1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 12/4/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2015.

1. MONON

MONON Member

Since the Rox live feed is blacked out for me in the hill country, I can only comment from the box score. Couple of things I noticed. 1. we out boarded them & did it on the offensive boards. They played 3 7fters, while we played 1 guy over 6-9. 2. we're less 3s, but making more of them.

I'm getting ready to watch the rebroadcast.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Exactly as i mentioned James just slap him, there was no bumping

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The defense wasn't that bad (it's not great). I thought this was the best defense Rockets have played all season. Definitely the best sustained effort all season. I'm surprised so many commenting on it.

4. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Just wondering what's the reasoning behind this?

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

No excuse for Dwight not to play hard on every possession tomorrow.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Brewer has the potential to be a true catalyst when he gets going fully and when our defense plays aggressively . Thorton is a superior shooter for sure , but defensively they are around equal . Their offensive styles make all the difference . When brew is doing his thing he is a constant cutting machine going to the hoop . Tonight guys found him and he found others . Contrary to most people's beliefs the worst part of our offense in this early part of the season hasn't been shooting it's been ball movement . We can't get looks in the paint and thus are forced to shoot threes , even when our guys can tell they aren't falling and don't have confidence .

Brew has been playing much better the last few games , and while I do like thorton , Brewer is simply a more integral part of our team and what we want to play like . Hustle is contagious and when you have guys like brew and bev flying all over the place it sets the bar . Yes , sometimes they are out of control . But the line between out of control and being aggressive is quite thin .

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

His name is Mark Cuban

Show this annoying fat POS some fn respect.

1 person likes this.
  9. DenisM

DenisM Member

Avoiding GSW in the 1st round or the semifinals.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Brew moves the ball and slashes to the basket. We need that when Harden gets bottled up. For now, Bre Brew just needs to lay off the 3pters.

11. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I'm sure it means stay out of Golden States bracket. Avoid them until the WCF if possible. I agree. We need that 3rd seed.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Why are the Celtics playing the Rockets in Dallas?

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

So we won't have to face GSW til the WCF

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I guess we've got to agree to disagree.

Brewer is good in our offense when we are locking down the paint and generating fast break opportunities. That isn't happening this season.

Considering a lot of our problems are being caused by absolutely horrendous defense - I'd much rather Thornton in over Brewer.

- Brewer is not a successful man on man defender, and gambles way too often which puts a strain on the rest of the team as they struggle to rate to cover his miscues.

- Thornton has shown in the pre-season and in limited opportunities this season that he is actually a competent man on man defender and can hold his own.

Brewer is NOT helping to create ball movement for the most part. He will have a slash or two here and there which will result in a layup. But I cannot equate that to being equal to his 17 forays into the key with a pathetic 'shot' attempt resulting in a turnover.

'When Brewer is doing his thing'... unfortunately it's been 20 games now and we have rarely seen him do his thing.

Brewer is not out on the court doing nothing but hustling. Don't let gambles on defense fool you.

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

haha that's CLASSIC!

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Ya the defense was solid tonight... A few miscues by harden but I even thought he played inspired on that side all game.

His defense on dirk denying him the ball that last possession was elite. The his the big clutch shot to seal it on the other end.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Brewer sucks, he shoots far too much for how pathetic he is at it.

Morey should have let him walk, now we have that 8m albatross of a contract on a guy that should be 10-12th man on the roster.

Thornton should be playing over him.

That being said, good win...

DD

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Another nice win.

19. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I'm not getting carried away. McHale's stories grew old, he couldn't make adjustments like JB. Combine a real coach with the return of a healthy D-Mo we will become ELITE (top 3) long before the all star break. Mark my words. :)

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

It just....we don't see Les or any other owner pulling that BS.