1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Yep the Power Forward Duo did nothing AGAIN

2. kastuul

kastuul Member

Next season, if TD is no longer a Rocket, they should sign a good defensive G to play along with Lin and Harden.

Last season in NY, Shumpert and Fields are good back-court defender with LIN.
    They didn't score too much but their D were so solid.

3. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

Mchale reminds me of a movie "50 first dates" starring Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. in the movie, The fictitious memory impairment suffered by Barrymore's character. It seems to me that Mchale keeps forgetting what's happened and repeats the same thing all over again in upcoming games. He doesn't have memory of What worked and what didn't work. This game is a display of how bad coaching can be and the worse is it is repeating again and again. What's happened can't lie and we can always go back to review all those games they played if anyone of you have any doubt.

In the world of team sport, head coaches are always the first to go if their teams keep losing regardless of whether it is coach fault or not. It has always been working this way in all team sports. for instance, Mike Brown of the Lakers, Avery Johnson of the Nets and on. Due to Mchale's unfortunate tragic loss of his own and the Rockets' current standing, he won't be fired any sooner. However if things happen like what happened in this game, he won't be around any longer.(to be honest, Sampson should go with him) Remember sometimes players should also take some blame as well but again head coaches are always first to go if they keep losing games like this.

4. mothman

mothman Member

Just an interesting thougth on the following scenario:

If the lead was extended from +8 at end of 3rd Q to +10 or +12 in the 4th Q (instead of down by -2), and the lead was maintained at >+6 for the rest of the game (i.e. with some buffer but not enough margin to guarantee a win).

Do you think Lin would see any playing time in the 4th Q at all? That is, should McHale stick with what "works" & let TD close out the game? If so, why or why not?

5. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Respect to Jason Friedman for patiently putting up with the Lin fans on Twitter time and time again. I've seen some of the irrational stuff they say to him and I don't know how he can put up with them instead of clicking on the block button.

6. New

Seriously, that is not what you said in the previous thread... Can people just stop using that Lin fan label or trash other people's thread by saying they are a Lin fan or a LOH or Asian?!!!

7. New

Agree.

8. New

It depends on how he plays TR and Harden

9. New

Corrected

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's just one game. Denver is a tough matchup for us. It happens. We can beat them, but everything has to go our way. Turning the ball over like crazy again is not the solution to the Nuggets. We don't have another game until Saturday night at home against the Bobcats, when we'll start another "streak." So everyone should just relax. Go get a massage. Walk your dog. Take a Xanax or three.

Also, I can't believe some fools in this thread are calling out Clutch for expressing an opinion. One chump even said, basically, that he had to be "even handed" about his opinions because he's the administrator. That ranks as one of the most asinine things I've ever read in this forum, which covers a lot of ground. Seriously, do people believe Clutch started the BBS, his creation, so that he couldn't give his opinions? Quite the opposite. If people honestly think Clutch has an obligation to be "even handed," then maybe they should look for another place to post their opinions, or grow a sack. As my mother once said, if you're afraid of hot oil, don't cook chicken fried steak.

2 people like this.
  11. conquistador#11

or it could be like a lot of situations in sports and even real life. Sometimes people want their guy doing the job. Gogi was the coaching staff's guy not lin. We all loved gogi but gogi is gogone. I kinda understand what lowry must have been thinking at the time. :p

12. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

True. Asik was just as important and impacts the game maybe more than anyone.
    False. Lin was not having a quiet humdrum game. Though the stats didn't show it, he clearly was controlling the pace and penetrating at will the whole game. When the offense became directionless and started spluttering, Lin should've been brought back right away to right the ship.
    The same old song and dance is there for a reason. Many people feel that the pg should play the pg role more often.

13. peter2012

peter2012 Member

No, they just fall in love with TD too much and dont trust Lin all season long no matter how Lin proves them otherwise.

To Macfail and Sampson:

TD is a SG.
    Lin is a PG.
    Harden is a SG.

You got it? Still NO?

14. youngduck

youngduck Member

well jeremy lin only played 31 minutes while james harden ended up playing 42 minutes.

he must've been exhausted.

15. Indaface

Indaface Member

The most important lesson that needs to come out of this game is that Lin, Harden and Asik should never all be missing from the floor at the same time. Especially when we have a slight lead on the road. 2 because they are the primary ball handlers and Asik for his rebounding/defense.

I like Greg Smith's potential but I think we need a more experienced backup 5. Not a horrible loss (Denver has been one of the hottest teams in the league this month), but one that really would have been nice to get.

16. bball7

bball7 Contributing Member

It's not only "Lin fans," but fans from other teams are saying the same thing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/17lmgy/game_thread_houston_rockets_2522_denver_nuggets/

17. OpportunityCost

True. At half-time Lin had 8 points, but more the PGs game is more than scoring, and he was doing a great job of distributing the ball to his teammates for shots. Jason F. is towing the company line.

18. OpportunityCost

I meant the PG's game is more than just scoring. #sleepy

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Last night lost was all because of defense and turnovers Asik had 7, Harden had 6 and parsons had 4. Thats outrageous, those are 3 nba starters, McHale better bring the hammer down in practice for that, it can't happen again.

20. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Yeah I was reading sbnation Denver's game thread. They complained Lin's play(caused trouble to ty lawson and their team) all game long. They called out Lawson a few times for not being able to stay in front of Lin and said that Lin actually played very very well.

Actually I think most of our players played well last night. So I have no complains. I just hope the coaching staff can learn from their mistake and improve, just as the players.

One thing I worried about the most is that usually after loss we could hear players blame themseves in interviews(ex: this time harden), but we hardly see our coach admit his mistake, he usually only point out player's mistake in interviews. So I don't know whether McHale realized he actually has something to do with the loss.

1 person likes this.