1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/25/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2005.

1. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

2. Rocket Guard

Rocket Guard Member

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

4. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Great job, as usual R2K.

Watching those highlights, I just can't believe how big a pansy Dirk is. He was scared to touch Yao. Has he committed more than 3 fouls in 2 games? I am really starting to lose what little respect I had for the guy. He gets tapped in the head, and flails around and falls about 2 seconds later. He takes a jumper and just falls down hoping to get a call, and sadly the refs are still bailing him out.

Whatever happened to earning respect through tough, dominant play? Dirk is the most protected, softest player in this league, bar none. He gets the call every time he goes to the basket, yet he stops going to the basket. It doesn't matter if you block his shot, or take a charge,or go straight up, he gets the call everytime. A few calls for Tmac and Yao would be nice, but it's just so much more fulfilling to watch them just make baskets against that pathetic mavericks defense. Dirk an mvp candidate, what a freakin joke.

5. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah it looks that way..I saw Yao coming toward the basket..but actually I think Howard quickly went to box Yao out..and some other guys ran towards the basket too..and well Yao would be called for over the back loose ball oful if he did get it :p lol

Anyways AWESOME

Thanks Rockets2k

6. Man

Man Contributing Member

LOL
    :) Yup pansy flopping wimp :)
    So at this point. Tmac > Dirk. I'd rather have TMac. Tmac is my MVP candidate right now..

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

there is a moment in the clip (3:34) where Rybo has him on the baseline...and Dirk takes the shot and it hits the side of the backboard...Rybo gets the foul called on him.

The replay shows that Rybo never touched him...there was space between them you could see thru.

Totally horrible call...and typical of the types of calls Dirky gets.

#767 Rockets2K, Apr 26, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  8. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Dirk = Karla ... a flopper who only scores because the calls he gets means you literally can't defend him.

9. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

10. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

11. dabien1

dabien1 Member

12. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Man I haven't posted here in a while. Good to see you guys still as strong as ever. I have been traveling for work but I am now back in Texas. This game was one of my all time favorites to watch.

But the main thing on my mind right now is WHAT IN THE HELL is El Toro's Sig getting at?

Other than that, thanks R2K for the clips!

13. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Does anyone know if a game video torrent will be made for this?

14. mike99

mike99 Member

R2K, thank you so much

15. GMNot

GMNot Member

A Game for the books...

I don't think we'll see any finer playoff basketball than we saw in last night's game with Dallas. Both teams played with a lot of heart, hustle and soul. It had the intensity of a game 7. It was like two heavyweight fighters body punching each other back and forth. It was just a question of who's guard would drop a tad and let the other deliver the knockout. Keith van Horn will be given a large portion of the blame for this loss because of his hesitation to shoot on one of the last possessions which led to a turnover and then not trapping McGrady on the last game winning shot. But that is a little unfair when the game was so hard fought. Houston lost points when Clarence Weatherspoon made his brief appearance in the game. So I hope Dallas fans aren't too hard on Van Horn. In a game that could have gone either way at the end it's a bitter pill to swallow to have to call either team's effort a "loss". I need to get some nitroglycerin tablets if the rest of their games are like this.

Yao showed up big as we all would have wanted him to most of the season. He still made a couple of silly fouls but overall he played an excellent game and established himself well enough in the first half so that McGrady could try to do more in the second half. In fact, it was McGrady imposing his will on the game -- just in a more subtle fashion. He took so few shots in the first half. He seemed determined to put the responsibility on Yao by not taking a lot of shots and letting Yao get the ball more. If Tracy can keep nudging Yao along this way we may be in for a heck of a ride in the West. Charles Barkley has even had to hedge his bets and put one foot on the bandwagon.

In fact all the Rockets showed up for this game. Who would disagree with Magic's assessment of the road the Rockets can take? But... one game at a time.

No doubt it's easier to be gracious when your team is ahead in a series, but hats off to Dallas for playing one heck of a game. And hats off to the Rockets for playing with the heart of a champion on this night.

Tracy McGrady's knack for last shot wins are a little like a boxer that was pretty good in his day. We may have to start calling him, Tracy "Ali" McGrady. It's that effortless lightening jab of a jump shot that has knocked out quite a few teams this season.

16. fanwq

fanwq Member

I have the same idea with you when waching the game.
    Real chemistry in Rockets!

17. fanwq

fanwq Member

100% in fact.
    The one lose is steal by Dirk, sometime NBA did mistakes.
    Don't care about it. Yao and T-Mac are perfect, and rest players of our team.

18. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

Last night was a great game. The real question is would you rather see a nail-biter or a complete blowout?

I don't think there is anything better than seeing a nail-biter on the road and then winning at the buzzer. To see and hear the collective disappointment of 18,000+ Dallas fans was absolutely fantastic.

However, at home (i.e. game 3 and 4) I really hope the Rockets are able to blow Dallas out. I can't and don't want to imagine what it feels like to be on the other end of a game 2 type performance.

19. fanwq

fanwq Member

You know he is great.Do you know how great he is?
    That's what our fans want to see.

20. dwen1

dwen1 Member

Hey guys, can you hear a woman screaming in the clip after the T-Mac dunk on the stiff? I don't know how to discribe it, but that says it all, even the Dallas fans can't stay silent on this one, for a moment, they forgot about the fact that they are the victim and they enjoyed the pure magic of a great play.