1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 11/04/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2003.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Let's review two vocabulary words today, class:

Irony - the use of words to express the opposite of what one really means." - Merriam-Webster Dictionary.

Idiot- one who can't detect an obvious attempt at irony a.k.a. yckt." - Dorotik New Edition Dictionary.

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Nah. Overbearing morons usually don't last too long...if you had the guts to be a graceful winner you wouldn't have to worry about getting banned.

Its obvious that you're still upset from getting dominated last year by San Antonio, why don't you go and put all that spoiled behavior where it belongs...on the Spurs board.

3. user

user Member

4. farhan007

farhan007 Member

Thats alright, no need to delete your acount, we will just put the ignore button on you, so you can post as much crap as you want, and are extremly welcomed to these forums:D

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I woke up this morning certain that this yckt guy had been banned. . . Oh well :rolleyes:

6. aries323

aries323 Member

this yckt character is almost as bad as the guy on "Mobely needs to be traded thread" who called everyone on the board idiots and said he hates everyone on the board.

Trolls.... :mad:

7. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I just don't understand his mentality...it just doesn't fit together.

(btw it says he's from Sugar Land in his profile...:eek: )

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I don't understand how it can be fun to be a Laker fan. Yeah, the team is stacked, but everyone knows that the only reson it is is because KM and GP want rings more than real nba salaries at this point in their careers. They are SUPPOSED to have a dominate team. But...

What happens if they don't win it all? With those two future HOFers playing for hardware instead of green, a championship is still no garantee.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You know, I have to say this so often that I should put it in my sig..

The ignore list does NO GOOD if you guys keep quoting him...

Good rule of thumb....if you think a poster is liable to be on some others ignore list due to excessive stupidity or the fact that he is a troll(both apply in this case)...dont quote them...please, I'm begging you.

Use common sense.

Dont reply(feed) the trolls, and if you want to have fun jacking with them....DON'T QUOTE THEM.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Lakers nearly lost to the Dunkin/Parker less Spurs. 2 OT's.

11. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

For all practical purposes, the Lakers just got their asses handed to them.

They truly should be ashamed of themselves... They have NO defense whatsoever. They look like they don't even care. I think they already think they have it locked up. So they give up 107 points to the BUCKS and 117 to the Spurs who already have enough trouble getting big offensive numbers even with Parker and Duncan in the lineup. Terrible...

The Lakers are still the best team in the league right now, but they are also the least respectable.

Still, right now I'd be damn proud if I was a Spurs fan. That was a hell of a game.

... but uh... I guess that's a bit OT...

12. Nova

Nova Member

Daaaang... the Spurs without Duncan or Parker almost beat the Fakers. I like the Spurs and despise the Lakers so I'm overjoyed. Now if only they could've pulled out the win, still this may give the Lakers a scare cause when Duncan and Parker come back to take over from Hart and Rose, they are going DOWN. Sweet. Can't wait for the Rox to humiliate the Lakers, that should shut up yckt (hopefully he gets banned before that though).

13. Sloth

Sloth Contributing Member

hey yckt. news flash for you. did you watch your fabulous lakers last night. did you see how those 4 hall of famers fared against the Duncanless and Parkerless spurs? man they sure beat the crap out of those spurs. wait....THEY DIDN'T!!!! they had to go to double overtime just to pull out a 3 point victory. and the spurs were leading the entire game!! what the hell does that say about your lakers. without duncan, the spurs can't rebound worth ****. this gave your sorry ass lakers so many offensive rebounds it's not even funny. how would you rank the spurs without their two best players? a starting lineup of Hart, Ginobili, Bowen, Rose, and Nesterovic!!!!OMG....that's about as good as the Clippers. But your lakers sucked it up. that's pathetic. if the spurs hadn't missed 5 out of their last 11 freethrows in regulation, they would have beat you and it would have been a HUGE disappointment.

