1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 2/1/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 31, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

No. There is no Jazz game thread up yet so I posted it here.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OK then, Go Rockets!!!! We need to win this game really bad!! I say try giving Hartenstein more minutes tonight. Get the kid more time against the big boys, and let him start working towards that big backup we need to fill in when Clint is out.

HP3 likes this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He's a project. Looks like he will suck for lots of games before turning the corner and becoming a playable center.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't agree with that. We had absolutely no defense last night before he came into the game. None! Once Denver racked up 70 points in the first half they should have brought him in, because he couldn't have been any worse than what we had in there. But, nope, they waited until the 3rd quarter was almost over to give him a whole 8 minutes. You know, 3 rebounds, 4 points, a steal and a block in 8 minutes is better than what we were doing with the guys the coach chose to use. That's my opinion anyway. Take it with a grain of salt.

jcf and Cstyle42 like this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I agree that he should be getting playing time but all that dunking and dominating he was doing in the G league was welcomed with a big flat reality block when he tried to go up last night. It's a different league and it will take him time to adjust. He's more hustle than skill.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Actually I lived in China for 9 years and speak Chinese, so I guess I know quite a bit more about Asians than you do. In fact, I was married to an Asian. You are the racist. F you.

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Perhaps, it's about style. Westbrook has help from his starting lineup and bench because he's not just using them as spot-up shooters (a la the LeBron problem). The Rockets' whole system is predicated on Harden ISOing and maybe passing it out to the perimeter if need be. Harden has to commit on the defensive end before he starts pointing fingers. I don't care how much he does on offense. If you're giving up as many points on the other end, it doesn't really matter.

8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Atrocious defense

9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Turning point of last night's game was the Paul Millsap steal on gordon which demonstrated the rockets inability to continue going into the post! This was around 6 minute mark of 2nd quarter and down by only 2 points!

Before the Millsap steal, Millsap did a high post to low post pass to Trey Lyle's, a bench player and also Beasley was already shooting lights out at the time.

The rockets we're not able to counter the opposing team's post preSence. So after that point, the strategy of 3 and D was a strategy of last resort because the rockets we're not able to go "toe to toe" with their bigs!

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Well considering you're 50% of my 2.2k likes I'll listen to you