1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pistons 11/30/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2015.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bickerstaff: &quot;We've got to start fighting from the beginning. It's a mindset that we have to get that I don't think we have yet.&quot;</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/671530183946440704">December 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Nook

Nook Member

No... It is a desperate GM and coaching staff..... The key players are not desperate at all.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

Honestly I don't even remember the last time we made a defensive adjustment such as trapping or double teaming someone. We do nothing. We just think the funnel everyone into Dwight is the greatest scheme ever.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

JB needs to have a talk with Texans Bill O'Brian

6. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

Hope we are look at possible trades...

7. Nook

Nook Member

If they don't have it now, they won't.

Bickerstaff is learning what McHale said... You cannot make them play hard.

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

They were a step behind all night. Looks like they both can't play efficiently on back to backs.

9. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I think our sorry excuse of a "defense" is THE biggest problem right now, and that's taking into account how utterly pathetic our shooting is (25th)... We've played 18 games so far and have only held opponents under 100 ONCE!!! That's the season right there folks.

10. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

It all good DM making money in Vegas, so he can pay by himself for new raster.We will be alright after trade line.Right now we in a hole,after that we will be in a s*** wail with no rope. However we have mostly talented bench in entire league.

11. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Damn, this kid Stanley Johnson just hit 3s at the worst possible time for the Rockets. I had several heartbreaks whenever we are on a run, he just hits an unguarded 3!

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So should we start looking forward to Ben Simmons next year?

13. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

If they are not 15-15 at 30 game mark I would say it's time to tank.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The way the Rockets have been playing, it could take the rest of the season to get 15 wins.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

JBB:

Why so many first halves like this one?

It's being prepared to play. We can make all the excuses in the world but for us to muster the energy in the 2nd half, we gotta start that way. We're playing with fire on a nightly basis giving these big leads. We cut it to 5 but you put that much pressure on your O & D, you gotta be perfect from there. We gotta do a better job from the start. We gotta start fighting from the beginning.

Is it all energy and effort?

I believe so. It's a mindset we have to get of desperation. We're sitting at 7-11 early in the season with all our hopes and big picture, the longer you go, they start to dwindle away. We need to understand where we are. We're a desperate basketball team. We're not in a panic but need to play with a sense of urgency. All the little things become that much more important.

Jackson & Drummond?

They have a good, young core. The team is put together well. Give credit to the guys here.

Defensively, some signs of improvement 3-4 games ago. What has changed?

Our group, what we do is tied together. One big problem we have is when we struggle on offense, we struggle on the defensive end too. We miss layups, open looks and that impacts us on defense. We have to be the scrappy team, that no matter what on offense, we figure out how to have an impact on the defensive side. We gotta be better.

Do other teams run off your misses or guys hanging their heads?

That's what happens. When teams miss layups, teams have high success rate on the other end of the floor. ... We play a certain style we believe works and has worked in the past. We'll continue to play that way, we'll continue to be aggressive in getting in the paint, we gotta be stronger finishing and things will change for us.

Progress for D-Mo?

He's moving in the right direction. He has a doctor appointment late this week. From there, if everything is clean, he'll start practicing with contact and be able to play when he's ready.

16. ibm

ibm Member

i was angry when we were trailing big. and then i calmed down. now after the game i find myself not even feeling frustrated much.

does this mean as a fan i've come to accept defeat for the season?

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Haha. I honestly think they will keep trying to get it together & will go on a win streak etc. Come short of the playoffs.

The only way a 15-20 win season happens is if Harden goes down or they just want to rest him on some bs injury (ala Carmelo style)

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I keep hoping they realize what's wrong and magically fix it. Jesus, does this movie eventually have a happy ending?

1 person likes this.
  19. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

This here

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Maybe knee jerking, but I don't even see the point of getting excited about potential trades. The problems with this team run so much deeper than Just Basketball that I'm not even sure a trade makes a difference. The team culture, the team mentality -- those are laughably broken right now, and bringing in a new piece or 2 is unlikely to change it.

The guys on the team with the most fight and the most heart are near the bottom of the talent spectrum. Meanwhile, Harden has talent falling outta his ears and can go a solid 20-30 minutes without appearing to care at all. That is SO frustrating.

1 person likes this.