1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 6, 2008.

1. MONON

MONON Member

Win Saturday & we're #3 headed for #1. I get sick of hearing about the Spurs little win streak. What is it now? 10? :p They better not loose again or they'll wind up #2 behind us!

2. dionysus180

dionysus180 Member

beat b!tch beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

3. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Love how the ESPN recap makes such a big deal out of Nowitzki not being there. The choke artist wouldn't have helped at all.

4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Member

With this win, we finally have a winning division record. For some reason that pleases me more than beating the snot out of Dallas.

5. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Love it.
    Caught him in his own faulty logic.

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Tomorrow...

Utah @ Phoenix (Utah sux on the road)
    San Antonio @ Denver

Woo hoo!

7. jojobabbu

jojobabbu Member

that is the funniest **** ive seen

8. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

BTW, any way we can go ahead and extend Scola's deal AND get Landry under contract for a nice period of time? I like having those two as our security blanket down low.

9. Benjerin

Benjerin Member

Welcome to Houston!!!!!!!!!

Yes Babe!!!!

10. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Backpeddling in full effect...

To err is human
    Writing off the Rockets was worst of my predictions

Spring is in the air -- well, I say that as I'm airborne from the East Coast to Los Angeles -- and with that feeling of rebirth comes the desire to unburden my soul. It's time to look at some of the stupid things I've written in this space and own up to them.

Having to alter predictions doesn't necessarily mean they were stupid. For example, I predicted before the season that the Mavericks would beat the Celtics in the NBA Finals. Though I would back off that now (the Spurs, Lakers and Hornets are much better positioned than the Mavs), it's not overly stupid. I also predicted that LeBron James would be the MVP. At this point I would probably vote for Kobe Bryant with James and Chris Paul fighting it out for second, but that wasn't overly stupid, either.

Listed below are my wrongheaded predictions in descending order of wrongheadedness. Honestly, I'd rank only the first two as truly stupid.

1. My overly harsh analysis of the Rockets.

After watching Houston in a December game in Toronto, I wrote off the Rockets, saying that a team with Tracy McGrady at the helm would ultimately fail, not because McGrady is not a marvelously talented player but mostly because he is. His teammates can't read him, I wrote. He's not selfish in that strict sense of the word, but he's difficult to play with, I wrote.

Well, over the last two months, the Rockets have played as well as anyone in the league. Always battling injuries, Houston has hung tough and wormed its way into that crowded scrum of elite teams in the Western Conference. After Yao Ming went down with season-ending foot surgery, they still persevered, and were riding a 16-game winning streak after beating the Pacers on Wednesday.

Logic says that they will eventually fall out of the playoff picture without Yao, but I wouldn't bet on it. They deserve a lot of credit, and I can only hope that the snakebitten Yao makes it back strong so they can make a run next season.

Full article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jack_mccallum/03/06/rockets.mistakes/index.html?eref=T1

11. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

such a beautiful game.

when yao went down, i was sad, and honestly ready to call the season.
    but, watching that first game, i saw something, and i won't say i knew, but i saw the possibility. well, these guys are making it real fun. whatever comes i am excited to watch these guys because our team is fierce.

12. AttackTheRack

AttackTheRack Member

They're just on fire. Period. Didn't catch the game, but 17 in a row?!? Come on, now! How many teams win 17 in a row? Not too many, for sure. Ya, the schedule's been soft, but you can only beat who they put in front of you. And after losing Yao? Could of crushed the team, but didn't, and they've just rolled on. 17 times. Ridiculous! How many can they win?

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Tracy can be so great when we need him to be. Rafer is still playing out of his mind. This team looks just like the 04 Piston team. I'm so pround of our guys for playing hard every night, I don't care when the streak ends they're an elite team in my book even without Yao.

14. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

Scolandry!!! :)

29 pts 11 rbs 3ast 2st 2bs

15. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Member

I don't think you can "backpedal" if you readily admit you were wrong.

16. h-rock1

h-rock1 Member

go rockets!!! 17 in a row baby

17. caneks

caneks Rookie

Good win. However, the ball didn't move as well in those last 2 games as before. T-Mac and Alston took a little too much shots. The board was not protected well tonight.

18. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

The ball moved real well,We had only 5 Turnovers the entire game and we put up 113 points + 23 assists with 5 Guy's in double figures in scoring.

19. imaham259

imaham259 Member

17 in a row is awesome! The fact that every game from here on out is history in the making is very exciting time to be watching. But is anyone more impressed by the fact that we are beating teams by consecutive double digits, I am. Are we closing in on some kinda record with that stat to?

20. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

:confused: We just blew the hated Mavs out of their building!!! Tracy had a great shooting night and so did Rafer, yeah Deke should have gotten more shots :rolleyes: Anyways much props to the girl behind the backboard wearing a Rockets jersey and waving the Yao head!!!