1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 1/18/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2013.

1. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Every 2nd possession on offense is a drop-off to Harden for an ISO. Why don't we try to run a play for others first, you know, get them hot and if the play doesn't work than Harden can use the remainder of the clock to work a shot.

He's a scorer, he's going to try to get his points every game, so why not try to get others involved?

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Just hurt from Beverley taking his playing minutes. I feel bad for the guy, Beverely snuck in a played some good minutes....coaches knee jerks and there goes Douglas again...last on the bench again.:grin:

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Patrick Beverly happened. Its for good reasons too. He's had a very positive impact, and every time he's come into the game the past two games, the Rockets have gone on runs. Just goes to show you that garbage time does matter to the coaches.

4. kastuul

kastuul Member

Somebody in the coaching staff should be fired.

5. wapz

wapz Member

this ^^^

sorry just had to comment.

6. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Well, back then when I was watching the 49ers when they sucked, no matter what QB was playing, they have a running play. Lin and Beverly were running the same exact plays. I don't think both of them happen to think the same way. It's Mchale's fault.

BTW, didn't les alexander say he liked the run and gun offense?

7. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

McHale favors Beverley over Douglas. Weird because he'd be perfectly capable of spotting Harden for some rest.

8. conquistador#11

the why play "democratic" ball when you have a player like harden comment still haunts me with sampson.

you always want to play democratic ball, unless in certain situations.

9. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

did you see lin play in ny? not youtube highlights and sportscenter, but actually watch the games? may i ask where did his mid range game go this season? did he suddenly decide himself that those shots should not be taken anymore? THAT'S the biggest difference from last year to this year....

10. eman

eman Contributing Member

Was Douglas even on the bench? I mean, his name isn't even listed on the game's box score, not even as DNP-CD.

11. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

I guess you only know how to hate on Lin and no one else or you can't read for *****. The joke was Chandler had to guard two guys :grin:

12. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

In a manner of speaking yes. His confusion is his brain telling him to "stay in the system" while his body is telling him to pull up and shoot a mid range shot like he has done his whole life. So yes, in that split second, he is distracted, and that's all you need in the NBA to get stripped or to make a bad pass.

13. Grigori

Grigori Member

Unlike Paul George, Ouglas is a one-way player...on a good day. On an average day, Uglas is a zero-way player. That's how Beverley has taken Uglas' job.

Also 2Pat sucks. I don't think I have ever in my entire life seen less activity out of a player. The guy is just slacking the f*** off every ******* play. In many ways, 2Pat is the perfect player for McHale's slack-the-f***-off offense. At most 2 players are allowed to move at once on this slack-the-f***-off offense. It's so f***ing easy to guard a high school team can do it.

I don't think those players parked out on the 3-point line are even allowed to move 1.5 feet along the 3 point line to get themselves a better angle to receive a pass. Neither are they allowed to cut to the basket unless they have a notarized written consent from the bench. Nosiree Bob, not in this offense. Gotta nail yourself to your spot unless you either 1) have the ball in your hands or 2) is the lone designated authorized allowed-to-move-without-the-ball guy.

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Though things changed a bit...deep inside the only player the coaches has any faith is still only Harden. They are thinking if he can't save them no one can....so let's just play him to death....sad to watch these 6 straigh losses though. All winnable...but same losing pattern.

15. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I almost wish Harden didn't have those two explosive games to start the season. That completely got McFail and Sampson to change in their minds the concept of team basketball and we are still living with that mentality right now (and likely for the remainder of the season as well).

16. jocar

jocar Member

Granted the offense might be over-simplistic, depend way too much on Harden, andm basically suck, but can you seriously say with a straight face that Mchale is scolding Lin for taking shots and being aggressive?

Why would he be getting benched if all he's doing is passing to Harden, and that's exactly what coach wants? Does that make sense to you?

17. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

we have no plays to run. i see a lot of off ball screens out there, but when they catch off the the screen.... NOTHING.... why? no mid range game.... so frustrating...

18. wenzon

wenzon Member

Then explain why we're seeing so many Harden ISO play even if his on cold streak?.. And explain also why jeremy keeps on passing to our PFs for the corner 3 when he knows they are not making them. I think jeremy can instruct them to cut to the rim so when he finds them they can dunk it..
    We're blaming the coaching staff for not finding option other than spread the floor and penetrate to the rim offense..

19. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Yes, i feel the same way too. It's like his passes are not as sharp as he was in NY. He's probably thinking, shoot, but the system says pass. Yes, Mchale's system sucks. They went away from the run and gun, and now they're going back to the style of play when we lost to portland in ot and dallas. Both times, Lin was benched, both times we lost.

20. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

Time to include Dmo and TJ in the rotation now, give them good bench minutes and I'm sure they will add more energy to this team, SOMETHING must change god damn in the next game, rest Chandler more often please he is overworked as well.

And god damn man, look at that Chandler rejection, was surprised he didn't pass to the open Harden because he makes good decisions most of the time. That's not the Chandler I know.

Harden slump? Inevitable, he has been overworked. Chandler overworked. And Morris what's going on with you brother, you seem to lack confidence ever since Mchale didn't start you, and Patterson? Same old Patty who goes into his shell when he smells some minutes and doesn't start playing like he should. And god damn it give James Anderson some more minutes, that guy is itching to play. Lin be more agressive please, you gotta learn to play without adrenaline, playing like that all the time will kill you one day.