1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/28/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 27, 2022.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

As far as I know Zubac attempted/made 0 3pt this year.
    I explained mathematicly last year that 3pt tries for Sengun/Rockets is a waste.Most did not understand. I won't bother again.Much better to force the paint or assisting.No avail.As Jabari/Tari plays next to Sengun and they co-operate defensively, the biggest problem in Sengun's play is nowadays assisting.Averaging less than 8 assists per game is sub par.

Expectation per 32 minutes for him was 18 minutes/12 rebs/8 assists. He is averaging 26 minutes per game and points/rebs numbers on par with the expectation. Assist number isn't.If he gets confidence and go back to his natural game he will do more assists.Then he will be walking triple double machine for every night or the other (hopefully 2024-2025 season and afterwards)

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I am sure that Boban is the easiest person to communicate for Sengun as Serbian is "the most Turkish words borrowed language" (around 8.000) in the world. HEPPY BOYS.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

das a lot of words

Tfor3 and Ankara1923 like this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

aaquaa likes this.
  7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yeah but Sengun didn't even make it tough for him. Jokic got what he wanted WHEN he wanted it. That's not Silas's fault. Sengun's defense has always been atrocious

8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Sengun will always be a liability defensively. Teams will single him out and score at will. This will never change

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol you are so naive...i have a bridge to sell you...

in his first season i saw sengun chase quick guards on perimeter, gets beaten by a little, follow them all the way to the rim, recover and block them there!! so he can definitely do it..

but nobody was there to clean the boards and opponents would have a free putback...

it happened countless times...

hell play a great defense when hes paid max dolars and playing on contender... hell be a defensive menace...

he still didnt even play 10 full nba games... and not even a single game for the real nba team and a real coach...half european teams could beat rockets and their genius coach....

Ankara1923 likes this.
  10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Smh

You guys make EVERY excuse for Sengun in the book. He wasn't a good defender last season, and has actually got worse this year. His footspeed will never get better and he's not a shotblocker. You singling out a few highlights won't change this. Silas should be keeping his minutes low until he learns defense

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude is a living mascot.

12. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

Many people won’t listen to Silas interview and just keep saying he hates Alpi but hey…this is now AlpiFans dot com

hakeem94 and BallSoHarden like this.
  13. don grahamleone

I've listened to the beginning of his answer like 20 times now. What does he say? "Huh, I don't know if that's good I think."?

Is he putting himself down there or saying Alperen modeling after him isn't a good idea? I can't decide, but he was definitely complimentary afterwards.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sounded like he could have been saying 1) "I'm not sure that's necessarily a good thing" in a bit of broken English. He could've also been saying 2) "he should just be himself" or (lol) 3) "pfft... I'm not that great". From listening to his comments in the past, he's probably so humble it's mostly 3) with some of 2) thrown in. It seemed like a humble comment in any case.

don grahamleone and Ankara1923 like this.
  15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Silas is just a god awful coach, he is the definition of an overthinker. He may be smart, but he seems like he is just thinking of the game entirely wrong. It makes sense how he did well in job interviews, he is knowledgeable about the game, but hes unable to really apply anything theoretical or make any type of reads or adjustments. I think the people who interviewed him likely didnt understand the game well enough, this is why Harden did not want Silas from the beginning, Harden is probably a top 10 active player in the league when it comes to understanding the game. Patrick was admittedly still learning a lot about the game when Silas was hired, and Tilman seems like the type to just want to hire the right people and keep his distance, I don't see him screaming on the bench like a young Mark Cuban. Silas has zero experience playing professional basketball, outside of going to a tiny ivy and playing ball there. You need to understand the NBA a bit more to really have this role.

Tilman needs to look at hiring a leader that can oversee all of these guys, and it can't be patrick. Someone to really train Patrick, and keep the coach and GM headed in the right direction as well. The Rockets as an org have not really made any strides in overcoming the mass exodus of the front office a couple of years ago.

hakeem94 and Ankara1923 like this.
  16. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

Ok. Say to your friends in Denver. "Jokic's defense is not good, send him in the 2nd unit or keep his minutes low until he learns defence."

#605Yesterday at 6:18 AM

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

European players like; Jokic, Doncic, Sengun etc... will never be a good defenders. Their footspeed will never get better or they will not jump higher. Accept it. But they have a good fundemental and high basketball IQ. So at least maybe they can be an average defenders. Stop waiting Sengun to be a good defender. It will not happen. Focus on our frontcourt. KPJ, Jalen and Eric Gordon. They have to defend well. Do they? No.

#1097 ExTxGS, Nov 30, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

It's why I was so glad that Bruno is back. Those defensive stops he gets really shows just how bad Sengun is defensively.

Wait. You're telling me nothing improved and the Rockets still leaked points when Sengun wasn't on the floor? Fascinating. It's almost as if the poor defenders on the perimeter maybe play a big part in some way.

Who knows though.

cryout75, hakeem94 and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. ktex

ktex Member

What is the reasoning for these bizarre b2b games with the same opponent?

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is just flat out stupid.
    Bench all the poor defenders and there won’t be any playable players on this team outside of Garuba and Eason.
    Also, the numbers say you’re wrong.

cryout75 likes this.