1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 12/14/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So did DMo tell someone to go out of the jet before him and take an action photo of him walking down the steps while pretending to be concentrating?

1 person likes this.
  2. nobie

nobie Member

DMo took the photo of Dekker and then photoshoped his face on to him, seems pretty simple ? :D

3. omgTHEpotential

So racist! I would like an apology.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

2012-13 again when the Nuggets swept us.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That was a little different. The Nuggets that year won 57 games in the regular season, finished 3rd in the West, and George Karl won Coach of the Year(before being fired after the Warriors knocked them out in the first round).

Meanwhile, the Rockets were a very young team that finished with 45 wins and the 8th seed in the West.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Treating my frail a$$ to court side seats, one more time, in the Mile High City. I'm just hoping our guys put up a better fight than last time. Then again, J.B. is an entirely different animal as a coach. I'm grateful to have him, even if it's for the short term.

Last time, the team was so disjointed on the court and had absolutely no sense of morale or team camaraderie (Dwight was talking to some fans across the court, James was in his own world, the bench wasn't even engaged, etc...). We need to get above .500, and the Nuggets aren't nearly as good as we've made them look.

As usual, I'll make sure I let the overpaid, wannabe Junkyard Dog (Jerome Williams, not our true fighter, Mario Elie) that he is overrated. I can't help it...he's my least favorite player in the league, and it's well documented that his ego is out of control, unlike what he portrays in magazines and interviews.

Dwight and Trev are due for a good game.

Go Rocks.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Yes I have read this from others too, it's not such a secret anymore.;) I think the press and media are catching up to this.

8. onreego

onreego Member

Got a bug spreadin around the locker room. :(

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

^^ Terrific. :/

10. omgTHEpotential

DMo needs to dish out 30 minutes of manimal abuse on the Nuggets.

11. KlutchQT

Gallinari has been a much bigger than problem than Faried in the previous two matchups, from my perspective.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Craig Ackerman @ca_rockets
    Also in December, the Rockets are shooting 41.5% from 3 (BEST IN NBA), while holding opponents to just 30% 3fg (4TH BEST IN NBA).

11:04 AM - 14 Dec 2015

13. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

So this month, they're shooting better from 3 than they did last year and have picked up their 3-point defense to last year's level. Which of course begs the question, why in the hell can't they beat these mediocre teams more convincingly(Lakers notwithstanding) or in the case of Brooklyn, beat them at all?

15. KlutchQT

I have zero statistics to back this up, but my eyes tell me that a lot of teams are killing us from midrange.

ETA: It also looks like we're getting killed in transition, which isn't really new from last season. Our transition defense has left something to be desired for some time now.

16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

My bigger question is what this team will look like moving forward with everyone finally HEALTHY and can actually play together on the court with regularity for a change

17. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Defense overall still bad

18. omgTHEpotential

Based on advanced stats found on NBA.com,

Rockets are 24th in defending/contesting opponents' 3-pointers, meaning opponents shoot 1.3% better against the Rockets than their season averages.

Rockets are 28th in defending/contesting opponents' shots from less than 6 FT, meaning opponents shoot 3.3% better against Rockets than their season averages.

29th from less than 10 FT.

28th from greater than 15 FT.

Meanwhile, if we look only at December, Rockets are accordingly 8th/28th/29th/28th. One conclusion that we could draw is that even with our improved 3pt defense, Rockets still suck at defending the rim / midrange.

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yea when Dwight leaves the paint to do anything like block a shot it's helter skelter...holding onto loose balls has been a problem. I suspect with DMO getting more playing time that should boost the Defensive ratings

20. KlutchQT

God, that's ugly. We've been letting other teams run layup drills for a minute now.