

12. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

You don’t draft a guy in the top 4 and hope to see results 5-7 years later. That’s actually ridiculous. You draft projects in late first or second round with that mindset. I mean, can you tell me the dudes who were drafted top 4 recently that weren’t expected to contribute right away?

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Jalen better turn it around soon or he will be coming off the bench at best. Cam is ready. I think they are just worried about his ego and afraid he won’t concentrate on team defense if he starts.

14. MystikArkitect

Overperforming.

jim1961 likes this.
  15. plegus

plegus Member

What I do not understand is, he does not need to be a foul merchant. He is too skilled unlike Giannis.

Roomba likes this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

It's kind of expected. Can beat the bad teams at home, lose to the good / middle teams on the road. Take whatever learning experience team can get.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Craig standing on the third step to see eye to eye with Hollins

plegus and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Ime ****ed up putting Tate on Embiid.

What exactly did he expect to happen in that matchup?

Jabari had some nice moments, but when he was guarded by small players for a bunch of possessions and didnt even attempt to take advantage.

Sengun just having an off game but he was playing scared early and i think thats why Ime took him out. He b****ed up. Also, been saying it since pre draft but hes got to at least be a dependable mid range shooter. Embiid isnt even guarding him outside of the paint.

Jalen is just not a good player and ive been done with him. Im not surprised at any of the shitty things he does at this point.

If it was up to me id bench him and just start Cam. The team will benefit more from having Cam go through growing pains than to keep investing in Jalen.

Crashlanded19 and clutchdabear like this.
  19. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Jalen starting is disappointing. what happened to accountability?

jim1961 likes this.
  20. Sengun

Sengun Member

Houston Rockets need more solid shooters and bench players.

[​IMG]