and as far as your view on the rockets. YOU ARE A F***ing DUMB@$$ True we haven't played the best of teams yet. but look at points allowed. 76.3. now i know you are going to say, "of course it's going to be low, you are playing against crap teams." but the fact is....NO ONE IS SUPPOSED TO SCORE ONLY 76 points. no matter how bad they are. the nuggets last year (arguably the worst team in league history) still score like 82 points a game. And as far as everyone outside of houston looks down on the rockets, how come they are ranked in the top 10 in every F***ing power ranking. One power ranking had them at #3. Last night after the game, Charles said, "Man, let me tell you, they are playing some ball down in Houston." and Ernie said, "That is definately for sure" And I was watching "Around the Horn" and they were having a discussion about the lakers winning the next championship and one of the anaylizers said, "The lakers are gonna be awesome this year, but look out...the Houston Rockets with Yao Ming, Steve Francis and Jeff Van Gundy are gonna challenge this year." He made it sound like the rockets were the only hope to save basketball from that piece of **** they call a basketball player in Shaq. He has absolutely no god given skill that any shmow on a street court has. He is just a huge monstrosity who fouls the other player on every F***ing possession on offense and defense but yet averages 2 fouls a game. Many analizers have said that the '70 celtics would beat the current lakers if the reffs called the game the way it's supposed to be. YOU CAN'T DISLODGE YOUR MAN!!! IT'S A FOUL. NO ONE ELSE CAN DO IT. WHY SHOULD SHAQ BE ABLE TO??? and if Francis is so overrated, then why does he make the allstar team? why is he the one other than KG to average 20, 6, 6 last year? why is he put on top 2 or 3 in point gaurd lists on multiple sports websites? I know you are gonna come back with he has too many turnovers, which is true, but he is the one with the ball in his hands the most. there is a reason why power forwards don't have as many turnovers. they only have the ball for a short period of time. Look at the list of who leads the league in tournovers. I just saw it the other day, it was...1. Baron Davis 2. Allen Iverson 3. Paul Pierce 4. some one else and 5. SF Jason Kidd and Kobe were up there last year too. so that is no argument on your side. And he is not selfish like you think he is. They try all of the time to get Yao the ball. But if yao can't get himself into possition, then it's not a good idea to get him the ball all of the time. This year, Francis and Mobley have improved on their passing, moving the ball around, thinking smarter, less one on one, and defense. Mobley was an underated defender last year anyway, but i agree, francis sucked at defense last year. but after watching games this year, JVG has got him playing much improved defence. Van Gundy gave him (and only him) a trophy for such improved defense. In the last 4 preseason game van gundy watched every tape and saw that SF put his had in the face of every shooter. So before the season he gave him an award. And I think JVG knows more about SF's defense than you do. So why don't you lay off a bit and give the rockets some time. Let them play some more games and prove to you that they belong amongst the elite.

PS oh, by the way, your lakers just barely beat the Bucks (one of the worst teams in the league) and were actually losing most of the game. just out right pathetic.

14. Kiki

Kiki Member

glad to see we're discussing the Nets Rockets game in here...:confused:

15. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Why is everyone here talking about the Lakers? Did I miss something?

16. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

read the message in my signature it will be fun at least at me yes :) ;) :D :cool: :p

17. tannersearle78

I posted a really really really long thought on Yao earlier on this thread, and later I found out that someone cut and pasted that post of mine and put it on a Chinese Yao Ming site--and lo and behold, Yao Ming actually replied to it.

It's written in Chinese, and since I'm not Chinese, I, of course, can't read it, but my friend translated and said that Yao wrote that it was too good an article for him not to respond to. He added that I was spot on.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn. It's just that I was surprised that my post made it out of this site and onto another site that Yao Ming regularly posts on. Maybe it isn't him. But this is the second time I've seen my post on someone else's site. For god sakes people, at least put my name under the article! My user name on Clutch City is my real name, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. LOL.

Here's the link.http://yaoming.newclub.sohu.com/thr...ock=false&unarchive=false&tstart=-1&trange=-1

18. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

Congrats.

This night is ALL ABOUT YOU!!!

:rolleyes:

19. maderzhao

maderzhao Member

IMO, this translation is very good, I mean you can say it's almost professionally sound. And the reply of Yao is authentic, since this place is Yao Ming's own website.

I guess your post would be probably helping Yao a lot in his meantal toughness building as he acknowleged.

Thank you very much for your every effort and passion!

20. prlen

prlen Member

poor guy!.Just go back to check your post!
    "I hope Colin Pine is reading this so he can relay this to Yao."
    Somebody not named Colin Pine did you a faver!!!!
    Pls ask Colin Pine to trans. that post in yaobbs to u iand posteres chinese ID!!!j,maybe u would know what 's happed and how is going on!
    Don't let The dog whine at the door, asking to be let out.