1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 11/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2013.

1. corry

corry Member

You speak the truth.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You are an idiot and can feel free to put me on ignore. If you bothered to read instead of scanning, you'd find plenty of posts where I've said Lin is a better PG than Bev. I have NEVER said Bev is the superior PG, period.

But I'm black, so I must think so and must be racist, right? GTFOH.

3. trock

trock Member

Dude. You need help.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Please look at the schedule. Check out 12/12 through 12/25. We play 6 of 8 on the road, several of which are against top teams in the West. And those 2 home games are against Chicago and Dallas, not exactly gimmes.

In early January, we have a 4 game road trip and then a home game on a B2B with the Thunder. Winnable games, but a tough stretch regardless.

Then in February, we play 7 of 8 on the road. The home game is a layup against the Wiz, but the rest are all games the Rockets could lose.

And finally in March, they've got a 2-game homestand with the Pacers and Blazers followed by a 3-game roadtrip at OKC, Chicago, and Miami.

Will the Rockets win some of these games? I hope. Most of them? Maybe. But the point is, they're going to lose their share of them as well. And the worst thing they can do right now is dig themselves a hole early on by throwing away winnable games against weaker opponents. Especially ones where they lead by 18 points late in the 3rd quarter.

Remember, the goal is not to just squeak into the playoffs like last season. Even the NBA analysts who think the Rockets are overrated still expect them to make the 2nd round or else this season's a failure. Right now, they look like a 1st round out.

5. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

they are just not high on lin, do you not see how much people shyt on lin even when he plays okay (especially rotoworld) not many people out there think lin can b good, mchales way better compared to these ppl when lin plays well he praises him, at least hes being fair

6. KlutchQT

If you watched the game, you'd know he wasn't on Ellis for all 37 of those points.

7. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Go home DH78, you're drunk.

8. KlutchQT

*she ;)

9. yummyhawtsauce

lol none. Bev fits the starter group more because he gets to take the wide open shot and doesn't do anything. harden, parsons, and dwight all get their shots first. Tjones is clean up and the open 3.

Lin comes off the bench is supposed to be the PG

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I can't help it if you came in late.

So you think that I'm just making it up that people were posting saying that Lin is the main reason we lost the game?

Get real.

11. DL24

DL24 Member

pretty much this...Lin plays 17 minutes, people wonder why he didn't go for 30pts and 10 assists

12. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

This^

It was our defense (and even then, a good amount of Dirk's shots at the end at the least hand a hand up or forced him to dribble). They won that game as much as we lost it.

13. New

I think Dmo needs another year. He is not ready until he build up his muscle. But his ceiling is really the sky.

In my opinion, unless Asik gets back to last year's Omer, we have no hope in becoming a contending team.

And honestly, we need a Marion-type player, who is big/strong enough and gives you really good defense. Bev's D is above average, but he is really too small to put enough pressure on SGs. I hoped Parsons would have developed his D.

14. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

I didnt watch the whole game, but to be fair, I saw Harden guarding Ellis some, and per usual with Harden defense, let him do whatever he wanted. I don't know how much Bev guarded Ellis tonight. I do agree that his defense is a bit overrated though. He was better in terms of defense coming off the bench because his style of defense is so dependent on energy, it's just impossible to keep that up with prolonged minutes. Before people jump on me, I am a Lin fan but this isnt to say Bev sucks and Lin should start. I really hardly care who starts.

15. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Yeah, I know his defense is absolutely HORRIBLE. He needs a LOT more refinement in the post IMO. He does not jack up 3's at a great rate from what I've seen. I was REALLY excited about this guy when he signed but I've personally been very disappointed so far. Here's to hoping I'm very wrong.

16. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I'm surprised no one is talking about Marion taking a foul on Harden's 3.
    I'm not saying it's why we lost but he clearly hit Harden with two hands to take a foul and it wasn't even acknowledged by the refs or even the commentators.

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I agree totally with this sentiment. How can you win if you can't score? I think if anything, by playing (Bev) 36 minutes and contributing 9 points and 3 assists played a large part in Houston's loss. It wasn't like he locked down his man...

18. DH78

DH78 Member

He is a she, although I get why you are confused.

19. KlutchQT

I just said I've been in the thread from beginning to end. And I've seen a handful of posts blaming him -- no more than I saw blaming Harden and crapping on Bev and even Casspi from LOFs early on. I'm not saying you personally, but there are a LOT of people on here who dump all over everybody. else. on. this. roster -- and then turn around and have a self-righteous meltdown because someone says Lin had an off night. Sorry, but it's hypocritical and it's BS.

20. Peaceful Elbow

I agree with you. I think Lin as a starter for this team could make the team a lot more dangerous. However, McHale never trusted Lin for whatever reason, dating back from the last season. Hence I said earlier Lin should go elsewhere instead of playing under for the like of McHale.