1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 11/12/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did we win 13th in a row?

DeBeards likes this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

No, but Silas has won our hearts...

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

<3 silas. i hope he retires a rocket, some 30 years later.

DeBeards and Salvy like this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

That's 30 years of being in the lottery, Stone has to at least get one right in thirty years.... Sign me up!

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think/ hope that having Tate back will bring KPJ into a lesser role . JT seems to be one of the vets that kpj will share the ball with .

6. ROCK3TM4N

ROCK3TM4N Member

Pels are a legit team and a deep one at that.

Proud of the guys that fought hard to give us a shot at winning.

Loved how Jabari trying to do the little things before looking to just shoot, but I feel like he’s left open a little too much though (looking at you, KPJ) like the others have said, if you focused on spamming Green and Bari, you would rack up so many assists and become a fan favorite. Right now, you are making it hard for us to like you and that is probably Silas’s fault as well.

I was never for KPJ to be given the keys to PG duties but if it’s the organizations way of “tanking” then I won’t try to stress over it but damn its annoying when there are better ways to develop our guys and culture.

Jontro likes this.
  7. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Pels is not a legit team, mediocre at best.
    Even our second unit outclassed them. This win is a false dawn for them, as was for Raptors and for Clippes.
    They will look back and they will say: "OK, we outscored Rox 13-0 at the finishing, we are good".Wrong, they outscored KPJ and tanking Rox. Won't surprise if they lose succesively onwards, as Raptors lost.

We gave away games to Clippers, Raptors, Pelicans,.. and this teams start to think they are good.Mistake.

We won at Magic, another poor team and beaten Utah. It was a wake-up call for both teams and they did better after losses.

Poor Pelicans.They will start to lose.Lock Zion with Garuba-type player, they are done.

hakeem94 and Carpe82 like this.
  8. ROCK3TM4N

ROCK3TM4N Member

Yeah you’re probably right in that they are not legit, I got carried away but they are sitting at the 7th spot at the moment, not bad.

I will have to disagree with you on the Pels being a bad team though, they have all the tools to being a good team.

we really only had a shot because Green started getting hot and our bench came to play like you said. But as we know, a quick substitution and missed focus on whats been working will take us out the game.

KPJ really did suck it up in the 4th :confused:

Ankara1923 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He could retire right about now.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Pels doing good or bad got nothing to do with how good the Rox are doing. ;)

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and it's no wonder

Severo Silas as Severo.jpg

Salvy, hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Os Trigonum and DeBeards like this.
  13. Spooner

Spooner Member

First rookie in NBA history to start with 3 20+ point games. First since Lebrun to debut a 20 5 5. And his performances have only gotten better since then. It doesn’t make any sense to tell me a player’s rookie year stats for a full year. This is the first month of the NBA season. Luka started the year undoubtedly slower and picked it up through the year. It is fitting you mentioned Luka since I repeatedly said all summer that Banchero is the best prospect since Luka. And here you are using Luka Doncic’s stats to try to make an argument. If that’s the case, Paolo must be pretty good. But of course he’s the same athlete as Sengun, he won’t average 4 assists in his career and Sengun will be a better shooter than him. Just like you said right?
    At any rate, the point is this - you just compare Paolo to Luka. No one is comparing Jabari to Luka. No one who thinks rationally would say that Jabari would be blowing up in Orlando and Paolo would have disappeared here . What profoundly dumb argument. Even Rocket’s own Tari Eason is ahead of Jabari in the roookie rankings.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not comparing Paolo to Luka or Lebron.
    He’s had a great start, it’s a long season.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they better start tanking for wemby...their team of allstars is not working!

Ankara1923 likes this.