1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/6/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 5, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

there is no guarantee anyone of these bolded will become a wood level player in the future...he just needs a good coaching to buy in and basically is very good player

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So I do not want them to be like Wood.

Wood is a selfish guy and not a leader, you eventually want one of them to become a leader.#

To me Eric Gordon is a veteran but not a leader.

cheke64 and DeBeards like this.
  3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Lost in all the Christian Wood hate on here is the fact that a 7 foot tall dude can bring the ball up court like that at all. I don’t want to see it, per se, but it’s pretty damn impressive that he has the handles to do it. I hope he can put it all together one day because the dude has a bunch of talent.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol you just cant appreciate what you have... theres only 5 guys in the entire league like wood....and of course with a clueless coach, on a tanking team he wants to get sure he gets his....and he is in fact not selfish just not the most selfless guy in the world nor skillful in passing...hes already positive impact player notwithstanding everything above... with a good defensive minded coach and a competent pg he would be a true beast!

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can appreciate the hell out of a development train that will be changing its colors rapidly, be my guest.

At the end of the day, we all have our favorites, I just do not have the time any more to have absolute favorites.

He is just an asset and a piece of the puzzle, no need to sell your soul to him lmao.

I personally would not marry myself off to the first person that comes along.

In case you have not figured out how the NBA business works......even on the worst team you need leaders and enforcers, right now we got none, Silas might be the one of the softest coaches out there.

No personalities other than hair fetishists.

#1165 daywalker02, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    DeBeards and payaso like this.
  6. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

just watched.

Too many passes from big man to big man. Lots of standing around and watching. A lot of times there were players standing next to each other, need much better spacing. Jalen is fast. Things seemed better with Sengun on the floor.
    They are improving though.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not a single person HATES him - everyone wants him to succeed but when he is clearly SUCKING HIND TIT, expect more from him.

He is not ready, not even close....1 out of every 4 games is decent the rest are ass - KPJ and him make up the WORST backcourt in the league.

And we KNOW KPJ can play because he proved it late last year, when he played with NBA players, not so many not ready for prime time players.

Green has been ****
    KPJ has been ****

Call it like you see it.......we can still be fans and see the truth.

DD

8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I know shoulda-coulda-woulda but this should have been a win.

Rockets are suppose to lose so not calling time out is ok with me.
    That would have allowed the defense to set up properly.

The last play worked perfectly with the exception of Tate abandoning his post.
    *Eric Gordon drives the lane
    *Four Nuggets defenders converge around Gordon
    *Gordon throws the ball with enough force to hit Tate in the corner
    *Tate for some reason dives to rim ( "Tip In" with 4 defenders there?....Really?)
    *Tate catches the hot pass and puts up a weak flip shot
    (Kenyon would've dunked it over Jokic, who was off balance)
    *Jokic blocks shot while turning to face Tate

Silas gets blamed for losses like this....but bone heads need to understand
    the design of the play. Shoot the **** open 3 that Jokic has to rotate on the
    perimeter to have a chance of blocking.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is it... silas might have done it all right except to instill the discipline in his players...cant coach if you lack this skill...we saw it all year last year when johnny the ballhog went rogue

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

It shows lack of confidence shooting the 3 on Tates part.

How can the teammates trust you if you the player don't even trust yourself to be where you are supposed
    to be?

This goes into where DaDakota asked me, "what was the preseason for?"

So that players can learn the plays, and the teammates can learn each other. Here a month
    into the season players on every team, not just the Rockets, are learning to trust each other
    to be where they should be. It's called timing and precision.

Tate gets chewed out in video session, and he learns from it. If I can see that Tate
    has no confidence shooting an open 3 then the scouting and defense of the opponents
    can see that Tate lacks confidence to shoot the 3. Lag off of Tate and clog the paint.
    Result is no spacing for our pick and roll. Turnovers follow as we are not Pick and Rolling
    2 vs 2.....it's always 2 vs 3 or 4 defenders.

How do you instill discipline? Run bleachers? Run 100 laps? Bear crawls? Does the
    players union allow such methods? Put them in timeout holding heavy books in each
    hand until Tate can't hold those books shoulder height anymore!!!!! Oh my!!!!
    You would make such a good coach hakeem94. You should apply for the job.

Most drafted rookies take 3 to 4 years to develop and you want an undrafted rookie
    to not make mistakes in his second year. Good luck with that.

#1171 ApacheWarrior, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    DeBeards, palmsnbananas and hakeem94 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not in love with him but I always wish him good fortune!

BigggReddd likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

RE: Wood.

I think that the problem is leadership/heirarchy there is none - who is the best player on the team? Seems like there are tons of kids vying for it.

KPJ screaming get me the ball.

Wood sulking cause he is not getting the ball

We lack a true leader on this team, and clearly they are NOT getting it from Silas.

This will take time to iron out, expect more of it until someone emerges that the team can build around......whomever that is....

DD

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahaHAHAH the punishment with the books is hillarious! AWESOME
    to acquire the discipline different methods can be used and i am sure a coach being paid millions should know some of them that work...

the discipline doesnt mean youre punishing people, you can teach them importance of the discipline

you can also INSPIRE them... there is a reason its raining outside right now and i am going out to practice despite the rain...

DeBeards and ApacheWarrior like this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Just asking for a friend because I would like to box it, package it and resale for millions. I mean
    my friend would like to do that.

Thibs was a big disciplinarian in Chicago.
    Had success with D Rose but sucked without him. Went to T Wolves where they ran him off
    and they kept making mistakes.
    Now he is in New York where many say he had
    to cool it with the running players into the dirt.

I'm saying players make coaches look good and players make coaches look stupid. D Rose is back with Thibs. Looks smart again does coach Thibs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sorry if it feels I'm getting after you. And apologies to
    @daywalker02 yesterday.

I just feel black coaches and us Hispanics have to be perfect from day one and
    our players have to be at an accelerated rate from day one.

Billy Donavon got year after year of screw ups.

Brad Stevens got year after year of his team screwing up.

Jason Garrett coached the Cowboys from 2010 to 2019 and never
    learned to manage the clock.....never got his players better.

But Silas has to be perfect 82 games into his career. And his 19 year old SG
    playing PG (combo guard duties @D-rock) can't make mistakes.
    Porter playing 20 games at PG and now 10 games this year has to be flawless.

You have Suggs and Cade Cunningham also struggling and they have probably
    gone to many clinics or camps for Point Guards over the years.

According to Play Types.......Mobley and Scottie Barnes don't even register
    at PnR Ball Handler, or Isolations or Hand Off's. Which means they are
    getting all their points in transitions, Spot Ups. Put Backs. Not the same
    as playing quarterback in the NBA. Known as facilitators.

*Side Note: must have played 10 minutes (we all know Mobley and Scottie Barnes have
    played 10 minutes) and at least 10 possessions in that play type (they have not had
    10 possessions in those play types. 10 games into the season?) to be registered
    in that category.

D-rock likes this.