1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 2/22/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 19, 2024.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rox got put in the massive hole by our Storm trooper backcourt.

Jalen cant hit the broad side of a barn and on his way to 5M contract extension. FVV also shot horribly and looks like a freaking dwarf on the court. Both guys had tunnel vision and wasted too much time, I notice they spend 10 secs dribbling the air out and then do some dumb ISO or one pass play.

Dillon Brooks actually broke out of his shooting slump, doesn't matter cuz he didn't get the ball much. Same with Jabari Smith, dude got like 5 touches like wtf. Like how do you expect them to produce when they don't even touch the ball? Meanwhile Jalen having his Smush Parker moment taking more attempts than the 2 of them combined. I understand Ime cares about effort but he always need to put some order and control, how about running plays for the hot hands instead of letting FVV and Jalen chuck all the shots?

Amen has been balling outta his mind and should be the starter if Ime has any sense. As for Jalen, I have been one of the most lenient posters here on Jalen but the dude has been straight trash. We always start games down because Jalen can't shoot like he has erectile dysfunction. I expected him to have spent the ASB fixing his broke ass shot but seems like he just spent his time sitting on his ass. Jalen is like Amen if you made him short, weak, a chucker and had bad handles. Dude is just LAZY and deserves to be demoted to the bench if he can't be bothered to put in the work.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well .500 is still a lot better than what they are on the road. If they were just as good on the road as they are at home they'd be sitting at around 6th or so place right now.

They've won 5 games on the road. 5. That's still a massive difference, the problem is they are a respectable team at home but actually play like a bottom 5 team on the road.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  3. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Ja Green worth is nada

4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The narrative is always about Jalen but it's obvious our defense has slid. No way Valanciunas should be looking like prime Kevin Garnett against Alperen Sengun. I just posted last game against the Pelicans where Valanciunas outclassed Sengun. Then he comes back off allstar break and does it again. At what point do you guys hold Sengun accountable on defense? He's pathetic

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Needs to be talked about more that Jalen is the direct cause of our better shooters getting so few attempts and thereby our team 3P% being the fourth-worst in the league. It's not just that his individual performance sucks, it's that he's jacking up 15 shots per game--shots that could go to players who aren't in the bottom 3 in the league for FG% and 3P%.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's because even if you accept the narrative that Sengun is bad on defense (I partially do), at least he gives you a reason to cover for him on that end by being a good offensive player. With Jalen there is nothing to cover for. He sucks on both ends

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Imagine being a player on the team and hearing Ime talk about accountability and seeing him run Jalen's scrubby ass out there all year.

No wonder hes having a hard time getting them to fully buy in.

#947 xtruroyaltyx, Feb 23, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
  8. Sonicbun8

Sonicbun8 Member

Wish we can voice our concerns directly at stubborn Ime in the postgame interviews.

9. Holybats

Holybats Member

Didn't watch the game did we tank ?

J.R. likes this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Sengun wasnt bad. Jalen was trash as usual. The issue with the Rockets is that Jalen Green and Fred Van Fleet cant shoot. You are trying to put Sengun in Jalen in the same boat and they arent lol

Downtown Sniper and roslolian like this.
  11. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I watched a recording after the game. We were up 4 towards the end of the 1st and here comes Ime with the change in lineup that is CLICKING! About a min. later we are down 4.He starts the 2nd qtr. with the same group….things got out of hand QUICKLY! You are paying the BIG dollars to FVV and Brooks that were supposed to steady the youngsters. I’m not seeing that at all. FVV’s shooting is not good…he does at least distribute. Brook’s great defense is not top shelf IMO.

I have supported Jalen and his youth but, it is getting harder and harder to do that. He is keeping shooters who start out hot and in a grove from getting the ball..He and FVV dribble the ball too much and then put up shots. MOVE the dang ball around. Amen is really starting to flash his potential. SHAME on a coach and team that takes someone shooting 60% and limit them to 5 shots … and it’s not just Bari either.

Love Alpy..as does most everyone else. But, he is nonexistent defensively at times…especially against really big Centers…no crime,just so you know that is a weakness in his game…and,it absolutely is. Tari would be a welcome addition…but, despite his incredible work ethic..he is not going to move the needle in a major way. We did need and do need a backup Center. I was really surprised that Landale did some dogging it on the court tonight when he had a chance to be on display.Give me anything but don’t give me a quitter.JMO…very disheartening to see all this fresh off the break.The Pelicans announcers were talking about our young talent and how patient you have to be.

Bo6, PeterKingX and roslolian like this.
  12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone seems to have regressed other than Amen. :(

MystikArkitect likes this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah basically Amen came to play and the rest didn't. My god it's sad to watch FVV & Jalen dribble into traffic and unable to do anything with it.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just a reminder that JV didn't always look like he does now

[​IMG]

Let's be patient and see how Alpi develops physically. Lot of guys improve their defensive awareness and positioning as they gain experience, too.

subtomic likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think it is just about records, players are really inconsistent in intensity, poise, and the will to win......

And there are just quarters where players just flat out suck.......in terms of not displaying any talent level.

You could argue that opponents figured Udoka out, figured our players out, Udoka not reaching every player.....etc.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol he still looks like Yao Ming in his 3rd year.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I turned off at half as I didnt see any difference from before All Star break..the team just doesnt look fluid...we are just getting worse

MystikArkitect likes this.
  18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Same old Jalen. Same old result. Yawn.

19. j@amc

j@amc Member

The players realize it's a pipe dream to make the playoffs. Do they start protecting themselves and thinking about next year? If so, maybe Jalen can come up with an injury so we can start Amen for a while.

The things that make a real difference, like effort on D, have faded with the long season. It's hard to see how the last quarter of the season becomes positive since we're such a poor perimeter shooting team.

New Orleans (even when they are missing players) is a nightmare matchup because we want to be the physical club, and the Pelicans just pound us at every position.

Our Tankathon numbers are getting better by the day. I am not sure why, on the simulator, it's easier to place higher than when we were actually tanking. After the loss, I ended up with a #2 (Rockets own) and #8 (Nets).

Pretty sad when the tankathon simulator is more exciting than what we put on the floor.

20. MystikArkitect

Felt like I was just watching the Memphis game again. I feel like I've seen what I need to see this year. Tired of beating this dead horse. If nothing changes I'll be box score watching just for Amen/Cam.

Amel likes this.