1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 3/31/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 31, 2021.

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Reeko, you know as good as me anyone who plays the Rockets has the best fourth quarter team in the NBA that night.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJr needs to take a million jump shots during the season, especially from 3 and from the free throw line

apollo33 and sirjesse like this.
  3. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

I watched Calvin his whole career. Lots of losing during Calvin's playing days.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

With Harden's skillset and durability Harden will retire when Lebron's son retires.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

KPJ had 18 points and then stopped scoring or impacting the game. Wood got exposed.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I would like to see him show some ability to close games. I don't expect him to win games but I guess I want to see him going a little harder. I get that he probably hasn't been told by the franchise to do this, but I was hoping he would take it on himself. I'm not mad, but hopefully at some point we will see this.

FrontRunner likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Nets announcers saying harden injured his hammy in the first quarter but tried to play on it again and he had no movement in the second quarter and the third. You could see after he scored 14 points in the first quarter he looked like he couldn’t move in the second or the third quarter.

SORF and HP3 like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wood only got exposed if u were delusional enough to think he’s some franchise player or 1st option. U can never build around a guy like Wood because he’s too dependent on how good the guard play is.

napalm06 and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's been on thin ice for the past season. He might have that thin ice in his head and fear taking over when veteran borderline all-star level established players like Wood are on the team. And Silas isn't doing him any favors with his confidence by having him barely play the 4th after playing well and routinely having guys like House bring up the ball.

ElPigto likes this.
  10. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

That was beautiful to watch tonight. Mix of ball movement, cutting, set plays, and some ISO from KPJ.

This is why I never doubted Silas’ coaching ability. He has the X’s and O’s. Just doesn’t have the guts to hold John Wall accountable.

11. Mr. Space City

Nobody in this team is a franchise player yet. Wood hasn’t accomplished anything yet. It’s not like you can’t look for your shot while looking for Wood as well.

Nobody is saying he needs to take 30 shots a game. But if he has it going with 14 in the first half. Nobody would care if he continued that momentum in the 2nd. That’s actually what we want from someone that we are propping up to be our future franchise player.

12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

My point wasn't HIS playing days but his assessment of this historically bad team.And, he is absolutely correct there.

rkh-dog likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chuma Okeke. don't shout at me

HP3 likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well it doesn't help when you play like 12 minutes in the second half. Silas iced him on the bench till like the 3 minute mark in the 4th for some odd reason.

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair. I wish there was a short leash on Silas, although I will admit, when the game isn't tight and his veterans are playing, the offense looks pretty nice.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not meming though...:(

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He’s been in the league for a while and still haven’t gained enough muscle.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

This team has too many vets.

I’m talking about Avery Bradley specifically.

Hank McDowell and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. juanming

juanming Member

Didnt watch the game,did we win?