1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 2/9/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Silas advocated for Dipo’s expiring tho, and I bet they thought the Harden trade would look better because they’d be able to catfish many Rockets fans into thinking they’re getting an “All-Star” in Dipo back for Harden

HP3, Nook and D-rock like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Silas likes Wood at the 5 and the Rockets were not going to resign Allen this summer. So they dealt Allen for a #1, Oladipo and the Cavs took Prince as well.

If the Rockets really can deal Oladipo for a pair of #1 picks (I am skeptical) like Clutch thinks, then that is 3 #1’s for Allen and a good deal for the Rockets.

The Nets package is good but ONLY if the Rockets bottom out and this year or more likely next, they suck so bad they get a high lottery pick that they never would have gotten with Allen or Simmons.

Deuce, DeBeards, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Could of had Dipo AND JAllen.

The Bucks FRP is garbage.

HP3 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is why I preferred the Simmons deal.

No way Dipo is going to net multiple FRP.

HP3 likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

huh? Who said it was true lol? Yall with these strawmen.

I'll explain it to you since you need some 'splainin

It's possible that they simply weren't sure they would get back what you think they're getting back. The Trumpian fantasy here is you seem to know his value better than the GMs that negotiated for him, especially when Stone, as reported, was in talks with multiple teams. So we can safely assume that he shopped Jarret Allen around since BKN was trading him and Stone settled on Who, the Cavs. We got what we could for him, no sign that bringing him here would have gotten more.

As for a possible injury, sure, that would have ruined his trade value and if you have 0 long term plans for him then it's a bigger risk then you might think.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s trash for sure

if those BK picks end up being meh, we’ll have nothing to show for trading Harden

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone is a dumbass.

Your fake hypothetical is nonsense, but you keep believing it.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Your wild man. I love how I said the same thing Nook said but you're coming at me.

And I also love how apparently GMs never take into account injury I guess. Fake hypothetical nonsense...

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Could have moved Tuck for a pick AND swallowed Prince too.

It would have amounted to the same thing in terms of value by moving Harden AND Tucker in same trade or even 2 separate but simple trades.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I was indifferent. The Sixers deal would have won us more games the next couple years... but I don’t want that. I firmly believe that if the Rockets get a franchise player it will be in the high lottery, likely in 2022.

DeBeards likes this.
  11. Mr. Space City

tankers watching the rockets implode.

[​IMG]

12. WestendMassive

Just thinking about how New Orleans got Ingram and a bunch of picks for AD and then Silver gave them Zion.

The Rockets traded a better player and have ended up with 10% of that value.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Projecting an injury on a non injured player BUT taking back THREE injured players AND signing TWO more injured players?

This is the GM who is calculating not to take in Jarrett Allen based on potential injury?

You are even more ignorant than your hero Stone.

Unless you are right then you both are both brain dead.

14. WestendMassive

I doubt anyone would give up multiple second rounders for Bricktor at this point

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Could have done both.

Lottery players do not guarantee a franchise player.

I'd rather have Simmons, Wood, Tate, Porter, Thybulle, Maxey in my back pocket AND rolling dice in the draft.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

#Truth

DeBeards likes this.
  17. conquistador#11

When you put it that way, it is depressing. People fall in love with picks, future future picks. Time shares scam

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I dont agree with Nook on this either but he's not arguing BS injury what ifs with me.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Your missing the point and then assuming I'm the brain dead one. Rich.

Stone ALREADY traded JA, they already 'flipped' JA. They were working on a 3-4 team deal the entire time because they were flipping JA and they got what they could for him.

You're imagining that he has more value than he has when the Rockets already had him and shopped him around, clearly, because it would never have been a 3 team deal if they didn't.

I'm saying ANY kind of injury ruins his value because he is a rental. Therefore playing him and flipping him later DOES have risks.

I don't get why you're so aggressive, who said Stone is my hero lol? At least I don't worship GMs and coaches who haven't won championships, I'll save that praise for the GMs and Coaches that do.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets could make up a lot of that value if tank...tanking for a top pick in the draft would bring us way more value than waiting on some BK pick in like 2026

we have full control of our pick in 2022 and 2023...the Rockets should be tanking with no shame instead of playing their heart out for the 9th seed or a 1st round beating

nobody is coming here in free agency to play for some low talent team that tries hard, and the Harden trade was really a miracle...trading for a young player still on his rookie deal that u can immediately hand a 5 year extension to, and that young player also immediately blows up into a superstar...that’s not gonna happen again

it’s time to tank

WestendMassive, HP3 and D-rock like this.