1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 1/23/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2004.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I had to leave the game at halftime to visit a friends house. As soon as I got over there I was watching the Ring which routinely has scared me ****less to the point where I never watched the ending. She had another tv in the kitchen that caused me to keep running in and out of the living room. It was about the same time the Ring was about to end that the game was about to end. I said if the Rockets won tonight I'd watch the ending to the Ring, and be scared. They won so I watched the ending, and realized its not that scary. After a year of the movie being out, I finally saw the damn ending and the little evil girl didn't even look so bad on screen. But that's not the point. The point is the Rockets won, and superstitiously I did my part to ensure their victory. Go me! Go Rockets! To quote Dean, "YHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2. Deepsouth

Deepsouth Member

[​IMG]

3. prlen

prlen Member

Yao 's off-reb slap pass to Cato is great!

4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Anyone have any luck with the above link?

5. Vienna Calling

Hey Blatz,
    I didn't have any luck with the audio link you've posted. But nevertheless thank you for posting an audio link in every game thread! (Since I am from Austria (Europe) I have no other way to follow Rockets games than via game chat or webradio. So these audio links are always very helpful for many here, I think)

6. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

:D This made my morning, IROC. Thanks.

7. Charvo

Charvo Member

You've got the right idea. Yao is not Shaq, and Steve is not Michael Jordan. The Rockets must play basically at 100% efficiency to even have a chance of winning a championship one of these years. I don't see bigtime dominant players on the Kings, but they seem to beat the crap out of everyone. However, they got killed by the Grizzlies yesterday. Grizzlies are good.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Great win no matter how well they played. I know most of you are looking at the big picture. That's fine. However, it is nice to know that we can win a big game against a very good team while not playing well. I don't want to see this kind of effort every time out. I want to see a more complete game from them, as well. But that does nothing to lessen the importance of this win.

GO ROCKETS!

9. sidshaw

sidshaw Member

Ah yes the "big picture". After beating several hottest team of the day, are the Rockets the new hottest team du jour?

10. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

You're an Idiot. That movie was scary "When it first came out to the theatres & DVD ". Its been over a year now, of course it aint gonna be scary foo. Just like ET, it was awesome when it come out. I cried when when ET got sick. I was awed by the amazing special effects. You know the little kids flying in their bicycles and everthing...

11. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

I haven't got time to go through the thread but if someone already mentioned this sorry about it.

Anyways, I wanted to say was that I think Tinsley is a punk. He must've done somehting really sneaky to Mo when he wasn't looking. Tinsley probably just couldn't give in to the fact that he got his @ss handed to him by Mo. Cheap b*stard! :mad:

12. farhan007

farhan007 Member

next, we will be the best team in the nba, and shoot ourselvs in the foot:D

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Like you said, we have been playing great against the best teams in the league.

Now we play a couple of the worst this week, let's not play down to their game.

We must beat Orlando and Miami!!

14. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

Yeah, Tinsley grabbed Mo's shorts and halfway pulled them down trying to stop Mo from getting back on the fastbreak (on which the Rox had the numbers). If Mo had only pulled his drawers away from Tinsley, it would have been ok, but pushing him away was not such a smart move. Double foul.

Oh well, we ended up with a great ugly win, even with two players fouling out.

As a side note, someone needs to teach Yao to simply back off when players are leaning too much on him while fronting him. Foster was practically reclining on Yao like he was a La-Z-Boy at several points this game. If Yao had just backed off, Foster would have fallen on his butt.

When Cat threw that ball out of bounds in the lamst minute, I practically went "Howard Dean" on him, but he redeemed himself with the two cold-blooded free throws.

All I can say about this win is "Boo-yah!!"

15. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Thanks for giving me a picture of what happend busta...you're right it wasn't a smart move by Mo but if I were in his shoes, I probably to the same thing.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Wow, could it be that the Rockets are ACTUALLY turning the corner? Oh it be. (I still want a young point guard like Mark Jackson) If they sweep Florida next week, true believer, baby. I'm cancelling the boycott that I instituted for myself after the double-loss to the Spurs (Gee, that was ugly). They are looking good right now, even played hard in Memphis. Professional basketball may be coming back to Houston after a loooooong absense. Thank you Jeff Van Gundy.

17. busta_cap

I'd have probably done the same thing as well. But that's one of the reasons we're not NBA players of Mo's caliber ... along with height, athleticism and a decent inside shot (just speaking for myself; you could be a bangin' monster for all I know). ;)

18. busta_cap

Thank you Brendan Haywood for slamming Yao hard to the floor in the Washington game. It seems to have been the catalyst that turned a soft but talented big man into something approaching monster status.

Mad props, B! You may have been the man to finally put Yao on the road to transforming him into the 'Beast from the East' Rockets fans have long hoped he could be.

19. busta_cap

And by the way, did anyone else notice Yao dropping F-bombs when he fouled out last night? That's the kind of passion and desire we've all been waiting to emerge from the big guy's heart.

And when Cat hit those two ice water free throws and the time out was called, Yao had the biggest grin I've ever seen on his face.

Very, very promising omens of great things to come!

20. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

At least, they have been consistent, which you cannot say about many of the bandwagon fans here!:D

--daoshi