1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

His voice puts me to sleep.

2. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

I totally can not agree with you.
    The way Mcfail used harden and lin will destroy their careers.

1. Harden was on court way too long. He will get hurt finally.
    2. Playing stupid Harden hero iso without any screen set up.
    ->Lead to easy TO,
    3. When playing Harden, Mcfail only need spot up shooter,
    team chemistry was so bad and the results was only
    depend on luck and dice
    (the chance when we had high % in 3pts)

4. Mcfail had no faith on any rotation other than harden. This will serious
    affect the confidence of our rotations. Players got benched for
    no reason.
    5. He did not use lin correctly at the deleveloping stage of Lin,
    he just constantly benched lin for no reasons.

All of the above are really harmful to our starters. There is no good sign on
    these kinds of rotation. It is simply sucks

3. pnr

pnr Member

TD couldn't get off the bench over Bibby in NY last year. He shouldn't be playing 20 minutes, I'm sorry, and I know he's been really good for us this year, but I just don't understand why Lin wasn't subbed in earlier in the 4th or even started the 4th. Heck, I don't know why McHale doesn't run Beverley at the point when the offense becomes stagnant. He really is clueless. During the losing streak, Beverley was closing out games for crying out loud and his butt is glued to the bench now for no reason. A Beverley-Doug tandem could really work, and maybe even a Beverley-Anderson tandem, but I don't think Anderson will ever get significant playing time on this team as long as Harden continues playing 40+ minutes.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Nice, I've just been classified as a LOF! Guess I have to root against the Rockets now?:rolleyes:

5. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

then its perfect, its time to go to bed...;)

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I think he's the bro of that other guy on here? Philsamma? or vice versa?. The other guy wakes me up and this guy puts me to sleep, weird stuff.

7. art

art Member

I'd rather have lin turn the ball over 5 times, if it means he is orchestrating the offense and it reduces everyone else's turnovers.

this gm was there for the taking, smh

8. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Jeremy Highlights fresh off Geraldd's youtube :p

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hqQjVFwQ9Co?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hqQjVFwQ9Co?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

9. yunac010

yunac010 Member

What's with all the TD bashing? I thought he played well for the most part. The only problem was that he needs to be in with either one of Harden or Lin. Same goes for Parsons, Delfino, etc.

And what happened to Beverley? He's the true backup PG imo.

10. torocan

torocan Member

I didn't see a lot of TD bashing.

Just that he was in too long without Harden or Lin or Beverly. TD has a skill set and shouldn't be left unsupervised as the PG seems to be the argument in terms of the 3rd quarter.

IE, poor substitutions and minutes management by McHale...

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Those mid range jump shots look sooooo much better than his 3pters.

12. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

I just finished watching the replay.

Besides the TO I thought harden was pretty efficient tonight. Harden likes to pass across the 3 point line end to end. He seems to do this at least 3 times a game i think. I think he gets at least 1 turnover this way. He'll have someone next to him, but he'll always go cross court. Also he likes to run into 4 defenders. He's an elite foul drawer, but you can't run into four defenders like that.

Parsons did good. Got to the bucket pretty easily. Had some questionable turnovers.

Lin did the best today. I thought he show some great leadership skills in the last 2 minutes of the 2nd quarter. He was telling the guys on to flow to huddle up, told them to keep up the defense. I thought he got a lot of respect today from his team mates. I think this is the first game all season I seen him do that.

Gallinari was really good today.

Questionable subbing cost us the game today. Lin was in the game way too little. Dude was taken out after only 5 minutes of play time for 7 minutes. Then taken out way too early in the 3rd. The 2nd factor that cost us the game, was obviously turnovers.

One other thing I like to add is, have we done an alley opp dunk this year? Can no one other than Harden catch the ball and dunk?

Also I'm sorta seeing a similar playing style to LaMarcus Aldridge by Ppat. Obviously he's not that good, but I just noticed it today.

13. Ball-hog

Ball-hog New Member

McHale showed his weakness in tactics during this game. I think the critical mistake for McHale came with :52 left in the third when Harden is subbed out. From that point on till Harden was brought back on at 11:11 in the 4th, the Nuggets went on a 9-1 run which changed the momentum of the game. Lin should have been subbed in to run the team during this time, he was well rested and was creating opportunities the entire night. At the very least Lin should have started the 4th quarter in order to establish some stability and leadership on the court.

Another huge issue was the bringing back of Harden so quickly on short rest after playing the entire 3rd Quarter. It created a sense of panic and it was basically like asking Harden to try to win it for them which, of course, he tried to do with disastrous effects. McHale doesn't value rest enough and places too much on Harden when Lin can take a good deal of that burden.

14. brick

brick Member

The coaches don't like to have a real ball handler on the court for too long. Maybe it's against their offensive philosophy ? Every time we have got a few wins, the coaches can't wait to experiment their system.

15. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

They're very pretty. I have so much confidence in those jumpers of his, unlike his 3s when Im just waiting for a brick :(

He was good at them last year so Im glad he's been taking those more frequently and not just settling for 3s, as well as everyone else really. Have you noticed how we're not forcing a crap load of 3's anymore? so happy :)

16. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Exactly, once the Rockets demoralize other teams w/ Lin running the PG, they immediately want to go back to ISO ball for some strange reason. They ran a few times today, but you could see them try to put more some ISO plays. Unreal.

17. zdrav

zdrav Member

He has an odd hitch in his leg or something. Makes me a bit afraid that he'll land awkwardly.

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Hmmm I don't really notice any changes in the offense. When they make shots, the offensive looks good, when they miss, it looks terrible :(. I think it all starts with their defense. During the 3 game winning streak you could really tell they were hustling on D which leads to O.

19. cbk41

cbk41 Member

As much as we fans love to analyze tape and make conjectures, the coaching staff is around the players almost 24/7. We are not. They seem the in practice. We do not. They know their personalities and habits. We mostly do not. They have a gameplan. We can only make guesses at what exactly it is. They try to run certain plays that may or not be executed. We don't know exactly what they are trying to run. They have courtside views and can see and hear player communication. We don't sit courtside and have limited audible and visual cues.

I know it's a tough loss, and the coaching staff is far from perfect. We are playing a unique stall of ball with some very unique players. It is going to take some serious growth, time, some really bad losses, and some really great wins to be a spark for evolution.

Look, I know some of you guys really love basketball know your stuff, but you still will always not be privy to the aforementioned in my first paragraph. It's much easier to be an armchair GM than an armchair coach, and even then most people would be terrible at the job.

It's a loss. It's tough. It's over. Being involved in pro basketball can eventually lead you to some very high earning ceilings, so I'd take some of that time some of the more infamous armchair coaches spend on analysis and move it towards forwarding some resumes and stop wasting all that talent. If I had the capabilites to manage what McHale and his staff does, I'd be getting involved somewhere in the sport. I'm sure I'd get far if I really wanted it.

That being said, I wouldn't shed a tear (other than for a man who's had a rough year and lost his job) if the Rockets were to pick up someone from outside the organization tomorrow.

20. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Did you guys see Jeremy Lin post defense on Andre Iguodala. Jeremy Lin has good defense.