1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/30/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2022.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

why are you so sensitive, it was a low effort play, just the general attitude of what was going on yesterday, wasn't directed to single out Sengun.

Plus this particular play Sengun, just stopped played when they didn't call the foul which he was flopping for. Just a low effort play caused by frustration

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I know it looks like I am too sensitive and my nick won't be of any help.

I don't know how it is not singling out sengun as he is one of two in the video, doubling out maybe :). Even if the video showed a low effort play by KPJ only, who has been doing this on a regular basis for his whole career, I think that is unfair and not what a fans account should be doing. If there is a systematic lack of effort, do something a little bit more contained creating some actual discussion. Otherwise pointing out fingers after a bad loss is not good. Add it is a fact that Sengun is generally a high effort player. You don't do this to high effort players. You can't point out Garuba and say 'look how he lacked effort there'. This is similar to Silas making negative comments about Sengun after good performances. Combining it with the coordinated piece for Sengun's getting benched in favor of Bruno, I felt like something is off here. I scrolled down as much as I can, couldn't really find any tweet that is negatively worded directed to any other player, which is basically how it should be.

I am maybe a little too sensitive about Sengun being equalled to KPJ in terms of effort. Last couple of weeks, I got into watching rockets games focusing on defense, and perimeter defense is horrible, lacking a lot of basics and lacking effort. That is what I have in mind when reacting to this. But I really think a discussion on defense in more detail would be good to set some things straight.

3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

4. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member