1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 10/10/2013 in Manila, Philippines (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Gil

Gil Member

I think LOF's are only against it because it makes it seem like Beverley is better than Lin when that isn't the case. You have to keep in mind a lot of his fans only just got into basketball after Linsanity.

The fact is this move simply improves the team as a whole and allows both Lin and Beverley to play to their strengths. I know McHale has said he's 'experimenting' but it's clear as day this is the way forward.

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Only thing is that non-reason games will mean Parsons, Harden, and Howard playing 35+ minutes....Lin may be seeing much less minutes if he doesn't get pulled to play with them.

3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

This is how I look at the situation. When Harden was in OKC:

Thabo Sefolosha = Patrick Beverly

James Harden = Jeremy Lin

Yes, James Harden is by far a better player than Sefolosha, but with Durant and Westbrook in the starting lineup (harden and dwight), Harden wouldn't get very many offensive touches. I think that's how Mchale wants to use Lin. Berverly is a defensive stopper, while jeremy would be able to run the show with the 2nd unit. Lin is better with the ball in his hands.

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

Stop trying to appease LOFs. There is 0 guarantee Lin will finish games. In fact it will depend on well Beverly is playing. Unless he is playing really bad, I think Lin will not finish games.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It would be grat to have Lin as our Manu. He would punish ooposing benches and help build and keep our leads. Last Game we fell off when bev came in but with Lin the second unit has a playmaker.

6. 34to11

34to11 Member

Spin it however you like, I just know both units were better and this team has the potential to be very scary...VERY SCARY!

7. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Exactly.

8. Star

Star Member

It's just one game.

Though Dwight game may suffer without Lin.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Pretty much, no one is saying that Lin is a lesser player, I think most rationale people here would agree that Lin is the superior PG talent.

10. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

ugh...this is why I stopped following the NBA.com box score. This happens during regular season games too.

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

Jeremy Lin IS NOT James Harden on the OKC. The idea is the same, but I don't see McHale playing Lin 31 minutes a game like James Harden. That is a sacrifice Lin will have to take coming off the bench, significantly less minutes.

12. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Missed the game but Lin looked really happy on the bench at the end of the game. I think he'll like the 6th man role.

13. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

Why does everyone think McHale hates Lin? And it's major disrespect calling him McFail. Lin being the sixth man puts him in the position to best utilize his skillset and flourish, but noooooo, mcfail hates lin and wants to see him fail. I'm really tired of seeing all of these moronic posts. I believe in McHale and trust in what he's doing. He doesn't deserve half the crap some of you give him.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Nice theory. But, it's the end of the 3rd quarter right now. Beverley has played 24 minutes, Lin 15 minutes, and Brooks 7 minutes. Lin has taken 2 shots.

If I was a Filipino LOF at the game, I'd feel cheated and pissed off.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Is this the team that terrorized MIA in the Eastern finals? Howard just destroyed Hiebbert in that 1st quarter.

TJones played well as energy guy. I thought he got tired towards the end of the 2nd qtr and kept fumbling passes to him. Of course West is always tough to defend.

DMo after some scary moments was able to unleash his offensive game. Who's Hiebbert's back-up btw? I would think IND should have a good better back-up than Hiltom Armstrong and Copeland.

16. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Dwight going up against the 2nd best center in the league and still looked damn near unstoppable :eek:
    Bevs did his job giving the ball to Dwight and hitting his jumpshots. He looked great today in his role.
    My boy Jeremy making sure he loses the starting spot with some of those passes. He tries to thread the needle too much! and when is he gonna show off that improved jumpshot? He still passed a couple of chances, shoot it dammit :eek:

DMo and Casspi are such poopoo defensively :(

I hope Asik is ready for Sunday, Rockets might win by 60.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

D12 using those moves dream been showing him Hibbert couldn't stop him

18. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

it's preseason
    coach is experiencing thing

19. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I agree with the opening poster and the sentiments of the other posters.

I always support what is best for the team.

That's why when McHale decided to start Beverley I was all in for it.

I know Lin will bring his playmaking abilities and flashes of brilliance with our bench.

Hence we will have a very competitive rotation.

20. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member