1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 1/30/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I dont think he's a scrub, WTF did that question even come from?

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope Nwaba is okay.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets have actually gelled faster than I thought they would after Harden. Very impressive.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That's gotta mean something big. Some record or something. Just make something up.

raining threes likes this.
  6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They only make **** up for Lebron, Curry and Luka.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Well at least we know we don't need Harden anymore. Five in a row without Harden almost feels like Harden is back. I hope we win 13 in a row for Harden because 13 is Harden's number.

8. Rockets4Life13

i hope we win 59 in a row :)

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Only one game (and the only game I've seen of them), but the Pelicans have done an awful job surrounding Zion and Ingram with a good supporting cast. Ball and Bledsoe are not it. Adams is old and clogs the lane. Nicko, their main bench player who played 33 mins tonight, is a poor shooter who routinely misses wide open 3's.

If they had Mason Jones, Ben McLemore, and Jae'Sean Tate with Zion and Ingram and KJ Martin and Sterling Brown coming off the bench, they'd be an infinitely better team than they are now.

D-rock, raining threes and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Luka losing to Suns right now.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They will still make up some dumb s*** for him like the youngest player to gain 20 lb of fat in an off-season or something IDK. I hate him.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

and Tate took it right at him

13. s3ts

s3ts Member

Defense was great, Effort has been phenomenal, but the efficiency can't be counted on unless the teams we play against have the league best defensive numbers too.

We'll be at the playoffs, we can beat good teams, but we won't see elite level stuff for a long time.

Not unless we see breakout of a star here. And that'll be up to Silas to spot talent and nurture it to reality.

14. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I think it's just that Wood often is on the floor with Wall and Oladipo who apparently like to score far more than pass.
    I mean, he costed the team wins because of his petty diva attitude. I don't mind.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Harden is like, "Try walking a mile in my shoes." and I'm like, "I have mother****er. I have. I've walked at least 20 miles in your volume 4s."

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro, dont act like you havent been toxic with the HOF BS. Im not trying to hear it.

Take what, nothing changes with this 5 games.

We dont have the talent here. At least not enough to win a championship. Its not like I've called any of these guys crappy players. I've only ever wanted us to lose for the Rockets benefits. I have never been like that in any game thread, you can check anyone. Its never been straight vitriolic. Like Parler boy just tried to do.

Lol, im not admitting anything.
    I usually really like joking around with her....but I feel like she's kind of taking it personal here with the tanking stuff. Like she comes at me like non stop lol. Sheesh man.

D-rock and ksny15 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not about harden..... its not personal stuff.... its about basketball... you just cant ignore how a simple act of removing A SUPERSTAR from the squad just unlocked everybody....and hes such an efficient monster... analytics darling....its nothing personal, at least from me, just a basketball discussion and a life discussion if you will because this is how it is in life

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lost in the craziness of this season is just how good the ****ing Clippers are playing this year. Especially PG. I'm really shocked.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Man...it seems this team can win big even through the usual offensive slumps because the defense is just that good right now. It's fun to watch everyone fly around the perimeter contesting shots and even though the chemistry still isn't all the way there yet it's getting better every game.

5 in a row! Keep it going fellas!

Jae'sean Tate is a steal!

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

The season just started wait till after the deadline. Clippers had the top seed last year pre deadline as well.