1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 11/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2013.

1. LeoX

LeoX Member

Lin and asik combo sucks. Then add garcia not doing jack makes it worst. Lin should be playing with the bigs who can catch or with other slahers. Asik with his lazy ass passes. We lost this game cause of lack of defense. We got the score back up to 10 when the starters came back but due to bad shot selection we handed this game to the mavs. Lin wasnt the major reason we loss but mchale needs to do better substituting people and not have times where we be lacking offense due to putting groups like lin asik garcia omri playing 5 min streches.

2. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

Starters were up by 8 with 9 minutes left. They choked; it's simple.

1 person likes this.
  3. nomangame

nomangame Member

Brooks and D-Mo should have played to give some firepower....

What a heartbreak.....Lin only 1 point and 0-5.....Garcia is not like himself....Beverly make your shots count....horrible horrendous disastrous 4th quarter......

*DEEP BREATH*

Oh well, beat the Wolves at home then:)

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

But that's exactly why you do blame the bench, because they played barely any minutes. They barely played because when they were playing, they were bad tonight and the starters had to come back in with barely any rest.

So yes... blame the bench. And blame Parsons layup that didn't go in.

5. tada

tada Member

I would take Brad Stevens over McFail any day as our coach...

6. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

When the refs don't let you breathe on Ellis and Dirk, it is going to be a long night. Yes, the Rockets should have still won, and yes they have a lot of work to do on late game execution, but that was ridiculous.

7. rocksclo

rocksclo Member

Lin was never a star player to begin, what do you expect from a 8 mil paid role player do for you?
    Plus, Lin never got the chance to get to the line while sitting on bench. You can only do so much with 17 min play time.

On the other hand, Bev had 40 mins.
    When Rockets win, Starters play 30 mins. Bev and Lin will share the same amount of play time. Tonight was clearly not the case.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Done responding to these idiot Dallas friends texting me Ellis>harden.

Paul George > harden is something I'm thinking may actually be true now.

9. cw3k

cw3k Member

He was giving a 5 to 6 minutes stretch, at quarter end. No player can do well like that.

Did you remembered when Lin start last year and a non-Lin bench (Douglas, Beverley), Lin always get sub out at 6 minutes and the bench get a good 12 minutes. But McHale is not doing this rotation when Lin is on the bench.

1 person likes this.
  10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

the bench gave all the momentum back to Dallas.

11. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

That's why I didn't say they clicked the whole game, and why they lost focus. But the biggest problem is still defensive lapses.

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The entire Asik-Casspi-Garcia-Lin combo was pretty terrible as a unit. Hard to pin it on just one or two guys. They all screwed up in different ways.

13. RRockets

RRockets Member

Yeah, 9 sec. to go? that is very interesting.

I thought McHale just wanted to shut out those who said he did not play JLin in the forth qtr

14. brooksstephens

Starters choked in the end... however the bench put them in a very choke-able situation by letting big leads get much smaller.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

To be fair, it doesn't take anywhere near 10-16 minutes to blow a lead/swing momentum. I'm not blaming the loss entirely on the bench, but let's not act as though playing 10-16 minutes renders them blameless.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

That's for sure. What is Vince? Around 40? The Mavs shooting in the fourth was just ridiculous. I honestly don't remember a miss. The worst thing about the loss is the Rockets are clearly the better team. Maybe not tonight, but season wise, I can't believe that the Mavs are going anywhere.

17. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I wanted to see a D-Mo vs Dirk... and I wanted Brooks all over Monta's nuts.

Really frustrated with tonight's collapse. This was a winner.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Bye Dude.

20. GageD

GageD Member

McHale must do better to keep teams from stealing games late. The D really broke down.