1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pistons 1/12/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think you may be right. Ivey sure seems to be blossoming

Dankstronaut likes this.
  2. Ancient Moabite

Once again I was only comparing volume with low % but still winning a game, rather it be in the Finals or reg. season, that has happened many times

Jordan was a complete disaster if you compare his other Finals and playoff series efficient wise, but it didn't matter because they won, regardless of TS%

TS% is the new (remixed) troglodyte version of PER when that first hit the scene

Jordan had a 13/29 ...... a 14/33...... 12/27......... 9/26 and 15/35 (fgm/fga) in that Finals

If Jalen shoots like that in any game he gets put on the Cross rather win/loss

#1122 Ancient Moabite, Jan 13, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rockets got lucky. That was a clinic by Detroit on how to lose a close game. Turnovers, missed fts, bad defense etc.

HardenReturns and Ankara1923 like this.
  4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

sounds familiar. Young teams do this all the time. Dillion and Tari can’t get back soon enough.

jim1961 likes this.
  5. plegus

plegus Member

You should stop right there, take a step back and look how you are generalizing and what that means. Hope you can relate somehow.

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Results are not important. What's important are factors that can impact results apparently lol. Conversely if he shot 4 for 4 and had 10 points no one would jumping out here saying 100 percent shooting, he had a great game. The narrative is already in and people will find a stat each night to fit that narrative.

7. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When it’s happening on X and Reddit and here… by multiple people it’s no longer a generalization it’s a fact and being discussed about on all platforms

8. plegus

plegus Member

Oh boy you are just not aware yet. I will give you some time to mature your ideas as you live on. On the other hand, I hope you never face such hardships or meet such people which will make you a real adult. Because it is tough and your privileged bald eagle ass will never understand otherwise.

How was it? Did I do it right? Let me know sensei.

9. plegus

plegus Member

To everyone else, I am sorry if I offended you, this is not me, I am trying to make him relate thats all…

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

Trying to be a leader and keep the kid in high spirits.
    JG needs to watch Vince carter and Tmac in their prime. Attacked the rim with FORCE not the buttercup layups

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I must have been downstairs warming up dinner, but when did this happen?

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Early in the game like in the first couple of minutes. I was truly amazed

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

They dont count fouls as shots nice try.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This looks like an Episode of Hidden Camera......PJ Tuckin a Fool.

Easy likes this.
  16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

boo hoo, you are proving my point.. enjoy the block!

17. plegus

plegus Member

Welp, I tried. Someone should tell this guy he is being unintentionally racist. Hope he is this ignorant-confident only on the interwebs.

18. Rochut

Rochut Member

I think if Jalen had exactly those splits, averaging over 33 points - AND we win the series - fans would be fine with it.

It's the losing that drives the "chucker" narrative.

19. Ancient Moabite

Green doesn't chuck at that high volume level consistently, I also give Jordan a senior citizen pass since he was around 35 yrs old, it wasn't 91/93 Finals version but he got it done, rather efficient or not, just win

Which is why I made the efficient comparison which i think Rockets won a game where Green shot like 9/26 or something like that not too long ago

If a player goes 2/10 or 3/12 or 4/14, that isn't really chucking, its just not making a higher percentage on those 3rd option shot attempts

I don't know how many shots per game Green takes, but it seems to be around 15 or so (based on eye test) when team is fully healthy and it may took a spike up per game when Dillon /Bari were out the lineup

Rochut likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is clearly Killian Hayes who is the problem, Cade might be slowing their pace down but that is it.

But yeah, it seems Ivey or Cunningham might be redundant, they are practically too similar .....Ivey just less playmaker and more athleticism.

• Cunningham is still the better player while Ivey might be a better scoring role player.
    • They have too many minor problems and Cade is not a problem solver per se.
    • Monte Morris should be fixing some of the issues, he is the best playmaker outside of Cade......

#1140 daywalker02, Jan 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2024