1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 5/7/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2005.

1. fredyalvarado

fredyalvarado Member

rockets will win today, guaranteed.

Big Sleep will not allow his team to lose. :D

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Game 7 - The stage ia set for both TMac and Yao.These are the kind of games where Jordan's ability to impose his will on the other team would pull the Bulls through.It never ceases to amaze me how the select few elevate/elevated their game,and everyone elses, putting it on your back if needed.Well,TMac has started doing that.(and cranking up the defensive intensity)If Yao gets into the act tonight great(and I think he will),if not no worries.I would expect the Rockets to be in control of this game from the tip.
    TMac's Coming Out Party
    ..Rockets blowout the Mavs

#102 Plowman, May 7, 2005
    Last edited: May 7, 2005
  3. TimmyB34

TimmyB34 Member

Today is my birthday and I couldn't think of a better birthday gift than a W. I'll be there for Game 7 and I can't tell you how ready I am to shut these guys up. The last Game 7 I went to in all of sports was Yankees-Red Sox in 2003. If this one is half as good as that one, we are all in for a treat today. Let's go, guys!

4. DaDa

DaDa Contributing Member

I won't be able to be awake, while this game is being played, considering it will be around 2-3a.m. for me.

Just praying that I wake up the next day, and click on clutchformums to find threads on how we face up against the Suns, and not what we'll be doing over the summer.

5. bestsnoopy

bestsnoopy Member

althouth, i am a little worry about tomorrow's game, i still believe that Rockets will win. we will win and must win!!
    ROX: 112
    mav:87

6. redcapital

redcapital Contributing Member

I don't think this game will be very close, either we below them out or be blowned out.

7. dabien1

dabien1 Member

I think the Rockets can pull it off but this will by no means be a cakewalk.

Is everyone here just saying the Rockets will WIN simply because that's what you want to happen or do you TRULY TRULY have a good feeling that Rockets will pull it off?

8. dabien1

dabien1 Member

you don't think it'll be nitty gritty down to the wire?

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think we can win but the Mavs are more likely to because of Yao's poor performance in the last game. I don't expect him to bounce back with another 30 point game because he is looking tense and probably feels he let the team down. It's likely to be an even more physical game than the last one with fronting and banging.
    I can live with missed shots if the effort is strong but he was soft and got in quick foul trouble in the last game which worries me a lot. I do expect him to do better than in game 6 with something around 15 points which may not be enough. I hope he and the rest of our guys can prove me wrong and come out with a win.

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Do not be afraid. Only to believe.

11. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

I BELIEVE. Rox will win tonight!!! God i hope you help us with those refs!!!!!!!!!

12. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

LOL!! That's pretty hilarious!!

13. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Is TNT gonna screw us over again? I'm pretty sure the Celtics/Pacers is RIGHT before us, instead ofallowing for time in between.

I mean they should give time to analyze the Celts game anyway.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

as NIKE said:

JVG is 5-0 in the last game of a series.

JVG is 2-0 when the last game of a series is on the road.

JVG is 3-0 after his team plays an elimination game.

yao averages about 25-10 in games following a performance of 8-5 or less.

all signs point to yes tonight. keep faith, believe, and WEAR YOUR GEAR! GET OTHERS TO WEAR GEAR TONIGHT TOO!! AT LEAST WEAR OUR COLORS!!!

ROX:110
    mf-suck-fl:102

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i forgot to add:

GO ROX!!! TELL THE MAVS "DON'T BE GROUPIES, KEEP IT MOVING!!!"

STOP THE FLOP!!

STOP THE FLOP!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

ROX 104
    MAVS 96

17. clyde

clyde Member

I tomorrow early in the morning (5.00) was to go to city Volgograd. this much far from me (approximately 750êì) but I have heard that us will have show this match (in 5.30 morning) I have postponed the trip. I WANT to SEE the VICTORY of the ROCKETS! I quarrelled because of this with young wife, with their own parent. BUT I WANT to SEE the VICTORY of the ROCKETS! and I her(its) shall SEE.......
    WE BELIEVE In TEAM!!!

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

This post is just awesome :cool:

Rocket fans all around the world are putting everything on hold for Game 7!

19. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

go houston, you have the largest fan group around the whole world!! (of course most toward Yao:D ):D :D

20. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

:confused: :confused:

I am sure JVG's teams have played more elimination games than last games of a series. Just by looking at the above 2 stats alone, one has to wonder how in the world this is possible?