1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 3/6/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 6, 2016.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Rockets are vilians of the league and are despised no matter what. I like being the vilians an itwill be nice to get a Chip.:grin:

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden only became a villian after he teamed with Dwight. People hate Dwight Howard.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden became a villain when he was traded to Houston it's not Dwight's fault. From jump no one thought he was a first option. Even before Dwight, when people realized a lot of his game revolved around the ft line, they said he gets there too much despite KD, Wade and some other players getting to the line more in that particular year. (just one example)

The hate for Houston goes back to the Championship agasint New York. A lot of the Houston players haven't been given their due; Hakeem and Yao chief among them.

Rudy Tomjanovich still not in the Hall of fame.

4. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Or maybe because he draw most fouls than anyone in the NBA

5. rockets13champs

i looked at the rockets wins and losses and 16 of those losses we lost at the end of the game because of bad coaching or terrible plays down the stretch. Now just imagine if we won those 16 games if we just made one more defensive stop or JB made the right play call. 47 wins would put us 3rd and we wouldnt be sitting here this depressed.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No one cared about his fouls until Dwight got here. The media did not hate Houston until Dwight got here.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Westbrook gets to the line and everybody loves his ninja turtle looking ass

8. Drogba

Drogba Member

Exactly, no one had a problem with his ability to draw fouls until Dwight's arrival. We were one of the most liked teams in the NBA in his first season here.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Derozan on average gets to the line 1 less time than Harden per game and no one ever ****s on him. He was doing the same thing Harden does to draw fouls in the last game.

10. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Its mostly cause of their personalities.

Harden seems aloof and Howard has that smile on his face at all times.

Makes it seem like they don't care for the game.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The media loved harden and The rockets before Howard got here.

Espn ranked him the 4th best player In the game and Lebron labeled him a superstar.

Fast foward to dwight being on the team and year one its harden sucks a defense and isn't a superstar.

Last year dwights out and it takes till the last 20 games for ppl to start saying harden was a mvp candidate and playing amazing ball even tho he was player of the month in December and January.

This year it's he's not a leader and his teamates don't like him.

I'm sure once dwight is off the team and we start winning again the media will turn around and once againt give him his due.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

This all day

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Capela playing like last year as of late..actually a tad bit better especially on D...maybe being out of the lineup with the injury gave him time to not only rest but calm down. I felt he got hit by a mack truck this year not being accustomed to playing soooo many games night in and night out this year. If he continues to play like he has as of late then obviously that'll be a nice boost off the bench to say the least

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They hated Harden before Dwight. You are remembering wrong. I know You like to blame a lot on Dwight because Harden is your favorite player, but the hate from Harden started the minute he became a Rocket.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Don't generalize me I don't blame anything on Dwight that he is not responsible for, just like Mchale, Just like Brewer, just like Harden. They all get the blame the are responsible for. The first year Harden was here the Rockets were not hated, they were seen as a fast paced fun to watch young and upcoming team. When Dwight got here that narrative changed. It's not so much that I'm blaming Dwight as the fact that I recognize that he gets a ridiculous amount of hate from the entire league for leaving Orlando and LA. Especially Kobe fans HATE Dwight people still really hate Dwight.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This^^^ Houston was not I repeat was not hated before Dwight got here. It's not blame it's the truth.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This.

People forget this...

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People prefer ninja turtles over Arab looking dudes

even more now with the refugee crisis over in Europe

19. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Some insightful analysis on the game by a raptors fan on the raptors subreddit

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/03/08/breaking-raptors-2nd-half-collapse/

1 person likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member