1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 5/7/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2005.

1. TechLabor

TechLabor Contributing Member

Keep Tmac, Yao, Deke, and Jon Barry. All the others can go.

2. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Well I broke my computer again...

In February a bottle fell on the laptop and the hard drive was dead.

During, I guess it was the 3rd quarter of last night's game I 'inadvertantly' hit my computer directly to the right of the touchpad...and not that hard either (not that it makes a difference at this point).

Yeah, apparently there is no shock absorber or any type of prevention or testing on dropped or hit Sony laptops. So there goes another hard drive (last time I tried to get it recovered, but it was completely gone; this time I might have a chance at it).

God I'm a dumbass, but that was the worst NBA game I have seen. EVER.

Like I remember when Houston lost by 40 to Sacramento one night and then beat them by 40 the next day. That was the regular season.

But this game...absolutely horrid. A PLAYOFF game nonetheless. Disgusting performance; no defense. The should've just lost in six to save me the anger (and a hard drive). :(

3. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Actually, TMac's birthday is May 24, 1979. So he will be 27 if Rockets make it to 2nd round playoff next season. Does it mean Rockets will win a championship next year? Wow, the future does look bright! :D

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Thank you, Donald Trump. :mad:

5. KWA8272

KWA8272 Contributing Member

No wonder you had said so many negative things to Rockets without any basis. Apparently you have had another priority.

6. Man

Man Contributing Member

LOL! :D

7. KWA8272

KWA8272 Contributing Member

Great point

8. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

I was at the game, painted up, pics on the "Just got back from Dallas" thread.

I cant believe we layed down like that. Tmac being cold early wasnt a good sign. Was there anybody assigned to guard jason terry?

I held out hope when we cut it to 15 at half, boy did that little tide turn end quickly.

All i can do is shake my head.

Dissapointed. Very Very Very Dissapointed. I officially hate the mavs.

LETS GO SUNS!!!!!!!

9. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

i really thought jeff van gundy could have done a better job of getting his team into focus and build some kind of confidence before game 7 started. and seeing padgett defend dirk was really irritating. most of our guys had poor communication defending other players and that killed us mentally. though it was a good run, and i hope the rockets do better next year cause i know they will. :D

10. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Get a IBM Thinkpad T4x, best labtop I have ever used.
    My wife used a Sony before. Boy it was a piece of junk after a year :D

11. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

It's not JVG's fault, the Mavs just have much better individual talent. We missed our opportunity to win at least one more game out of those four close games. The Mavs have too much offensive talent to be kept down that long, we held them down for 6 games, that normally should be enough for us to win.

12. Mooch

Mooch Member

rockets2k highlights gonna be like 5megs lol

13. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I wouldn't bet against it....in fact I might bet on it.

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm still sick of what happened Saturday Night...And being ragged on by my cousins for the pathetic effort...Not what I expected, but again, who did...

As far as re-tooling goes, we need a healthy, consistent shooting point guard, but other than that, we're good...The suns will sweep the Mavs...

15. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

I start loving the bad loss of the game 7, 'cause I know it would make our team and dynamic duo better, stronger, and tougher. There was never easy success. Keep heads up. We have a bright future. We really do. Go Rockets!

16. Nautic

Nautic Member

Dallas pushed all chips in, and Houston folded. One Texas team hold on to move to next round.

17. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

painful...

18. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I was on a weekend getaway and watch the game in the hotel room. It was ruining my weekend!