1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 3/31/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 31, 2021.

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

He is definitely infinitely for certainly Pippen and not Jordan. I do believe he can be a second or third wheel on a great team, and I make this statement for KPJ too, but both of them need a Superman to play off of. They are both pieces, as is some others on the team, but we are still waiting for our alpha dog. I know the media keeps saying this draft is five deep.....but part of me thinks there is a big drop off from Cade to everyone else. He may be the only one in this draft you truly build around.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Great game for us

We were solid against a pretty good team and still lost which is what we need this year.

Cant complain!

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We are tanking. If we got wood in there for 20-30... we could have risked winning. Almost obvious we pulled the cord in this game. How do you go from being that dominant to completely folding in the last few minutes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. raining threes

Yep, Silas playing Bradley who was terrible and not putting KPJ back in the game to try to stop the run. Plus Tate was obviously having a bad game and Silas wouldn't put House back in the game.

This means with Wall out Silas had to take over as the tank commander tonight.

cheke64 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

KPJ was getting it done early. Fun game to watch minus 4th Q.

House started hot - good to see

Tank won out.

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

KPJ looks great. He is 20 years old for goodness sake. Wood can be a no. 3 on a championship team. He is a difference maker. Stone has done a great job. I know it’s unpopular, but Wall when locked in on driving, dishing, and scoring is an all-star when healthy. We will be in the playoffs next year, even without a top 4 pick. I have been very encouraged by Wall’s willingness to facilitate the last couple of games. Tank like crazy and hope for a top 4 pick, but we will compete next year (maybe unfortunately) no matter what.

7. OpportunityCost

Great schedule for the Rockets coming up

Celtics
    Pelicans
    Suns
    Mavs
    Clippers
    Warriors

8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

You had me at every sentence until you mentioned the general.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

for what?

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I got 99 questions and 'why did we continue to try and go one on one against Claxton the entire game, when KPJ on one occasion was the only one to get the points' - is 99 of them.

francis 4 prez and hakeem94 like this.
  11. HL3

HL3 Member

That one make was like climbing Mount Everest.

12. Downtown Sniper

It's hilarious watching other players attempt a lob to a big man - heck - even just an entry pass to a big man establishing position down low.

Really makes you stop and just admire how god damn f*cking amazing James Harden was. And he was ours. And he loved being ours. All until Tilly came along.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@Jontro

It was great.

Jontro likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His confidence in himself isn't the problem. It's that with his main weakness being a lack of strength, by 25, if he didn't already bulk up, how much more will he?

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That seems like something you require? It doesn't seem like something that's required for him to be a franchise type player.

To be a foundational player you have to have immense net positive impact on the floor. You can get to that in many ways, with any body type, in any system. Kevin Durant is skinny AF and it doesn't stop him from dominating PF's and even C's.

The trick is whoever can bully him with strength can be beat on the perimeter more often than everyone else. The point is to use the mismatch to your advantage more than having it used against you. That's the mark of an elevated player.

I guess you didn't think Durant, Curry or even Harden would become elite because they all faced major criticisms about their fitness and athleticism. Didn't matter.

Wood is unique. He uses his skinniness extremely well, and just having more repetition than one seasons worth of minutes tells me

Also, Clint was this skinny. Yao was skinny. This organization has a track record of developing big men. If anything, they've made players too heavy because they seem to look at the past 5 years instead of the next ten years. In a few years, Wood will be prototype C size, it's always shrinking so next to stay on the lighter side. When players get too heavy injuries and lateral quickness diminish.

Kid has a great future TBH, with or without us. I would put money on the fact that he'll be worth near max in a year if (and only if) he stays healthy and sticks with us.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BRILLIANT!!!

Mathloom and Tfor3 like this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

All until his enablers left Daryl & D'Antoni

18. Downtown Sniper

Come on now.... we both know Tilly is the reason for all of this.

And i'm fairly certain there wouldn't be too many people who wouldnt't jump at the chance to enable all the bad tendencies of someone of James Harden's calibre... just so they wouldn't have to watch Johnathan Wall claim to be a franchise player any longer.

#738 Downtown Sniper, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I guess they “enabled” Harden to carry mediocre teams to 50+wins every year.

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He needs those Dream lessons. I haven’t seen Dream around since Tilman took over. Tilman probably thought Dream was doing that stuff for free....