1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 5/7/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2005.

1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Rockets lead by 10 points with 16 seconds left...

Mavs hit three.... we miss basket, and foul shots

Mavs hit three again at 2.6 seconds left...

We dribble away and win by 4 pts. comfortably.

I B3LI3V3!!!

2. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

We WILL win. No doubt.

GO ROCKETS !!! CLUTCH CITY III

3. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Game 7 on May 7 Rockets win by 7

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

We have been pretty consistent with the inconsistent performance, always goes by wining streak, then losing streak. Now, it's the winning streak time!

Oh, the same thing goes for Yao, he has been playing bad and good every other game, so game 7 is the good game time.

Just win, baby!

5. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Do or Die!!

6. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

A victory for the city. For the future. And the glory. Now and forever.

7. moomoo

moomoo Member

Any word yet on which channel will carry the local (Houston) broadcast for Game 7? Will it be FSN Houston or KNWS 51? At the end of the local KNWS broadcast for Game 6, the tip time for Game 7 was given, but not the channel.

Anyone know?

Sorry if this has been covered.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm seeing way too much overconfidence in here. The Mavericks are deeper than us, and they have the home court, and we're tired, and we shot an abnormally high percentage of 3's in the only one of the last four games we've won against them, and one of our two "superstars" is MIA and seems totally confused out there. I hope to God we win this game. But if we do, it will be on heart and effort, not team-wide talent and consistency.

9. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Most fans are posting with their hearts.

I personally do not believe we will win unless we play almost perfect basketball.

Dallas will be fired up and they won't miss those same shots two straight games.

The refs also won't be as nice to us.

In order for us to win:

Bowen must play well and defend Nowitzki the 1st 3 quarters and hit an occassional jump shot.

Sura can not implode and turn the ball over. He must also contain Jason Terry who drives past him at will.

Yao must play smart and strong - neither of which is a given.

Van Gundy must rest TMac - especially in the 2nd half.

Every one of our players needs to hit the boards. And on long shots, at least one of our guards must make an attempt to grab an errant shot.

Turnovers, FT's and Rebounding will be the keys.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Game 7 isnt just another game. The way this series has been going, we blew out them twice and lost 3 close one(they got lucky and help from the refs). Basketball isnt decisided only by talent. I have faith in Gundy and in Tmac we trust. Yao's going to step up. The guy has been to big stage, playing under pressure. The first 10 minute or so tomorrow, if you see Yao goes on shooting spree, 8 of 8 somthing like that, Yao's going to get 30s. Dallas has very good offensive players, but I think we might just do enough to give them different looks. Hang close with them, and we will pull this out. No need to be rational right now, it aint a chess match.

11. saintcloud

saintcloud New Member

we will survive.

12. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

The Rockets need Yao, and Mike James/Bob Sura to step up. I'm confident that Tmac will have another good game, but he needs help from Yao this game.

But...if Yao continues to play like he did in game 6, and the Rockets get down in the first half, I think JVG has to go to Mutombo. It seemed like the hard fouls in game 6 got into Yaos head, and he started fumbling the ball away in the lane.

Bottom line, if the refs call a tight game, the Mavs gain an advantage. However, Avery Johnson doesn't realize that he needs to call out the officials to gain that advantage. And by saying "no excuses" he prevented his players and Cuban from being able to call out the refs. I think thats a big error by a rookie coach.

13. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Man, I hope they win, for Godsake we have been so hungry for a playoff series win for the longest time. PLEASE GOD, PLEASE I WILL BE A BETTER PERSON IF YOU LET THEM WIN! I am going to Dallas to for this game, please don't let my boys fail me now!

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I'm watching the Bulls/Wizards game and Skiles had Gordon start but it wasn't Bens night, he played 11 minutes and Skiles yanked him. JVG needs to do the same thing on Saturday, if Yao isn't the answer or Sura or anyone else for that matter, yank them and have the players that are producing on the floor. Rox need to get off to a good start and silence the Dallas crowd.

15. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

CRAP!!! The game is on at the same time I have to put on a penguin suit and go to some charity gala with my wife!!!

NOOOOO!!!!

Hopefully the hotel will have a bar that will have the game on.

17. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

JUST WIN DAMNIT!!!

18. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

24 hours let the truth be told....

Man I got finals next week and I really need to do good if i am to pass the classes but if the Rockets win this game ....God i just wouldn't care anymore..... Lets Go Rockets get some good sleep and be ready to bring the hurt tom.
    peace

19. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

20. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I picked the Mavs in 7 before the series began.

Rockets 98
    Mavs 102

Man I hope I'm wrong.