1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 12/20/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Rowdie Brandon

right now life with them sucks also.........

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Yao should have 25 shots every game.

3. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Going on the road might be the best thing for this team right now. This could be a make or break trip.

Come together or come unglued.

4. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I was complaining yesterday on the Magic loss wondering why Francis was not playing, without knowing that he had the flu. The flu kept him from the plane ride to Denver so he won't be there. Tmac's iffy with his knee and from his heart I don't see him playing. This is going to be tough but if we are aggressive even with Tmac and Francis out, we can win a close one at least. Everyone needs to pick up the slack.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'll be sitting courtside at this one, as the lone Rockets fan left in the Pepsi Center. I'm hoping Tracy suits up for at least the first half to keep things lose. As for a prediction, it seems like the Rockets and ButtNugs usually play close cames...well the ones I've been to anyway. I'm not worried about Carmelo tonight...I'm worried about AI abusing Rafer, like he always does.If Yao can give us 20, Bonzi with 15, Mike with 15 and Stevie with 10 or so, I think we'll be in the game. It's important for the Rockets to play transition defense, especially when the Nugs' 'quicks' like JR come in. So....

Rockets 91
    Nuggets 88

Look for me courtside,

Cod

6. Rowdie Brandon

^^^neither Steve nor She-Mac will be playing.

7. metalshred

metalshred Member

time to see Yao taking over, or it's time that we start hoping that Yao would take over

8. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

Life with Rockets still sucks, haha ;)

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

10$ we see alot more effort without T-mac
    than with him

Rocket River
    Why is the second half of a back to back half way across the country??? :confused:

10. Rowdie Brandon

because this is the NBA the league known for doing things that make no kind of sense..........see changing the ball, kicking players out for laughing and clapping, etc.

11. ericmark

ericmark Member

Rox will lose, sorry to say this. Yao usually sucks in 2nd BTB.

12. Frodo

Frodo Contributing Member

I haven't posted in Game Thread this season, so I hope this turns the Rockets fortunes.

Rockets: 100:
    Denver: 91

Rockets Win!

13. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

rockets will bounce back an dwin this one...I HOPE

14. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

That hasn't actually been the case this season AFAIK. However winning a game in Denver w/out Tracy is going to be hard (and I am sure the Nuggs haven't forgotten the drubbing they got in Houston which doesnt' help matters..). The role players have got to start making some shots or we are doomed.

15. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I can't stand it when Sir Charles and Kenny bash the Rockets. The trouble is, they're usually right.

16. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

no tmac, slim chance to win. This will be a hard game to watch. Hopefully yao will dominate; only way i see us winning.

17. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

You're assuming JR will play. Lately Karl's been pissy and for some reason has been playing Linas Kleiza instead. Kleiza's just as bad as JR, but with less athleticism, so that makes tons of sense.

I think you guys win.

18. edlove75

edlove75 Member

Ok...... question :confused: ? How can u honestly say we will win any games when we have no one except tracy that can make defenders pay for doubling and tripling yao? We have'nt even found a way to make teams pay for doubling yao when tracy has even played???? :rolleyes:

19. rafer11alston

rafer11alston Member

Very tough game for the Rockets. I don't think the Nuggets liked it when they got smoked in Houston and now that TMac took himself out, they're going to have no mercy on this team.

Would be surprised if Rockets are still in it in the 4th quarter.

20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

we got this.

sorry its hard for me to go against houston. i'v been followin them for a long decade now, and we're so close.

i endured worst seasons, and refuse to give in now. we're not far from tha recipe.