1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/30/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It was funny watching KPJ get Jokic in front of him and make his moves, knowing he wasn't going to be able to take advantage of all his cute dribble moves.

I remember a time Jokic getting put in front of a competent guard would have Denver fans groaning.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  2. Damion Laverne

3. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Sengun is just a scapegoat for defensive problems. At least when he is on the court, Rockets can keep it up against opposing teams as how he brings consistent and efficient offense. His offensive output is HUGE even not being fully utilized. Defense matters but not in this context. None of the players are better than Sengun defensively except let’s say Tari, KJ and maybe Garuba.

#863 LeDakota, Dec 1, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  4. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Does anybody know why KPJ let every guard playing against him to the rim without any defensive effort? Does he think he is Harden 2.0?

5. riko

riko Member

Jokic is incredible….. I really like the pieces Denver has now if they can stay healthy with the additions of Bruce brown and pope they got two tough hard nosed defenders to makeup for Murray’s defensive short comings

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Oh I 100% agree.

The defensive side of the ball is where my entire basketball background comes from.

It's why I laugh at those people who try to say Sengun is unplayable defensively.

They so clearly don't understand the defensive side of the court.

Because I can think of a couple of players who are by far worse than him.

Coincidentally one of them even has a few fanbois claiming he's a good defender.

Which again just makes me laugh more.

Clutchfans is a special place in the post-Harden era.

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Booker about to go for 80 against our "D".

BigShasta likes this.
  8. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

He is great on short rolls

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a hard time chalking this up to personnel.

Sometimes a coach makes a universe of difference, and I am getting to that point with Silas.

JVG available? Adelman's boy?

10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I guess the best realistic option is Quin Snyder. At least we know that he is a really clever guy.

Jontro and LeDakota like this.
  11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Rockets need to to strongly consider getting some fish cause this tank is ugly and the public need SOMETHING nice to look at while this **** goes down! Yeesh.

12. Rockets4Life13

I miss Houston James Harden, CP3 and Dan Tony

**** sucking this bad I can't take it anymore

fryjol7, BigShasta and Jontro like this.
  13. Rockets4Life13

Our guards are terrible defenders and they generally let anyone blow by them. They also can't be bothered to ever fight through a screen

albuster likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its almost like we played a championship contender with the 2x reigning MVP on it or something and looked like young, dumb punks on the court pretending to play a team sport huh? So confusing :rolleyes:.

I had to tap out after the 1st -- Gangs of London seemed more deserving of my time. On to the next one as a unified fanbase!! LOL

TAB, DaDakota, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol bro all games are recorded and outhere on the net...you can watch whenever you want...
    i ll play myself any random game on gamenights, from the past nba or even old european games and enjoy
    its a lot of fun and insight...
    need not be a slave to any timeline....we live in wonderful times!

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ah its always A GREAT DAY when top picks get their asses kicked by pick no 40 something and murrray's what, pick no 32 or something?

TAKE THAT FOR DATA YOU TANKING FOOLS

fryjol7 and BigShasta like this.
  17. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I tried to watch as much as I could, could not make it through the second half. This was one of our lowest points on court.

I insist, we could look better and still be tanking. There are several important areas where we are not paying attention under the excuse of tanking. This will bite us down the road. You can't cheat history or human behaviour.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NO NO NOOOOOOOO.....THIS IS SOOOO WRONG...
    this is where ppl dont understand the role of leadership and coaching and how improvement so on the margins is KEY

1 we fought this same team 2 nights ago
    2 UNTIL OUR OWN COACH GAVE UP AND RESIGNED sit out player(s) eventho they performed brilliantly
    3 of course the next night nothings working because players subconscious knows there s no point in even trying because results and wins dont matter and even if you are in the game your coach gonna pull the plug anyway!
    4 and its not like you gonna get more PT or a better role if you perform better
    5 and you WILL get a better role if you throw a soup or walk out at halftime and throw tantrums(that one tantrum got alpi more pt and better role with silas than anything he ever did on bb court)

then kicks in the double transgression theory and i bet you any money none of you smartasses has the slightest idea what the double transgression theory is... except perhaps @harold bingo

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Buddy 2 nights ago the Denver Nuggets didnt take this team seriously and still won by 16. They said some nice things about Sengun and hearts flutter in ROX Nation and then this game decided to make a point on the court. They gave this young team a great lesson. "Good teams wont win close games, they avoid them".

You're spazzing out over nothing. Sengun is getting his time. He's entrenched as the starter -- you dont have to be insecure about Bruno the bad man anymore. These guys are young and stupid ball players right now -- more used to being "the man" on early iterations of themselves and need to work on trust and team building. Expecting that off top and then pointing the finger at everything or everyone sans your independent preference for play style or coach doesnt even grasp the obvious nature of this team not so concerned with winning games as gaining chemistry. Rebuilds suck. Tanking sucks. If you can apply a little foresight and patience everyone will be rewarded.

Your passion gets the best of you and sadly has exposed some really sketch personality flaws in the process. If you could just accept "the process" and use that as the baseline for all the annoyance it would save you some grey hairs and awkward moments.

cmoak1982 and hakeem94 like this.